Madrassas in our public schools

are you that stupid?. Christians are persecuted, beaten, raped, murdered all over the world, and your going to compare that to a few idiots in america, when the vast 95% majority of americans, are tolerant. My god, youre an idiot. Is that the best you got, the bigotry card, why am i wasting my breath on a liberal nitwit like you.

Incorrect. How many Muslims in the US get harassed/beaten/killed because they are Muslim? How many Christians/Jews get harassed/beaten/killed because they are Christian?

Really? Please provide a link to these "130 million muslims who want to kill us". Bet you can't find one. Because its a bald faced lie.

Yay for bigotry.

Most of the world thinks that a very Christian nation is very much a global threat.

As opposed to Christianity which has a very peaceful past, right?

Yes, it is bigoted. You are taking the fact that it happens within SOME prayer groups to assume it happens within ALL Muslim prayer groups. That is pretty much the definition of bigotry.

me: I should not monitor all mosques to prevent a terrorist attack, because you believe its some, when you have no proof, its not a majority, wow, i guess innocent americans should eventually die, which they will because you, mr muslim apologist, dont want to hurt any muslims feelings, your an idiot.

We have a problem with that in the US? Really? Please cite evidence.

me: are you seriously that retarded, we have terror cells in america, i know of one broken up in america, you think we have no terror cells in america, pull your head out of your ass. You are a fucking retard. Why am i even wasting my time, with an idiot, who doesnt even know what the truth is?

Its called freedom of religion. Since when? Since 1776. Its always been the case, although its a fine line. No, actually the ACLU has never said that religion needs to be done in a private setting. Rather its point is that it should not be done in a government setting.

me: gain, the aclu, will fight anything christian, and nothing, islamic. Aclu are pussies. Any cleric preaching hate, should be jailed and deported, im not allowing terrorism.

Incorrect. Nuanced because this is different than the Christian issue. Nuanced because to people who actually care about details, there is a difference between the two things. You want to paint everyone with a broad brush and then cry and whine when we call you on it because you do it incorrectly.

me: I believe their are no moderate muslims, disagree, whatever :p

Way to over-simplify this.

I have no idea. I was posting a hypothetical.

me: are you on crack?

me: oh, your talking about him, fine.

me: what is it with you and the positive negative crap, prove your point, dork.

No, I was wowing over your inability to understand why I can't/won't prove a negative.

And hence it is stupid, and bigotted to assume that all Muslims are fundamentalists or that wherever there is Muslim prayer going on, there are fundamentalists.

me: a liberals first resort is to name call, which is why i think youre an idiot, and the facts say: do muslims speak up when a danish cartoon offends them yes?, do they after a terrorist attack, not much. Therefore i conclude, there are no moderate muslims, ive heard ex muslims say the same thing, but since you have no argument, and your such a dumb fuck, you can only call me a racist, Fuck You

Who is trying to disprove it? I agree with it. But SOME does not equal ALL.

Why are you trying to prove something that nobody is arguing? Nobody said it never happens, just that it does not always happen.

The large large majority of Muslims in the US are moderate.

me: I told you already, moderate muslims is a misnomer, muslims who practice what islam says, are the ones who are jihadists, the jihadists can quote me over 130 quotes from the koran, and ever since the koran started till now, it has been about murder and hate, not peace, atleast christianity grew up over the last 1000 years.

And they have committed what acts of violence exactly?

me: we will have terrorists attack, its not a matter of if but when.

Unsupervised? Why are you assuming its unsupervised? And besides that, for the millionth time, there is a big difference between moderates and fundamentalists. Oh and SOME does not equal ALL. Pretty simple stuff here.

Me: yeah there is a big difference, a moderate muslims doesnt actually read and follow what the koran actually says, and is not a true muslim, while a true muslim is fundamentalist by nature. There is no fundamentalist islam because islam is fundamentalist. Just look how those barbarians treat women and non-muslims all over the world, just cause some muslims come to america, and decide to become like americans, doesnt prove your point.

are you that stupid?. Christians are persecuted, beaten, raped, murdered all over the world, and your going to compare that to a few idiots in america, when the vast 95% majority of americans, are tolerant. My god, youre an idiot. Is that the best you got, the bigotry card, why am i wasting my breath on a liberal nitwit like you.

Please, tell me where are these places where Christians are persecuted, beaten, raped, and murdered.

I bet that its not over 5% of the worlds population.

Me: yeah there is a big difference, a moderate muslims doesnt actually read and follow what the koran actually says, and is not a true muslim, while a true muslim is fundamentalist by nature.

Incorrect. You obviously have no idea what you are talking about.

There is no fundamentalist islam because islam is fundamentalist. Just look how those barbarians treat women and non-muslims all over the world, just cause some muslims come to america, and decide to become like americans, doesnt prove your point.

Considering we are talking about an AMERICAN school, actually it does prove my point.

Larkinn said:
Yes, it is bigoted. You are taking the fact that it happens within SOME prayer groups to assume it happens within ALL Muslim prayer groups. That is pretty much the definition of bigotry.
Well just excuse the hell out of me for not being all PC and trusting like you liberals. Islam is a religion which calls for the domination of all others and you idiotic liberals want to give them respect and sensitivity while their true believers are committing acts of barbarism all over the world. You idiotic libs still think it is a religion of peace and you'll even welcome it into the very midst of our school children even as their religion of peace kills children in pursuit of their religious domination. Calling me a bigot is only based on your stupidity and misplaced idealism.

Larkinn said:
We have a problem with that in the US? Really? Please cite evidence.
I guess Chertoff is having a stomach ache over nothing?

