Harley-Davidson Workers say Plant Closure after tax cut like being stuck in a bad dream

AmericanTruther

May 21, 2018
Harley-Davidson workers are reeling after a new report revealed a plant closure and layoffs were planned as the company expected to reap huge financial benefits from a corporate tax cut.

A recent story on Vox, a news and opinion website, showed how the motorcycle manufacturer accepted a tax break, cut 350 jobs and then gave money to shareholders.

More: Harley-Davidson took a tax cut, then cut 350 jobs: report

“We did everything Harley-Davidson asked us to do,” welder Tim Primeaux said in an NBC News interview. “To have it all blow up in your face is kind of disappointing.”

Primeaux has worked at Harley-Davidson's Kansas City, Missouri, plant for 17 years.

When Harley-Davidson in January announced it would slash 800 jobs upon closing the Kansas City plant by fall 2019, Primeaux said he and other workers were in a state of "shock and awe."

"Pops Two Scoops and his 'Other Peoples Money' scheme...I'm not the smartest computer expert...but the WeakWhytes are getting hacked hard."
\
tenor.gif

more.....

President Donald Trump hosted Harley-Davidson executives at the White House and credited their success to a new American spirit that had emerged since his election: “I think you’re going to even expand. I know your business is now doing very well.” He later singled out Harley-Davidson as a “great American company” in his first address to Congress, vowing to help it again by persuading foreign countries to cut tariffs on its motorcycles.

So now we now The Donald is not a mind reader. The Donald was supposed to know the strategic planning of the folks at Harley Davidson! Obvious to folks familiar with bikes, Harleys need to be customized to not be embarrassing. Then they introduced lower CC models... They obviously cannot compete with Japanese bikes now or in the future, so who knows what the strategy is. Sad. HD should have simply made their main products better and more affordable. HD management is obviously fucked up! And why did the opening post have a pic of a child?

Harley-Davidson workers are reeling after a new report revealed a plant closure and layoffs were planned as the company expected to reap huge financial benefits from a corporate tax cut.

A recent story on Vox, a news and opinion website, showed how the motorcycle manufacturer accepted a tax break, cut 350 jobs and then gave money to shareholders.

“We did everything Harley-Davidson asked us to do,” welder Tim Primeaux said in an NBC News interview. “To have it all blow up in your face is kind of disappointing.”

Primeaux has worked at Harley-Davidson's Kansas City, Missouri, plant for 17 years.

When Harley-Davidson in January announced it would slash 800 jobs upon closing the Kansas City plant by fall 2019, Primeaux said he and other workers were in a state of "shock and awe."

"Pops Two Scoops and his 'Other Peoples Money' scheme...I'm not the smartest computer expert...but the WeakWhytes are getting hacked hard."
\
tenor.gif

more.....

Basically they come up with excuses for screwing people out of money.

"Hey, I know, let's pretend these school voucher things are good for education. Let's make these suckers think the ONLY way they can get choice in education is if they have these fucking vouchers. Then we'll use these vouchers to give rich people money off sending their kids to private schools they can already afford."

"Hey, I know, let's pretend that tax cuts are good for the poorer people, and then after a year or two we'll hike up what they pay, but keep it down for the rich. Those idiots will never know, they can afford accountants and lawyers."

\
tenor.gif

more.....

"Hey, I know, let's pretend these school voucher things are good for education. Let's make these suckers think the ONLY way they can get choice in education is if they have these fucking vouchers. Then we'll use these vouchers to give rich people money off sending their kids to private schools they can already afford."

"Hey, I know, let's pretend that tax cuts are good for the poorer people, and then after a year or two we'll hike up what they pay, but keep it down for the rich. Those idiots will never know, they can afford accountants and lawyers."

Are you denying that throughout the entire economy, that companies have been investing and giving pay raises, with the money not stolen in taxes?

Because that is not even debatable, it's an established fact.

You are looking at one single company, that was having problems before the tax cuts existed.

Infographic: Tough Times at Harley Davidson

Sales have declined since 2014, and that was only after a small recovery from the crash of 2009.

Just because you give people a tax cut, doesn't mean that a failing business isn't failing anymore.

You people are idiots sometimes.

If you were running a lemonade stand, and for 5 years you saw declining sales at the lemonade stand, would a tax cut change your decision to keep the lemonade stand running, if you were starting to lose money on it?

Oh joy, I get to keep more of the zero dollars in profit from my stand. Does that make sense in left-wing idiocy land? Morons.

\
tenor.gif

more.....

Are you denying that throughout the entire economy, that companies have been investing and giving pay raises, with the money not stolen in taxes?

You are looking at one single company, that was having problems before the tax cuts existed.

Sales have declined since 2014, and that was only after a small recovery from the crash of 2009.

Just because you give people a tax cut, doesn't mean that a failing business isn't failing anymore.

If you were running a lemonade stand, and for 5 years you saw declining sales at the lemonade stand, would a tax cut change your decision to keep the lemonade stand running, if you were starting to lose money on it?

Oh joy, I get to keep more of the zero dollars in profit from my stand. Does that make sense in left-wing idiocy land? Morons.

I might have replied, but then you started insulting.

\
tenor.gif

more.....

Why would I care, if you don't reply? You people have nothing to say, worth knowing anyway.

As long as everyone else can read my posts, and see how I discredit left-wing stupidity, that's all I care about. You people wouldn't be convinced if an entire country is completely devastated by your idiotic policies...... USSR, Cuba, North Korea, Venezuela...... Convincing you is never going to happen.

You'll be like Maduro in Venezuela, screaming that the reason stores don't even have Coffee..... No coffee in an area that is world renowned for growing coffee...... And instead of saying their left-wing Idiocy-ology doens't work... claim it's economic sabotage from America.

Trust me, I'm not even attempting to convince you of anything. I'm just trying to mock the stupidity of your arugments, so everyone else can see it for what it is. Complete idiocy.

\
tenor.gif

more.....

Why would I care, if you don't reply? You people have nothing to say, worth knowing anyway.

As long as everyone else can read my posts, and see how I discredit left-wing stupidity, that's all I care about. You people wouldn't be convinced if an entire country is completely devastated by your idiotic policies...... USSR, Cuba, North Korea, Venezuela...... Convincing you is never going to happen.

You'll be like Maduro in Venezuela, screaming that the reason stores don't even have Coffee..... No coffee in an area that is world renowned for growing coffee...... And instead of saying their left-wing Idiocy-ology doens't work... claim it's economic sabotage from America.

Trust me, I'm not even attempting to convince you of anything. I'm just trying to mock the stupidity of your arugments, so everyone else can see it for what it is. Complete idiocy.

You're talking about people being stupid, and yet you're going around insulting people.

Zzzzzzz, the ignore list would probably befit someone who can't be CIVIL to other people.

\
tenor.gif

more.....

You're talking about people being stupid, and yet you're going around insulting people.

Zzzzzzz, the ignore list would probably befit someone who can't be CIVIL to other people.

Yes, very interesting.... Moving on.

"Make Thailand Great Again! Globalists rock!"
\
trump.gif

:102:

Let me guess....

You think your government should protect your job.

Now you're on board with Two Scoops deal breaking moves. Nice.

You simple, Boy?

You are a left winger.

You only answer the questions you want to answer. Answering tough questions isn't for you.....

Simple is the sun coming up in the east.

Complex is you putting on your underwear (assuming you wear any).

Forum List

Back