MAGA: Dick's CEO says company destroyed $5M worth of assault rifles. Wanting to make streets safer!

Baz Ares

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2017
The CEO of Dick’s Sporting Goods says that after the company made the decision to no longer sell assault-style rifles, more than $5 million worth of the weapons were destroyed.

In an interview with CBS News that aired Sunday, Ed Stack said following the decision last year to stop offering assault-style rifles, the question of what to with the remaining inventory lingered.

"I said, 'You know what? If we really think these things should be off the street, we need to destroy them,'" Stack said, adding that the company turned $5 million worth of the weapons into scrap metal.
upload_2019-10-7_16-2-1.png

While Dick’s saw a loss in immediate sales, its stock increased in the year after making the announcement.
upload_2019-10-7_16-5-4.png

Dick's CEO says company destroyed $5M worth of assault rifles

:11_2_1043::yes_text12: There are better greater profits after dumping Assult weapons. Not supporting NRA Gun Nutters getting arms to the mass shooting, to sell more guns as kids die for the fears they have in their mentally weak minds.

So, please shop at a true MAGA Store in support.

Last edited:
The CEO of Dick’s Sporting Goods says that after the company made the decision to no longer sell assault-style rifles, more than $5 million worth of the weapons were destroyed.

In an interview with CBS News that aired Sunday, Ed Stack said following the decision last year to stop offering assault-style rifles, the question of what to with the remaining inventory lingered.

"I said, 'You know what? If we really think these things should be off the street, we need to destroy them,'" Stack said, adding that the company turned $5 million worth of the weapons into scrap metal.
View attachment 283384
While Dick’s saw a loss in immediate sales, its stock increased in the year after making the announcement.
View attachment 283386

:11_2_1043::yes_text12: There are better greater profits after dumping Assult weapons. Not supporting NRA Gun Nutters getting arms to the mass shooting, to sell more guns as kids die for the fears they have in their mentally weak minds.

Stupid is as stupid does.

OP troll, what about 1 or 200 other kinds of rifles that do the same thing?

Last edited:
Gratuitously destroying five million dollars worth of valuable company property is an act of malfeasance. This mute donkey ought to be fired, and possibly criminally charged.
I'd bet the stocks going up claim is a lie. This OP is an America hating pos.

View attachment 283384
View attachment 283386

he seems to be to stupid to know they didnt quit making them after they made his,,,and the manufactures must love him since now they can make 5 million dollars more money

View attachment 283384
View attachment 283386

If I owned their stock I'd want the asshole gone. But if they're a private company, I'd just not shop there anymore if I were opposed.
For the same sort of reason, I still will not shop at REI. When I learned that they supported the roadless initiative, I as an avid off roader felt it would be stupid of me to shop at REI. It would be like shooting my on foot off.

Gratuitously destroying five million dollars worth of valuable company property is an act of malfeasance. This mute donkey ought to be fired, and possibly criminally charged.

Or they actually sold them on the black market.

• Banned

View attachment 283384
View attachment 283386

If I owned their stock I'd want the asshole gone. But if they're a private company, I'd just not shop there anymore if I were opposed.
For the same sort of reason, I still will not shop at REI. When I learned that they supported the roadless initiative, I as an avid off roader felt it would be stupid of me to shop at REI. It would be like shooting my on foot off.
LOL..

In 2008 Dubya killed the stock price to like 8 bucks.

Obama got the stock at 8 went up to 56 buck

The Great Douche makes that stock high, But the lowest it went wast like 38 bucks.
Now it up to 37 bucks.
Another Great Douche failure clearly.
upload_2019-10-7_16-32-56.png

View attachment 283384
View attachment 283386

LOL..

In 2008 Dubya killed the stock to like 8 bucks.

Obama got the stock 56 buck

The Great Douche make that stock high, But the lowest it went wast like 38 bucks.
Now it up to 37 bucks.
Another Great Douche failure clearly.
View attachment 283396
Fake news. Watch for martial law traitor.

Or they actually sold them on the black market.
I was just thinking the same thing,,,
did anyone see them destroyed or did someone just load them in a truck and say they did???

seems like a fed investigation is in order,,,

View attachment 283384
View attachment 283386

1. dicks has lost customers
2. they went retard political
3. those rifles killed less than hands did,
Table 20

Company's destroy merchandise all the time to save company reputation.

Burberry says it won’t destroy unsold merch anymore. But plenty of other fashion brands still do.
An expert explains why Burberry, H&M, Nike, and Urban Outfitters destroy unsold merch — and what it says about consumer culture.

---
Destroying these guns. Makes sure 100% NRA crazy Gun Nutter's terrorists don't sell them to NRA Sponsored mass shooter members. It safer legally and cost-wise to destroy them under there control.

Burberry says it won’t destroy unsold merch anymore. But plenty of other fashion brands still do.
An expert explains why Burberry, H&M, Nike, and Urban Outfitters destroy unsold merch — and what it says about consumer culture.

---
Destroying these guns. Makes sure 100% NRA crazy Gun Nutter's terrorists don't sell them to NRA Sponsored mass shooter members. It safer legally and cost-wise to destroy them under there control.
Fake news, liar. What about the jillion other seni auto rifles that aren't AR's?

---

1. Show me a one NRA member who was a mass shooter.

2. The gun mfgs made money off those guns destroyed, and anyone who wanted to purchase one did so at another retailer. They didn't lower the number of "assault rifles" on the streets by a single gun.

---

Liberals are lacking logic. If Dick's wanted to make a statement, they would have donated the firearms to state militias, police departments, etc. instead of destroying them.

Ditto for other products. I see stores throw away food, clothes, and other valuable items while the poor and elderly have to choose between eating buying their medicine.

The mentality of the liberals is that liberalism is a mental disorder.

---

Liberals are lacking logic. If Dick's wanted to make a statement, they would have donated the firearms to state militias, police departments, etc. instead of destroying them.

Ditto for other products. I see stores throw away food, clothes, and other valuable items while the poor and elderly have to choose between eating buying their medicine.

The mentality of the liberals is that liberalism is a mental disorder.

Most state militias are mentally weak fearful moron loser Gun Nutter's in smelly man cave clubs. The worst in American NRA Gun Nutters. As we have a standing army, FFS! What mental gun Mastrubating Losers they are.
They can't beat them with what they can buy, and the drones will take them out. They are sick mentally and need mental therapy help.
Police departments are fully armed now. And should be reduced in arms as over-armed.

Not providing Assult guns to the public is the best thing Real Rational Americans can do.
It a PUBLIC safety issue.
Today's public needs no more than Simple revolvers, single-shot rifles or pump shotguns.
Let the Nutters play weak-minded Video games to use more powerful guns. Or join the army
and play in restricted areas. Where assault weapons stay. As the army folks can take you out if you leave with these guns.

Last edited:
That's nothing. Obama's idiotic "cash for Clunkers" program literally destroyed 690,114 usable automobiles. If you estimated each vehicle to be worth only $1,000, that would be 690 million dollars worth of perfectly good vehicles taken out of circulation. 690,114 perfectly good automobiles and trucks that could have been used by low-income drivers.

Those that were turned in, had to be completely destroyed by draining the oil, filling the crankcase full of sodium silicate, then running them until they locked up. The parts couldn't even be salvaged from them, as they had to be turned into scrap metal, much of which was sold to China.

Fuckobama.

Forum List

Back