MAGA! Atlanta FED boosts 2nd quarter GDP forecast,TRIPLE the growth under Obama

The 'deficit' now is much less than it's averaged over the previous two presidential terms--
deficit09.png

--and even then it never even topped $1.4T.

That's not triple of what Obama did when he was president.

Here's our GDP by year. What one quarter does is averaged into the year.

We need to wait until the full year is over for what it will be for 2018.

However Obama had it at 4.56% in 2010. He had it at 4.32% in 2013, 4.33% in 2014.

Even though Obama was handed negative .92% growth by the bush boy at the end of 2008. By the end of 2010 Obama had it in a positive number and climbed it.

US GDP Growth Rate by Year

So trump is just continuing what Obama handed him. But taking credit for all of it.

However Obama had it at 4.56% in 2010. He had it at 4.32% in 2013, 4.33% in 2014.

Even though Obama was handed negative .92% growth by the bush boy at the end of 2008. By the end of 2010 Obama had it in a positive number and climbed it.

So trump is just continuing what Obama handed him. But taking credit for all of it.
Really

Did Obama never have a whole year of 3% economic growth?

Obama never had over 3.0% growth for an entire year. Your statistics are bullshit.

gdpx-20161207az-us-gdp-by-quarter-2010-2016*xx.jpg

Last edited:
Obama never had over 3.0% growth for an entire year.

Thats wrong.

Obama never had a calendar year 3+% growth, but he did have a full continious year of 3+% GDP growth: 3.7%

2014 Q2 - 4.6%
2014 Q3 - 5.2%
2014 Q4 - 2.0%
2015 Q1 - 3.2%

Yeah, I'm not seeing that 3% GDP, during the Obama years, on your chart there Champ.
united-states-gdp-growth.png
Me neither. Course, Obama was president for 8 years.

FACT CHECK: Trump Claims GDP Never Hit 3% Under Obama

Although the economy never reached annual growth of 3 percent under Obama, quarterly growth did surpass 3 percent eight times during his presidency. The highest growth recorded was 5.2 percent in the third quarter of 2014.

----------

Wow, under Obama it even went up to 5.2%? I didn't know that.

Yeah, I'm not seeing that 3% GDP, during the Obama years, on your chart there Champ.
united-states-gdp-growth.png
Me neither. Course, Obama was president for 8 years.

FACT CHECK: Trump Claims GDP Never Hit 3% Under Obama

Although the economy never reached annual growth of 3 percent under Obama, quarterly growth did surpass 3 percent eight times during his presidency. The highest growth recorded was 5.2 percent in the third quarter of 2014.

----------

Wow, under Obama it even went up to 5.2%? I didn't know that.

Certainly suggests some really sucky quarters would be required to offset the 5.2%.

Obama never had over 3.0% growth for an entire year.

Thats wrong.

Obama never had a calendar year 3+% growth, but he did have a full continious year of 3+% GDP growth: 3.7%

2014 Q2 - 4.6%
2014 Q3 - 5.2%
2014 Q4 - 2.0%
2015 Q1 - 3.2%

It's very convenient to say a president didn't have a certain growth for the whole year.

Growth increases and decreases depending on many factors.

One quarter you'll have great growth. The next not so great.

The way it's usually measured is an average of the 4 quarters. That's for all presidents. Not just those people like.

The truth is that Obama was handed negative growth. He turned it around so now trump has the benefit of Obama's work.

Growth for the year 2010 was 4.56%. In fact Obama had 7 years of growth above 3%. The only time growth was below 3% was the horrible mess of our economy that the bush boy handed to him in 2009. It took Obama 1 year to turn it around.

All that's happening now is a continuation of what Obama started.

I'm curious to see how things are going to be in a year or two after the full effect of the trade war and those irresponsible tax cuts hit the economy.

That will be the real test and outcome of the changes trump and republicans have made to our economy. Those changes don't happen over night. It takes time for their full effect to be seen in the economy.

Forum List

Back