Larkinn said:
Its called freedom of religion. Since when? Since 1776. Its always been the case, although its a fine line. No, actually the ACLU has never said that religion needs to be done in a private setting. Rather its point is that it should not be done in a government setting.
I get a kick out of it when a liberal speaks up for freedom of religion in the course of their twisted arguments. Actually I'm glad you agree that we should have freedom of religion in the public square. However your liberal friends are not so accommodating. I don't see any Christian prayer in public schools, mucho gracias to the ACLU. Have you forgotten all about that thing called separation of church and state? If the ACLU is against religion in a government setting why aren't they immediately against Muslim prayers in government schools instead of studying the issue? What are they - stupid?

Larkinn said:
Incorrect. Nuanced because this is different than the Christian issue. Nuanced because to people who actually care about details, there is a difference between the two things. You want to paint everyone with a broad brush and then cry and whine when we call you on it because you do it incorrectly.
Exactly how is Muslim prayer in the schools different than the "Christian issue" of prayer in the schools? And please don't give me that "requirement" crap.

Larkinn said:
And hence it is stupid, and bigotted to assume that all Muslims are fundamentalists or that wherever there is Muslim prayer going on, there are fundamentalists.
Is it stupid and bigoted to assume that some may be fundamentalists? It only takes a few to kill you.

Larkinn said:
Who is trying to disprove it? I agree with it. But SOME does not equal ALL.
It only took a few muslims to bring down the twin towers.

Larkinn said:
Why are you trying to prove something that nobody is arguing? Nobody said it never happens, just that it does not always happen.
Glad you accept the facts. So why are you so upset that I don't like budding madrassas in our public schools? Are you not worried because it "does not always happen"? That's pretty uncaring of you for being a liberal. If even one of our children was hurt or killed due to muslim activity within our public schools I would be extremely upset.

Larkinn said:
The large large majority of Muslims in the US are moderate.
That's what you think. How come so many are silent when bad things happen?

Larkinn said:
And they have committed what acts of violence exactly?
Don't you ever read the news? The U.S. has had many random acts of muslim violence although the liberal news pretty much ignores them. Europe has much more muslim violence.

Larkinn said:
Unsupervised? Why are you assuming its unsupervised? And besides that, for the millionth time, there is a big difference between moderates and fundamentalists. Oh and SOME does not equal ALL. Pretty simple stuff here.
I don't see where a bonafide school official is monitoring the religious activity. Being a religious activity it is separate and apart from school stuff.

Larkinn said:
We wouldn't let go of it because you wouldn't admit it.
Pretty insignificant argument in my opinion.

Larkinn said:
If you have some reason to think that something other than prayer is taking place, please provide the evidence. Otherwise, without evidence, we are forced to conclude that you are most likely incorrect.
Wahhabi penetration of US mainstream Islamic institutions is substantial. A 2005 Freedom House Report examined over 200 books and other publications distributed in 15 prominent Saudi-funded American mosques. One such publication, bearing the imprint of the Saudi embassy and distributed by the King Fahd Mosque in Los Angeles, contained the following injunctions for Muslims living in America:

Be dissociated from the infidels, hate them for their religion, leave them, never rely on them for support, do not admire them, and always oppose them in every way according to Islamic law.

[W]hoever helps unbelievers against Muslims, regardless of what type of support he lends to them, he is an unbeliever himself.

Never greet the Christian or Jew first. Never congratulate the infidel on his holiday. Never befriend an infidel unless it is to convert him. Never imitate the infidel. Never work for an infidel. Do not wear a graduation gown because this imitates the infidel.[23]

Although Saudi-funded religious institutions have been careful not to incite or explicitly endorse violence since 9/11, they unapologetically promote distrust toward non-Muslims and self-segregation. In effect, they are trying to reproduce in America the kind of social conditions that have fueled radicalization and terrorist recruitment in Europe.

http://www.mideastmonitor.org/issues/0705/0705_2.htm

Larkinn said:
Its not a "Muslim prayer meeting". Its 15 minutes of SILENT prayer. Other students are present during it, as is a teacher.
As I said before we really don't know for sure. Also, this is just the start of a budding madrassa which could develop later into more. This is a muslim gathering WITHIN the school, not OF the school, meaning the school has no real control over the content of this religious activity.

Larkinn said:
Yours seems to be broken.
How so?

Larkinn said:
Really? We are at war with Saudi Arabia? How about Pakistan?

Oh and as for the "why beg for trouble" its called civil rights, freedom of religion, and that pesky little document called the Constitution. We know you wouldn't mind shitting on it, but some of actually respect it.
You wouldn't recognize an enemy if he bit you on the ass.

Larkinn said:
Logical and factual arguments like how I should prove the negative? Or maybe how the ACLU hasn't put out a statement about Carver?
Still stuck on that insignificant point? And wow, finding that link was really impressive and blew my argument completely out of the water. Not.

Well just excuse the hell out of me for not being all PC and trusting like you liberals. Islam is a religion which calls for the domination of all others and you idiotic liberals want to give them respect and sensitivity while their true believers are committing acts of barbarism all over the world. You idiotic libs still think it is a religion of peace and you'll even welcome it into the very midst of our school children even as their religion of peace kills children in pursuit of their religious domination. Calling me a bigot is only based on your stupidity and misplaced idealism.

No, I think its a religion that people interpret in different ways. And the large, large, large majority of Muslims in this world do not commit acts of violence. Same for Muslims in the United States.

I guess Chertoff is having a stomach ache over nothing?

