MAGA: Dick's CEO says company destroyed $5M worth of assault rifles. Wanting to make streets safer!

The CEO of Dick’s Sporting Goods says that after the company made the decision to no longer sell assault-style rifles, more than $5 million worth of the weapons were destroyed.

In an interview with CBS News that aired Sunday, Ed Stack said following the decision last year to stop offering assault-style rifles, the question of what to with the remaining inventory lingered.

"I said, 'You know what? If we really think these things should be off the street, we need to destroy them,'" Stack said, adding that the company turned $5 million worth of the weapons into scrap metal.
View attachment 283384
While Dick’s saw a loss in immediate sales, its stock increased in the year after making the announcement.
View attachment 283386
Dick's CEO says company destroyed $5M worth of assault rifles

:11_2_1043::yes_text12: There are better greater profits after dumping Assult weapons. Not supporting NRA Gun Nutters getting arms to the mass shooting, to sell more guns as kids die for the fears they have in their mentally weak minds.

So, please shop at a true MAGA Store in support.

That is fantastic news.

Congratulations for Dick's doing the right thing. I've never shopped there but think I will give them a try now.
Oh sure you will. Just like the NFL badly damaged themselves to virtue-signal to folks that aren't even football fans.

ANTI-GUN SENTIMENT SHRINKS DICK’S: Dick’s CEO Says Anti-Gun Policy Shrank Company by a ‘Quarter Billion Dollars.’

So called "assault rifles" have been controversial for years so Dicks sporting goods corporate decisions seem rather incoherent. Personally I'd sell any stock I had before the whole place goes under.

Forum List

Back