Space -Weather outlook looking bad to very severe over next few days

luiza

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2022
This morning's three minute video showing massive sun spot activity , 6 X Class Solar Flares and all likely to produce CMEs
Heading to us--- starting now , and over next 2-3 days with the full results over 4-5 days .
Looks potentially quite serious .

So much for pansy man made warming and climate change .

This one is Tick Tock away . Not Crick Crock .

• Geomagnetic storms are not dangerous to our human bodies on Earth’s surface. But they can affect some earthly technologies, such as power grids, communications and satellites in orbit around Earth.

this is why my ears are always ringing...... :rolleyes: ~S~

• Banned
Geomagnetic storms are not dangerous to our human bodies on Earth’s surface. But they can affect some earthly technologies, such as power grids, communications and satellites in orbit around Earth.
this is why my ears are always ringing...... :rolleyes: ~S~

---- and why your hair felll out .

The author is as sober and careful as anybody you will meet . so his understated high probability concern is more than interesting .

At a low level I dispute that electro magnetic storms do not affect us . We are just one huge vibrating dollop of energy and responsive to vibrations and frequency .

But the effects on the grid are exponentially more severe . A super high event could put us back to the stone age -- as bad as Ukey Land is trying for , all by itself right now .

:cool:

But the effects on the grid are exponentially more severe
I could bore you to tears going on about how vulnerable our severely antiquated grid is, especially in the northeast 'Lu

but i digress, the price of poker just went up.......

~S~

This morning's three minute video showing massive sun spot activity , 6 X Class Solar Flares and all likely to produce CMEs
Heading to us--- starting now , and over next 2-3 days with the full results over 4-5 days .
Looks potentially quite serious .

So much for pansy man made warming and climate change .

This one is Tick Tock away . Not Crick Crock .

Last night I saw the "Northern Lights" for the first time. I live in Alabama. It was cool as fuck.

System administrators here - Aotearoa - have shut down high tension lines they feel will be vulnerable. Had no problems so far.

It’s a sign of what’s to come.

Our magnetic field is weakening. This makes us more susceptible to the suns flares and CMEs. Some experts believe it’s only a matter of time before a really big event on the sun (Micronova) hits us and takes out the electrical grid and satellites.

• Banned
System administrators here - Aotearoa - have shut down high tension lines they feel will be vulnerable. Had no problems so far.
Keep checking and reporting .
Have wrapped my nose in tin foil to preserve its ultra sensitivity and am drawing pentagrams in every room to keep out the Elementals .
But how do you ground electro magnetic strikes ?

Don't wear rubber soles?
How deadfully common !!
But I thought that remedy was for electric current shocks .
Does it cover electro magnetic bombardment ?

On the brighter side

The combination of enhanced activity from the sun reaching Earth and clear skies would improve the chances of seeing the aurora display in the UK. Photograph: UK Met Office

The combination of enhanced activity from the sun reaching Earth and clear skies would improve the chances of seeing the aurora display in the UK.
A strong solar storm headed towards Earth could allow parts of the UK the chance to see the Northern lights this weekend.

The Met Office said space weather experts had issued a rare severe geomagnetic storm (G4) warning for this weekend, the first in nearly 20 years.

The storm, caused by powerful eruptions known as coronal mass ejections, could trigger spectacular displays of aurora. They could be visible across Scotland, Northern Ireland and parts of northern England and Wales, the Met Office said.

But not effing Sussex . Bastardo .

Oh Dear .Today's summary
Not good .

And what will Earth decide to do with all of the extra energy ?
We will doubtless find out in the next few days.

Be Safe . No Fear .
Not much .

I'm hoping they're still visible tonight in southern Michigan. It's been cloudy Friday and Saturday nite. They're saying partly cloudy tonight. I've seen them a couple times here. Looks like a shimmering green curtain

And cars already are a Faraday cage to quite an extent. Depending on materials.

Forum List

Back