He is having a problem with individuals outside the US coming in here and committing crimes. Not US citizens.

I get a kick out of it when a liberal speaks up for freedom of religion in the course of their twisted arguments. Actually I'm glad you agree that we should have freedom of religion in the public square. However your liberal friends are not so accommodating. I don't see any Christian prayer in public schools, mucho gracias to the ACLU. Have you forgotten all about that thing called separation of church and state? If the ACLU is against religion in a government setting why aren't they immediately against Muslim prayers in government schools instead of studying the issue? What are they - stupid?

*sigh*

I explained to you what the difference was.

Exactly how is Muslim prayer in the schools different than the "Christian issue" of prayer in the schools? And please don't give me that "requirement" crap.

Requirement crap? Thats the difference. You don't seem to see it as important. The ACLU, The USSC, and most legal scholars disagree.

Is it stupid and bigoted to assume that some may be fundamentalists? It only takes a few to kill you.

It is stupid and bigoted to assume that ALL are fundamentalists.

It only took a few muslims to bring down the twin towers.

Actually it took around 10, working in connection with a bunch of others around the world. Which is why we invaded Iraq, right?

Glad you accept the facts. So why are you so upset that I don't like budding madrassas in our public schools? Are you not worried because it "does not always happen"? That's pretty uncaring of you for being a liberal. If even one of our children was hurt or killed due to muslim activity within our public schools I would be extremely upset.

Its NOT a "budding Madrassa". The prayer is SILENT. And I'm not worried because I don't judge people based on their religion.

That's what you think. How come so many are silent when bad things happen?

What do you expect them to do, protest on the streets against 9/11? They are not obliged to show their grief nor their views so that you can be reassured.

Don't you ever read the news? The U.S. has had many random acts of muslim violence although the liberal news pretty much ignores them. Europe has much more muslim violence.

Yes, I read the news. Really? Then quote some of them.

I don't see where a bonafide school official is monitoring the religious activity. Being a religious activity it is separate and apart from school stuff.

No, it is NOT separate and apart from "school stuff". During the school day there is a 15 minute break for silent prayer.

Pretty insignificant argument in my opinion.

Well your opinions haven't exactly shown themselves to be stellar.

Wahhabi penetration of US mainstream Islamic institutions is substantial. A 2005 Freedom House Report examined over 200 books and other publications distributed in 15 prominent Saudi-funded American mosques. One such publication, bearing the imprint of the Saudi embassy and distributed by the King Fahd Mosque in Los Angeles, contained the following injunctions for Muslims living in America:

Be dissociated from the infidels, hate them for their religion, leave them, never rely on them for support, do not admire them, and always oppose them in every way according to Islamic law.

[W]hoever helps unbelievers against Muslims, regardless of what type of support he lends to them, he is an unbeliever himself.

Never greet the Christian or Jew first. Never congratulate the infidel on his holiday. Never befriend an infidel unless it is to convert him. Never imitate the infidel. Never work for an infidel. Do not wear a graduation gown because this imitates the infidel.[23]

Although Saudi-funded religious institutions have been careful not to incite or explicitly endorse violence since 9/11, they unapologetically promote distrust toward non-Muslims and self-segregation. In effect, they are trying to reproduce in America the kind of social conditions that have fueled radicalization and terrorist recruitment in Europe.

http://www.mideastmonitor.org/issues/0705/0705_2.htm

So you found one such publication and you think thats substantial? Alrighty then.

As I said before we really don't know for sure. Also, this is just the start of a budding madrassa which could develop later into more. This is a muslim gathering WITHIN the school, not OF the school, meaning the school has no real control over the content of this religious activity.

No, actually its of the school. The teachers are there, it is during the school day. The "religious activity" is confined to 15 minutes of silent prayer. If it wasn't you wouldn't have to whine about how the ACLU is doing nothing.

Still stuck on that insignificant point? And wow, finding that link was really impressive and blew my argument completely out of the water. Not.

I never claimed that it "blew your argument out of the water". Well it does blow one argument out of the water. Not the one about Muslims (which is sort of just obviously false), but this statement " Your liberal feelings are of no concern to me and certainly don't hold water against my logical and factual arguments.". When you've already had two "facts" disproven in a short period of time, don't claim to be so logical and factual. It just shows how blind you really are.

Larkinn said:
No, I think its a religion that people interpret in different ways. And the large, large, large majority of Muslims in this world do not commit acts of violence. Same for Muslims in the United States.
Wahabbism is spreading and infecting large groups of Muslims including those in the U.S. I do not see a stronger antidote in the making to counteract this infection, do you?

Larkinn said:
He is having a problem with individuals outside the US coming in here and committing crimes. Not US citizens.
Yes, all those illegal immigrants who you libs consider to BE undocumented U.S. citizens and who you think should be able to enter the U.S. at will.

Larkinn said:
Requirement crap? Thats the difference. You don't seem to see it as important. The ACLU, The USSC, and most legal scholars disagree.
If a religion required that their religious activity be performed every hour on the hour, would you also have our schools accommodate for that? What if a religion required that all students be separated by gender in separate classrooms? Would you also accommodate them on that issue as well? What if a religion required that they eat steak and lobster for lunch every day? Would you require the schools to pony up the expensive lunches? What about foot baths in all schools? How about burkas for girls?

Do you now get why I object to any religion's "requirements"? This is nothing more than setting up a slippery slope down the path to disaster and disruption, something the leftists would not mind seeing happen.

