MAGA: Dick's CEO says company destroyed $5M worth of assault rifles. Wanting to make streets safer!

The CEO of Dick’s Sporting Goods says that after the company made the decision to no longer sell assault-style rifles, more than $5 million worth of the weapons were destroyed.

In an interview with CBS News that aired Sunday, Ed Stack said following the decision last year to stop offering assault-style rifles, the question of what to with the remaining inventory lingered.

"I said, 'You know what? If we really think these things should be off the street, we need to destroy them,'" Stack said, adding that the company turned $5 million worth of the weapons into scrap metal.
View attachment 283384
While Dick’s saw a loss in immediate sales, its stock increased in the year after making the announcement.
View attachment 283386
Dick's CEO says company destroyed $5M worth of assault rifles

:11_2_1043::yes_text12: There are better greater profits after dumping Assult weapons. Not supporting NRA Gun Nutters getting arms to the mass shooting, to sell more guns as kids die for the fears they have in their mentally weak minds.

So, please shop at a true MAGA Store in support.

What probably happened is the fellows from Dick's drove the weapons down to the scrapyard, and the guy said sure I'll cube them.

Once the guys from Dick's left, they'd say it would be a waste to destroy the weapons, and sold them on the Black Market.

The ironically named Dick's still sells hunting knives, pistols, shotguns, rifles, bows and arrows.
If you want to kill someone you can still buy a tool to do so at Dick's.

They are pandering.

How come pistols are not considered "assault weapons?" If the media doesn't demonize them, then they are kosher and legal? The same mechanical process is used to launch projectiles from a semi-auto handgun as is used in rifles.

They know this. That is part of the plan. They ban AR-15 rifles using the excuse that they are "dangerous and unusual," and that non-military and police should not have them.....then, they come back later and point out...hey, by the way, other semi-auto rifles, shotguns and pistols are essentially the same thing......and heck, why not throw in revolvers too since they fire one shot per pull of the trigger....so now you have to let us ban those too......

It is all part of the plan....

Sniper Weapons
Saturday Night Specials
Assault weapons
Large Bore Guns

The most common weapon in the United States is the AR 15. Since the left cannot outlaw them, the next time a liberal occupies the White House, they will just use Trump's Bump Stock Ban precedent to outlaw the AR piece by piece:

Folding stocks
Telescoping stocks
Pistol grips
Bayonet lugs
High capacity magazines
Removable sight handle
Flash Hider
Folding sights
Barrels under 20 inches long

If Trump's Bump Stock Ban is not over-turned, the left will outlaw everything on an AR except the lower receiver, then they will demand you turn it in.

Worse than that.......biden and hilary have both talked about repealing the Lawful Commerce in Arms Act which protects gun makers from fake law suits....if they do this, it will open the flood gates of every anti-gun group to sue every gun maker for every shooting.....even if the cases are tossed out in court, the sheer number of them will force the gun makers to bend to whatever the democrats demand...

I'll take my bolt action over any semi auto any day of the week...in any situation.

The ironically named Dick's still sells hunting knives, pistols, shotguns, rifles, bows and arrows.
If you want to kill someone you can still buy a tool to do so at Dick's.

They are pandering.

How come pistols are not considered "assault weapons?" If the media doesn't demonize them, then they are kosher and legal? The same mechanical process is used to launch projectiles from a semi-auto handgun as is used in rifles.

They know this. That is part of the plan. They ban AR-15 rifles using the excuse that they are "dangerous and unusual," and that non-military and police should not have them.....then, they come back later and point out...hey, by the way, other semi-auto rifles, shotguns and pistols are essentially the same thing......and heck, why not throw in revolvers too since they fire one shot per pull of the trigger....so now you have to let us ban those too......

It is all part of the plan....

Sniper Weapons
Saturday Night Specials
Assault weapons
Large Bore Guns

The most common weapon in the United States is the AR 15. Since the left cannot outlaw them, the next time a liberal occupies the White House, they will just use Trump's Bump Stock Ban precedent to outlaw the AR piece by piece:

Folding stocks
Telescoping stocks
Pistol grips
Bayonet lugs
High capacity magazines
Removable sight handle
Flash Hider
Folding sights
Barrels under 20 inches long

If Trump's Bump Stock Ban is not over-turned, the left will outlaw everything on an AR except the lower receiver, then they will demand you turn it in.