Larkinn said:
It is stupid and bigoted to assume that ALL are fundamentalists.
Not all are, but there are enough to cause concern. Did you know that according to a recent Pew Research that about 25% of American Muslims either support Al-Qaeda or are ambivalent about terrorists? Did you know that about half of them consider themselves as Muslims first and Americans second? Did you know that many of the younger Muslims don't have a problem with violence in the name of Islam?
http://pewresearch.org/assets/pdf/muslim-americans.pdf

Larkinn said:
Actually it took around 10, working in connection with a bunch of others around the world. Which is why we invaded Iraq, right?
Seems to be working for the last 6 years.

Larkinn said:
Its NOT a "budding Madrassa". The prayer is SILENT. And I'm not worried because I don't judge people based on their religion.
Ah, a SILENT madrassa. Ever hear the expression of getting one's foot in the door?

Larkinn said:
What do you expect them to do, protest on the streets against 9/11? They are not obliged to show their grief nor their views so that you can be reassured.
Yes, I would love to see demonstrations of moderate muslim solidarity with America against radical Islam. It'd be nice if just the leaders voiced their concern loud and clear. But we don't get much of that, do we? However, when some cartoons appeared to insult Mohammed, the muslim protests were heard LOUDLY around the world.

Larkinn said:
Yes, I read the news. Really? Then quote some of them.
Here's a few. You can look up others although it may be hard to find them since the liberal media tends to downplay such Un-PC stories.
http://www.hyscience.com/archives/2006/07/muslim_in_seatt_1.php
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/05/08/us/08cnd-dix.html?ex=1184817600&en=4e4005372e8871c4&ei=5070
http://www.iris.org.il/blog/archives/2376-Bigger-than-911-Muslim-Attack-on-Kennedy-Foiled.html
http://www.debbieschlussel.com/archives/2007/05/when_your_docto.html
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4158/is_20061202/ai_n16891440

Larkinn said:
No, it is NOT separate and apart from "school stuff". During the school day there is a 15 minute break for silent prayer.
The muslims get their own room in which to pray by themselves. Oh, make that two rooms, one for the boys and one for the girls. The non-muslims go somewhere else. I'd say that is quite a separation from normal school activities.

Larkinn said:
No, actually its of the school. The teachers are there, it is during the school day. The "religious activity" is confined to 15 minutes of silent prayer. If it wasn't you wouldn't have to whine about how the ACLU is doing nothing.
The 15 minutes has nothing to do with the regular school activities except that it happens on school government property and interrupts normal school activities. Why are Christians not allowed to have their separate rooms and times for Christian prayer and Bible study too? Oh, that's right. The ACLU says we must have "separation of church and state"…but I guess they make exceptions for Muslims, the PC religion of choice.

Larkinn said:
I never claimed that it "blew your argument out of the water". Well it does blow one argument out of the water. Not the one about Muslims (which is sort of just obviously false), but this statement " Your liberal feelings are of no concern to me and certainly don't hold water against my logical and factual arguments.". When you've already had two "facts" disproven in a short period of time, don't claim to be so logical and factual. It just shows how blind you really are.
You are really reaching there.

Wahabbism is spreading and infecting large groups of Muslims including those in the U.S. I do not see a stronger antidote in the making to counteract this infection, do you?

I disagree with your assertion.

Yes, all those illegal immigrants who you libs consider to BE undocumented U.S. citizens and who you think should be able to enter the U.S. at will.

Don't assume you know what I believe. You don't.

If a religion required that their religious activity be performed every hour on the hour, would you also have our schools accommodate for that? What if a religion required that all students be separated by gender in separate classrooms? Would you also accommodate them on that issue as well? What if a religion required that they eat steak and lobster for lunch every day? Would you require the schools to pony up the expensive lunches? What about foot baths in all schools? How about burkas for girls?

It depends on the burden on the school/other students versus how much of a required activity it is. 15 minutes of silent prayer does not seem to be overburdensome in my eyes.

Do you now get why I object to any religion's "requirements"? This is nothing more than setting up a slippery slope down the path to disaster and disruption, something the leftists would not mind seeing happen.

Yes, we leftists want to see "disaster and disruption". Wait, weren't you supposed to be addressing facts and being logical? Oh yes, by the way, the slippery slope argument is a logical fallacy.

Not all are, but there are enough to cause concern. Did you know that according to a recent Pew Research that about 25% of American Muslims either support Al-Qaeda or are ambivalent about terrorists? Did you know that about half of them consider themselves as Muslims first and Americans second? Did you know that many of the younger Muslims don't have a problem with violence in the name of Islam?
http://pewresearch.org/assets/pdf/muslim-americans.pdf

Jesus...why post something that doesn't even support your view?

From the article.
US Muslims:
View of al Qaeda
Very unfavorable 58
Somewhat unfav. 10
Favorable 5
DK/Refused 27

Very few Muslim Americans – just
1% – say that suicide bombings against
civilian targets are often justified to defend
Islam; an additional 7% say suicide bombings
are sometimes justified in these
circumstances

And who cares what they consider themselves "first"?

Ah, a SILENT madrassa. Ever hear the expression of getting one's foot in the door?

Yes I have. Any evidence that they are doing so? No? Then why are you assuming this?

Yes, I would love to see demonstrations of moderate muslim solidarity with America against radical Islam. It'd be nice if just the leaders voiced their concern loud and clear. But we don't get much of that, do we? However, when some cartoons appeared to insult Mohammed, the muslim protests were heard LOUDLY around the world.

Thats because its the groups on the far left and far right who tend to protest, NOT the moderates.

Right...nobody ever heard about Fort Dix. Half of those were plans by complete incompetents that would have never come to fruition.

The muslims get their own room in which to pray by themselves. Oh, make that two rooms, one for the boys and one for the girls. The non-muslims go somewhere else. I'd say that is quite a separation from normal school activities.

Please provide evidence that this is the case. By the way, just to pre-empt you, I need something more than just the teachers claims. Those were investigated and found to be unsubstantiated by evidence.

The 15 minutes has nothing to do with the regular school activities except that it happens on school government property and interrupts normal school activities. Why are Christians not allowed to have their separate rooms and times for Christian prayer and Bible study too? Oh, that's right. The ACLU says we must have "separation of church and state"…but I guess they make exceptions for Muslims, the PC religion of choice.

Again a link please.

You are really reaching there.

No, not really.

Did you know that about half of them consider themselves as Muslims first and Americans second?

This is just a general question SE. I am not trying to pick a fight with you.

I have heard things of this nature before, and I have never understood why anyone would be surprised by this. Doesn't it make sense to put one's eternal existence and the existence of the Supreme Almighty on a higher plane than your national allegiance? I mean, wouldn't most Christians say that they are Christians before they are Americans? If the choice were to come down to sinning against the lord or breaking the law, wouldn't you break the law?

Finally, isn't the old marine corp motto "God, Country and Corps." I would guess there is a reason it is in that order.

Larkinn said:
I disagree with your assertion.
In what way do you disagree and why?

Larkinn said:
Don't assume you know what I believe. You don't.
I said "you libs" so that comment was directed at liberals in general, not just you. So what do you believe? I take it you do agree that Chertoff "is having a problem with individuals outside the US coming in here and committing crimes" at least in part due to our wide open borders? Do you think we should close our borders or at least tighten security enough to prevent incoming terrorists? Do you believe in profiling as a tool to help with this endeavor?

Larkinn said:
It depends on the burden on the school/other students versus how much of a required activity it is. 15 minutes of silent prayer does not seem to be overburdensome in my eyes.
15 minutes might seem just fine to your eyes. Not to mine especially when Christians don't get the same favor. After all, isn't it a human right to practice one's religion whether or not the practice is a "requirement" or not? You also didn't answer my question about the muslim requirement with regard to wearing a burka. Should our public schools allow that too?

Larkinn said:
Yes, we leftists want to see "disaster and disruption". Wait, weren't you supposed to be addressing facts and being logical? Oh yes, by the way, the slippery slope argument is a logical fallacy.
Yes, as a matter of fact the far left does want to destroy America as we know it. They want to institute a new world order of international socialism and in the process destroy our U.S. Constitution as we know it. Despite your nasty comments I am addressing facts and being logical. If you would quit attempting to run away from the issues by bringing up logic arguments we might actually get somewhere. However I think you are doing everything you can to avoid justifying your position. If my comment about a slippery slope bothers you so much, I will retract it. In its place I will instead say that each religion has a different set of "requirements" in order to practice their religion. Do you expect the school system to accommodate requirements of all religions equally? Why or why not? Myself, I see this as opening the door to all sorts of problems in the future.

Larkinn said:
Jesus...why post something that doesn't even support your view?
Of course it supports my view. I said "about 25% of American Muslims either support Al-Qaeda or are ambivalent about terrorists". Where am I wrong? Frankly, I think that if one out of four muslims is that way we have a problem.

Larkinn said:
And who cares what they consider themselves "first"?
Because it's different from most Americans and we wonder if this might not be a subtle threat.

Larkinn said:
Yes I have. Any evidence that they are doing so? No? Then why are you assuming this?
Well, it seems to me that if Muslims can get dedicated times and prayer rooms in our public schools and Christians cannot, it appears they have "got their foot in the door" so to speak. I don't see that as being an "assumption". Why is it Christians are not allowed to get their feet in the door too?

Larkinn said:
Thats because its the groups on the far left and far right who tend to protest, NOT the moderates.
And those groups are so tiny that moderates can just ignore them as if they didn't exist?
http://mypetjawa.mu.nu/archives/156837.php

Larkinn said:
Right...nobody ever heard about Fort Dix. Half of those were plans by complete incompetents that would have never come to fruition.
You're the one who questioned whether jihad or Muslim acts of violence existed here in the U.S. and I gave you a list proving it does. Whether they were successful or not in their attempts does not erase the fact that jihad is here.

Larkinn said:
Please provide evidence that this is the case. By the way, just to pre-empt you, I need something more than just the teachers claims. Those were investigated and found to be unsubstantiated by evidence.
Well then, where do the kids pray? Are you saying that the boys and girls pray together in one room? I thought it was a requirement of Islam for them to pray separately.

Again a link please.
Happy to oblige.

ACLU Briefing Paper Number 3
Church and State
http://www.lectlaw.com/files/con07.htm

You might also pay particular attention to the ACLU's reply to this question:
* Can children pray in school at all?

Of course. Any child can pray on the school grounds so long as the
prayer is a private exercise, such as a prayer before meals or
reading the Bible between classes. However, school officials cannot
be involved in sponsoring religious exercise by setting the time or
place of these observances.

Is not Carver School involved in "sponsoring religious exercise by setting the time or place of these observances"?

ReillyT said:
This is just a general question SE. I am not trying to pick a fight with you.

I have heard things of this nature before, and I have never understood why anyone would be surprised by this. Doesn't it make sense to put one's eternal existence and the existence of the Supreme Almighty on a higher plane than your national allegiance? I mean, wouldn't most Christians say that they are Christians before they are Americans? If the choice were to come down to sinning against the lord or breaking the law, wouldn't you break the law?