Worse than that.......biden and hilary have both talked about repealing the Lawful Commerce in Arms Act which protects gun makers from fake law suits....if they do this, it will open the flood gates of every anti-gun group to sue every gun maker for every shooting.....even if the cases are tossed out in court, the sheer number of them will force the gun makers to bend to whatever the democrats demand...

So, here is the strategy from this point, forward:

Buy everything for your AR 15 from suppliers in the USA. NOTHING foreign should be used. This avoids the Interstate Commerce Clause pretexts the Courts like to bandy about.

Next, build your own weapon. Build up your own receivers and you, as an individual, can (under federal law) build your own firearm. That means the liberals would have to sue as many different manufacturers as there are gun parts in order to get into court.

All gun manufacturers have to do is dissolve their corporation, go to a gun friendly state, reopen under a different entity, and not sell completed weapons.

The CEO of Dick’s Sporting Goods says that after the company made the decision to no longer sell assault-style rifles, more than $5 million worth of the weapons were destroyed.

In an interview with CBS News that aired Sunday, Ed Stack said following the decision last year to stop offering assault-style rifles, the question of what to with the remaining inventory lingered.

"I said, 'You know what? If we really think these things should be off the street, we need to destroy them,'" Stack said, adding that the company turned $5 million worth of the weapons into scrap metal.
View attachment 283384
While Dick’s saw a loss in immediate sales, its stock increased in the year after making the announcement.
View attachment 283386

:11_2_1043::yes_text12: There are better greater profits after dumping Assult weapons. Not supporting NRA Gun Nutters getting arms to the mass shooting, to sell more guns as kids die for the fears they have in their mentally weak minds.

There is not a single assault weapon in the photo. They did NOT destroy $5 million dollars in assault weapons. They did not sell assault weapons, they have never sold assault weapons. They had no assault weapons.

If they destroyed some merchandise, all they have done is make themselves poorer.

That is what happens when you're Dicks.

You people are so ridiculous.

So they didn't use the term semi automatic weapon. Big deal.

They destroyed 5 milion dollars worth of weapons that have no business being in civilian hands. That's a very good thing as far as most Americans are concerned.

If you're one of those who need a penis extender find a different object to do it.

Better yet, get psychological help. Only those who are in the military need a weapon like that.
They have every business being in civilian's hands.

No they don't. And you're in the minority on that one.

The bottom line is that company can do whatever they want with the inventory they own. They bought those weapons. They own those weapons and can do whatever they want with them. You can't do one thing about it.

You know what they're going to do with that 5 million they destroyed? They are going to write it off on their taxes as a loss so in the end, you and all other taxpayers will pay for it. It's classified as a business expense but I wouldn't expect you to understand accounting.

So if you pay taxes you're paying for those weapons to be destroyed. LOL.

Deal with it.
Over 200 million people agree with me and I am in the minority?

That is an incredible statement.

Of course, they can do whatever they wish with their property. What they cannot do is lie about it. They lied to the public about destroying $5 million dollars in assult weapons. They did not do that at all.

BTW, they do. In fact, the citizens have a right to have those weapons in their hands.

When I read a lie I stop reading. So I stopped reading at your first sentence.

You're going to have to provide credible proof of your claim before I believe that.

I just read a USA Today poll that 65% of people want weapons like AR 15 to be banned.

Gratuitously destroying five million dollars worth of valuable company property is an act of malfeasance. This mute donkey ought to be fired, and possibly criminally charged.
I'd like to see the physical proof of this . As it is they'll probably get a write off under some extended Obama edict when they ,in effect , never had the inventory . I hope we have someone not related to Lois Lerner auditing their books at the IRS .

They will write it off but Obama has nothing to do with it.

It's a tax reform from the Reagan years. Anything that's a business expense is deductible. This is part of operating expenses. Totally deductible, Obama had nothing to do with it and there's nothing anyone can do about it.