Finally, isn't the old marine corp motto "God, Country and Corps." I would guess there is a reason it is in that order.
On a personal level I agree with you that most people put God at the top of their list as well as family too.

However, I think that if American Christians were to label themselves in view of and in relation to the public at large they would probably identify themselves first as "American" because they would perceive and classify themselves as part of the whole public at large which is also American.

Americans come in all sorts of religious flavors so if they gave themselves a specific religious label they would be narrowing their identity with the public at large. In most Muslim countries labeling oneself first a "Muslim" is not really setting oneself apart from the rest of the public because most people are also Muslim and the country is politically Islamic in nature.

In what way do you disagree and why?

I disagree that any form of radical Islam is infecting large swathes of the American public, much less a specific form. In part because of the moderate attitudes most US muslims take, in part because of my own experiences with US muslims, and in part because of studies such as the one you linked.

[qupte]
I said "you libs" so that comment was directed at liberals in general, not just you. So what do you believe? I take it you do agree that Chertoff "is having a problem with individuals outside the US coming in here and committing crimes" at least in part due to our wide open borders? Do you think we should close our borders or at least tighten security enough to prevent incoming terrorists? Do you believe in profiling as a tool to help with this endeavor?
[/quote]

Yes the comment was even more asinine because it made an assumption about a large group of people you apparently know little about. And I don't want to get into an immigration debate here. I have very mixed feelings on the issue...but I definitely don't believe the bullshit you asserted before.

15 minutes might seem just fine to your eyes. Not to mine especially when Christians don't get the same favor. After all, isn't it a human right to practice one's religion whether or not the practice is a "requirement" or not? You also didn't answer my question about the muslim requirement with regard to wearing a burka. Should our public schools allow that too?

Is not being allowed to practice Christianity in schools against your religion? No? Then disallowing it does not disallow you from practicing your religion. It is NOT the same for Islam. And as far as Burka's go, there are plenty of Muslims who don't wear Burkas.

Yes, as a matter of fact the far left does want to destroy America as we know it.

Incorrect.

They want to institute a new world order of international socialism and in the process destroy our U.S. Constitution as we know it.

Again, incorrect. Unless you are talking about the tiny majority of the far left who wants this. This is about equivalent to those on the right who wander around bombing abortion clinics and threatening doctors.

Despite your nasty comments I am addressing facts and being logical. If you would quit attempting to run away from the issues by bringing up logic arguments we might actually get somewhere.

Umm, are you joking? You say something illogical and I will point it out.

However I think you are doing everything you can to avoid justifying your position. If my comment about a slippery slope bothers you so much, I will retract it.

It does not bother me at all. It is just a false argument with little to no merit. If you wish to hold it, feel free, just know that there is no justification for you doing so.

In its place I will instead say that each religion has a different set of "requirements" in order to practice their religion. Do you expect the school system to accommodate requirements of all religions equally? Why or why not? Myself, I see this as opening the door to all sorts of problems in the future.
Major religions, yes. This is the standard the USSC has, and I expect schools to follow that standard.

Of course it supports my view. I said "about 25% of American Muslims either support Al-Qaeda or are ambivalent about terrorists". Where am I wrong? Frankly, I think that if one out of four muslims is that way we have a problem.

How can that be reconciled with only 5% having a faborable view of AQ?

Because it's different from most Americans and we wonder if this might not be a subtle threat.

I disagree. I don't think most Americans would consider themself American first.

Well, it seems to me that if Muslims can get dedicated times and prayer rooms in our public schools and Christians cannot, it appears they have "got their foot in the door" so to speak. I don't see that as being an "assumption". Why is it Christians are not allowed to get their feet in the door too?

Actually its only in one school. And I explained the difference already.

And those groups are so tiny that moderates can just ignore them as if they didn't exist?
http://mypetjawa.mu.nu/archives/156837.php

In the US? Yes, they are quite small.

You're the one who questioned whether jihad or Muslim acts of violence existed here in the U.S. and I gave you a list proving it does. Whether they were successful or not in their attempts does not erase the fact that jihad is here.

If the acts were not actually going to happen, its not an act of violence.

Well then, where do the kids pray? Are you saying that the boys and girls pray together in one room? I thought it was a requirement of Islam for them to pray separately.

I don't know where they pray. I asked for evidence that they pray in different rooms like you claimed. So far you haven't provided any.

On a personal level I agree with you that most people put God at the top of their list as well as family too.

However, I think that if American Christians were to label themselves in view of and in relation to the public at large they would probably identify themselves first as "American" because they would perceive and classify themselves as part of the whole public at large which is also American.

Americans come in all sorts of religious flavors so if they gave themselves a specific religious label they would be narrowing their identity with the public at large. In most Muslim countries labeling oneself first a "Muslim" is not really setting oneself apart from the rest of the public because most people are also Muslim and the country is politically Islamic in nature.

Incorrect. The numbers aren't that different.

http://pewforum.org/docs/?DocID=234

Larkinn said:
I disagree that any form of radical Islam is infecting large swathes of the American public, much less a specific form. In part because of the moderate attitudes most US muslims take, in part because of my own experiences with US muslims, and in part because of studies such as the one you linked.

I beg to differ. Wahhabism is being actively promoted in the U.S.

They do this through indoctrination, infiltration, and financial subsidies. Wahhabi-Saudi penetration of local Islamic communities may begin with the construction of Saudi-funded mosques, with Saudi-trained imams assigned to them. A reportage in Newsweek states that "at least 250 out of some 1,200 [recognized mosques] nationwide" - that is, in the U.S. - function under direct control of the North American Islamic Trust, a Wahhabi-Saudi body. Further reflecting Wahhabi-Saudi ideological influence over American Islam, Newsweek points out a really extraordinary fact: "An April 2001 survey by the Council on American-Islamic Relations found that 69 percent of Muslims in America say it is 'absolutely fundamental' or 'very important' to have Salafi teachings at their mosques." "Salafi" is a cover term for Wahhabi - comparable to "socialist" for Soviet-controlled Communists.
http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles/ReadArticle.asp?ID=4178

Here is what a professor of Wahhabism at Drexel University has to say to you. What a blast to have guys like this in our school system. Keep in mind that this guy is under watch and so this is probably only a "moderate" version of what he has to really say. I especially love the line where he says "Of course it goes without saying that soon all shall be forced to convert to our religion and follow our beliefs." Is this what you'd like to see filtering into our public school system?

Convert to Wahhabism now lest you die infidel pigs
By: Sheikh Usama bin Akmed
4-2-04

America is corrupt! America is immoral! America is ruled by Satan, who employs the Jews to carry out his bidding! If you are still reading this, that means that there is still some hope for your soul. I, Sheikh Usama ibn Akhmed, am the president of Wahhabism Now for America. Our organization recognizes the massive moral shortcomings of this immoral culture and attempts to fix it by enforcing the purest form of Islam; this form of Islam, Wahabbism, is the law of the Holy Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and we will impose it on America and all its inhabitants.
cont.
http://media.www.thetriangle.org/me...sm.Now.Lest.You.Die.Infidel.Pigs-650640.shtml

Larkinn said:
Is not being allowed to practice Christianity in schools against your religion? No? Then disallowing it does not disallow you from practicing your religion. It is NOT the same for Islam. And as far as Burka's go, there are plenty of Muslims who don't wear Burkas.
What an absurd statement. Practicing religion on government property is practicing religion on government property. You can't discriminate by seeking out loopholes for a particular religion. In America law is supposed to be applied equally to all.

Larkinn said:
Incorrect.

Again, incorrect. Unless you are talking about the tiny majority of the far left who wants this. This is about equivalent to those on the right who wander around bombing abortion clinics and threatening doctors.
A tiny majority of the far left? Who do you think you are kidding? The leftists have pretty much taken over the Democrat party. Read what the World Socialist Party is all about and then compare what the Democrat party is all about today. I'm sure you will be able to see many similarities. Even though they don't outrightly condemn capitalism, Democrats mirror Socialists on almost every issue (see Proof).

The World Socialist Party of the US (or WSPUS) consists of working class people who have organized themselves democratically with one objective; to bring about a complete change in world society. The WSPUS is part of a global socialist movement that believes capitalism cannot meet the needs of the majority of us, the workers, no matter how progressive it might become in the future. To meet these needs, capitalism must be replaced by socialism.
http://www.worldsocialism.org/usa/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

Proof that Democrats = Socialism/Communism
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1038294/posts

Larkinn said:
Major religions, yes. This is the standard the USSC has, and I expect schools to follow that standard.
So you think Muslim girls should be allowed to wear burkas to school? That's a requirement for many Muslims, a major religion. Or are you going to discriminate too among the various sects of the major Muslim religion?

Larkinn said:
How can that be reconciled with only 5% having a faborable view of AQ?
Let's not forget the other 20+% who would not give an answer. Why wouldn't they answer? In any case, I wouldn't want to encourage even five kids to poison the school where my kids attended. Let them pursue their religious activities on their own time.

Larkinn said:
I disagree. I don't think most Americans would consider themself American first.
What are you first?

Larkinn said:
Actually its only in one school. And I explained the difference already.
You explained the difference based on "requirements". Is that equality under the law? Religion is religion. You are dissecting a religion down into its particular "requirements" and I see this as cherrypicking and discriminatory. Also, just because it is "only one school" does not make it right.

Larkinn said:
In the US? Yes, they are quite small.
Small groups can cause great damage. Burying your head in the sand will not protect you.

Larkinn said:
If the acts were not actually going to happen, its not an act of violence.
Keep sticking your head in the sand...

Larkinn said:
I don't know where they pray. I asked for evidence that they pray in different rooms like you claimed. So far you haven't provided any.
The report says "And the K-8 school has even added Arabic — the language of the Quran — to its curriculum, while segregating classes for girls, a la the Taliban." Unless you wish to reject the report out of hand, is it too hard for you to deduce that if classes are segregated prayer is most likely also segregated?

Larkinn said:
Incorrect. The numbers aren't that different.
Evidently the evangelicals skew the picture. Take them out and there remains a large majority who consider themselves to be Americans first. I wonder if seculars consider themselves first as Americans or something else? They were left out of the question.

I beg to differ. Wahhabism is being actively promoted in the U.S.

I'm sure it is. The US is a huge country, I'm sure any number of various beliefs are being promoted here. However, as I said, I am sure it is not infecting large swathes of the Muslim Populace.

Here is what a professor of Wahhabism at Drexel University has to say to you. What a blast to have guys like this in our school system. Keep in mind that this guy is under watch and so this is probably only a "moderate" version of what he has to really say. I especially love the line where he says "Of course it goes without saying that soon all shall be forced to convert to our religion and follow our beliefs." Is this what you'd like to see filtering into our public school system?

First of all you are a fucking idiot if you think this is a moderate version. Secondly, do you honestly have such a poor opinion of our educational system? This article is an obvious fake. Although its interesting that I couldn't find anywhere saying that. However a few clues are that Drexel has no department of Wahhabism (obviously), that no results, except for this article itself, comes up on google for the author, and that there is no group called "Wahhabism now for America".