So you're paying for those weapons to be destroyed. That is if you pay federal taxes. If it's done in a state that has a state income tax, they will deduct it from their state income taxes too.

And there's absolutely nothing anyone can do about it.

It's a tax reform from the Reagan years. Anything that's a business expense is deductible. This is part of operating expenses. Totally deductible, Obama had nothing to do with it and there's nothing anyone can do about it.

So you're paying for those weapons to be destroyed. That is if you pay federal taxes. If it's done in a state that has a state income tax, they will deduct it from their state income taxes too.

So it's not just the stockholders being ripped off, but taxpayers as well.

Gratuitously destroying five million dollars worth of valuable company property is an act of malfeasance. This mute donkey ought to be fired, and possibly criminally charged.

Or they actually sold them on the black market.
I was just thinking the same thing,,,
did anyone see them destroyed or did someone just load them in a truck and say they did???

seems like a fed investigation is in order,,,

IT"S A CONSPIARACY! :abgg2q.jpg:

I'd like to see the physical proof of this . As it is they'll probably get a write off under some extended Obama edict when they ,in effect , never had the inventory . I hope we have someone not related to Lois Lerner auditing their books at the IRS .

Yeah, kind of like Trump writing off a billion dollars in loses in 9 years, and carrying the loss forward for the next decade, in which he paid no taxes.

You dumbass leftists do realize that when these corporate feel-gooders do this shit, they're just giving more opportunity to the local mom & pop gun stores - right?

By all means, continue! I hope every single big-box store stops selling all guns and ammo. The markets they will open up to small-time entrepreneurs will be phenomenal.

View attachment 283384
View attachment 283386

I will never set foot in a dicks ever again.

There is not a single assault weapon in the photo. They did NOT destroy $5 million dollars in assault weapons. They did not sell assault weapons, they have never sold assault weapons. They had no assault weapons.

If they destroyed some merchandise, all they have done is make themselves poorer.

That is what happens when you're Dicks.

You people are so ridiculous.

So they didn't use the term semi automatic weapon. Big deal.

They destroyed 5 milion dollars worth of weapons that have no business being in civilian hands. That's a very good thing as far as most Americans are concerned.

If you're one of those who need a penis extender find a different object to do it.

Better yet, get psychological help. Only those who are in the military need a weapon like that.
They have every business being in civilian's hands.

No they don't. And you're in the minority on that one.

The bottom line is that company can do whatever they want with the inventory they own. They bought those weapons. They own those weapons and can do whatever they want with them. You can't do one thing about it.

You know what they're going to do with that 5 million they destroyed? They are going to write it off on their taxes as a loss so in the end, you and all other taxpayers will pay for it. It's classified as a business expense but I wouldn't expect you to understand accounting.

So if you pay taxes you're paying for those weapons to be destroyed. LOL.

Deal with it.
Over 200 million people agree with me and I am in the minority?

That is an incredible statement.

Of course, they can do whatever they wish with their property. What they cannot do is lie about it. They lied to the public about destroying $5 million dollars in assult weapons. They did not do that at all.

BTW, they do. In fact, the citizens have a right to have those weapons in their hands.

When I read a lie I stop reading. So I stopped reading at your first sentence.

You're going to have to provide credible proof of your claim before I believe that.

I just read a USA Today poll that 65% of people want weapons like AR 15 to be banned.

If you don't like lies, then maybe you should accept the truth. The Right to keep and bear Arms is a preexisting Right that existed before the Constitution was penned. In the Miller decision of 1939, the Court ruled against Miller (a private citizen) on his Right to own a sawed off shotgun. In their ruling, the high Court ruled:

"In the absence of any evidence tending to show that possession or use of a "shotgun having a barrel of less than eighteen inches in length" at this time has some reasonable relationship to the preservation or efficiency of a well regulated militia, we cannot say that the Second Amendment guarantees the right to keep and bear such an instrument. Certainly it is not within judicial notice that this weapon is any part of the ordinary military equipment, or that its use could contribute to the common defense."
United States v. Miller, 307 U.S. 174 (1939)

The AR 15 IS a part of the ordinary military equipment one would expect a citizen to use for the common defense to insure the security of a free state as anticipated by the Second Amendment.