What an absurd statement. Practicing religion on government property is practicing religion on government property. You can't discriminate by seeking out loopholes for a particular religion. In America law is supposed to be applied equally to all.

It is applied equally to all.

A tiny majority of the far left? Who do you think you are kidding? The leftists have pretty much taken over the Democrat party. Read what the World Socialist Party is all about and then compare what the Democrat party is all about today. I'm sure you will be able to see many similarities. Even though they don't outrightly condemn capitalism, Democrats mirror Socialists on almost every issue (see Proof).

Mirror socialists? Incorrect.

Lmao...that is watered down American Socialism.

So you think Muslim girls should be allowed to wear burkas to school? That's a requirement for many Muslims, a major religion. Or are you going to discriminate too among the various sects of the major Muslim religion?

Give me a reason why Muslim girls should not be allowed to wear burkas to school.

Let's not forget the other 20+% who would not give an answer. Why wouldn't they answer? In any case, I wouldn't want to encourage even five kids to poison the school where my kids attended. Let them pursue their religious activities on their own time.

Perhaps they felt the anwser choices inadequate. Regardless they think violence can be justified, NOT that they would do it themselves. I suspect if you poll Christians you will find similar amounts of them support abortion bombers, and other violent Christian extremists.

What are you first?

Nothing really. I am not religious. I don't consider myself an American first. I suppose perhaps I would say I am a Humanitarian first.

You explained the difference based on "requirements". Is that equality under the law? Religion is religion. You are dissecting a religion down into its particular "requirements" and I see this as cherrypicking and discriminatory. Also, just because it is "only one school" does not make it right.

Freedom of religion means that the state keep you from engaging in your religion. Why are you so against religion and freedom?

Small groups can cause great damage. Burying your head in the sand will not protect you.

I'm not burying my head in the sand. I just have the ability to recognize the difference between a terrorist cell and 15 minutes of silence in a school. You somehow think they are the same thing because they have a common thread of Muslim.

The report says "And the K-8 school has even added Arabic — the language of the Quran — to its curriculum, while segregating classes for girls, a la the Taliban." Unless you wish to reject the report out of hand, is it too hard for you to deduce that if classes are segregated prayer is most likely also segregated?

Report? You mean the shit you published from a right-wing website. If you look at the reports from the school district it says that claims were made about it, investigated and proven false.

Evidently the evangelicals skew the picture. Take them out and there remains a large majority who consider themselves to be Americans first. I wonder if seculars consider themselves first as Americans or something else? They were left out of the question.

Derr...because religion and nationality are the main things that people consider themselves. Regardless, it shows that Muslims are not unique in that they choose their religion over country.

They have a right to do that shit in their own country. Hell you cant even say in god you trust anymore can you? Next it will be in "allah"??? Fuck that. They need to go back to their country where we can nuke them.

They have a right to do that shit in their own country. Hell you cant even say in god you trust anymore can you? Next it will be in "allah"??? Fuck that. They need to go back to their country where we can nuke them.

Really? Any idea what country they came from? Yes, you can still say in god you trust. In fact you just did. No, it won't be in Allah we trust next. If you think that you are a conspiracy theorist nutter. Or just extremely stupid. Or possibly both. And yes, lets nuke US citizens. Its amazing the disrespect you have for your fellow countrymen.

let me ask you a question my friend, if you watched cnn, msnbc , fox news, or didnt, and agreed with what they had to say, liberal or conservative talking points, or both. Is that really a bad thing?.

We all listen to something, and we all decide if we agree or not, Do you agree or disagree?

Have a nice day bp :)

:wtf:

You may not <b>NEED</b> FOX Noise, but you repeat their talking points almost verbatim.

Im sorry for my viciousness towards your lately larkinn, it is and was inexcusable.

Now, if i may, I want to say, I dont think all muslims are bad, but i dont think everytime terrorism is discussed, christians should be brought up because, are their bad people everywhere yes, but if you research, you will see most acts of terrorism are carried out by those who say they are muslim.

Second, my understanding is... a madrassa by definition is a place where radical islam is taught, and young people indoctrinated, i understand that a mosque is different from a madrassa, but i still strongly believe the u.s. and the world, should monitor every mosque to help us weed out good muslims, from terrorists. Now, I understand you might disagree with me, but i refuse to accept the nametag or label of racist, because just as i cant truly know, whats in your heart sir, you dont know what is in mine.

Newsflash, your wrong. Radical Islam is NOT being taught in Madrasses in the US. Or, if it is, this is NOT a case of it.

Islam is different than radical Islam. This failure or inability to make the distinction is why it is bigotted.

Just a friendly suggestion. Avoid calling me names Acts. I've been giving you an easy time for other reasons...but you continue acting like this and thats over.

I agree with you.

We all know that radical Islam exists within the framework of moderate Islam. So if moderate Islam is being practiced we know that most likely a faction is probably radical. Of course, these practices at Carver are only in their infancy but the potential exists.

Which is it? Shall we have religious practices in our public schools or not? If so, why does the liberal left attack Christian practices in the public schools? And if not, then why does the liberal left give Muslims a pass?

The substitue complained mary-frances stevens, that it was an hour not 15 minutes, and ive heard it being 35 minutes. So it is possible, it is not really just 15 minutes, and spending 450 k to teach kids a foreign language , and segregating the muslims student, then by gender, and making special time for them to pray is against the law to me. Conflicting reports: some say, its during recess, some say during teaching time.

Forum List

Back