Secondly, America is NOT a democracy. I wouldn't give two hoots in Hell if 99 percent if the public wanted to ban an AR 15, unless you amend the Constitution, you don't have the authority to ban them. Check Article 4 Section 4 of the United States Constitution.

The AR 15, mechanically speaking, works like any other semi-automatic weapon. What you imply is tantamount to saying we should outlaw the Dodge Charger because of the way it attracts young drivers while allowing them to own a Toyota Camry because it isn't a high performance vehicle.

Dicks made a stupid decision guided by emotion rather than logic and reason. They may even get a short term bump in sales because, and I'm envious of this trait, the left fully supports people who make liberal political statements. America has been spared many a battle and nobody really wants to take on a country where the citizenry is as well armed as an invading force could be. That unalienable Right allowed us to grow in peace and become the greatest nation in the annals of history. It has kept the government from becoming a dictatorship - though, admittedly, with 40,000 + plus laws governing firearms, dictators (foreign and domestic) are becoming more and more emboldened by our lack of understanding regarding the principles of Liberty.

Yeah, kind of like Trump writing off a billion dollars in loses in 9 years, and carrying the loss forward for the next decade, in which he paid no taxes.

figures TDS would find its way into this thread,,,

You dumbass leftists do realize that when these corporate feel-gooders do this shit, they're just giving more opportunity to the local mom & pop gun stores - right?

By all means, continue! I hope every single big-box store stops selling all guns and ammo. The markets they will open up to small-time entrepreneurs will be phenomenal.

Sat, we don't expect you to understand this, because lack of compassion is the defining characteristic of Republicans. Dick destroyed the guns because he did not want a mass murderer to have used one of his guns. It was a matter of conscience.

The stockholders won't lose a penny.

The taxpayers of the nation are the ones who are going to pay for this since the company will write the whole thing off as a loss. Which is tax deductible.

I don't mind. It think it's more important to get those weapons off our streets and out of the hands of crazy people.

I'm sure you do mind though. Which is too bad for you.

Deal with it.

Yes much like that.

The stockholders won't lose a penny.

The taxpayers of the nation are the ones who are going to pay for this since the company will write the whole thing off as a loss. Which is tax deductible.

I don't mind. It think it's more important to get those weapons off our streets and out of the hands of crazy people.

I'm sure you do mind though. Which is too bad for you.

Deal with it.
This stunt didn't reduce the number of guns on the street by one weapon.

Anyone in the market for a gun didn't change their mind because Dick's pulled this stunt. They simply purchased elsewhere.

How can anyone not admire a president who pays no taxes, who lies to get out of the military, who has a 5th grade vocabulary, who is a narcissist with a Jesus complex, who is a pathological liar, who's education is so thin that he talks about colonials storming airports and laying siege to Ft. McHenry in the wrong war, who's businesses fail on a regular basis, who fails to deliver on any of his promises, including locking up Hillary, not playing golf while president, building a wall, stopping Chicago crime, and deporting 12 million illegal aliens in 2 years, whose entire cabinet has turned over in 2 years, with indictments and convictions galore, who asked foreign nations to interfere in our elections, who has increased the national debt in 3 years more than any previous president in their entire term?

How can anyone not admire a president who pays no taxes, who lies to get out of the military, who has a 5th grade vocabulary, who is a narcissist with a Jesus complex, who is a pathological liar, who's education is so thin that he talks about colonials storming airports and laying siege to Ft. McHenry in the wrong war, who's businesses fail on a regular basis, who fails to deliver on any of his promises, including locking up Hillary, not playing golf while president, building a wall, stopping Chicago crime, and deporting 12 million illegal aliens in 2 years, whose entire cabinet has turned over in 2 years, with indictments and convictions galore, who asked foreign nations to interfere in our elections, who has increased the national debt in 3 years more than any previous president in their entire term?

man that TDS is sure in the air today,,,

Forum List

Back