Madeline wins the internets

Show me a writer who is not vain and I will show you nothing but a Hallmark card.

Might as well be a pacifist general.

The point of a post is the reader. Making the reader understand, sympathise, getting the reader to agree. Those who do weird fonts are the enemy of understanding.

of course, sometimes it is necessary to paint the fourth wall. But only when it is helpful for the understanding of the reader, not the vanity of the writer.
Well, maybe not vanity, maybe the opposite.

For if one has to trouble his/herself with cartoon formatting in order to demonstrate self-defined non-conformity, sounds like a little bit of low self esteem might be going on.

I guess one can be vain and have low self esteem at the same time?

One of the reasons I am a total rep whore. When I get someone from the opposite side to give me a rep point, I really do feel like I have one Teh 1n7ern3t5.

ANd you can't convince anyone by pissing them off first.

If infuriating the folks you come into contact with is "the bar,"

I have to give all of the folks that have been banned the Supreme honor.

Just saying

Its easy to attack.....people who dont conform. YOU post in larger with a DIFFERENT font along with a distinct STYLE. So does Madeline and in blue. some people don't get it.

Its all about personal style and what YOU like. :)

So, you post for yourself?

I post for the consumer, the reader. I try to make the posts as legible as possible, air between paragraphs, going for readability. Formatting noise takes away from the readability.

It's not about conformity, it's about thinking of and having consideration for, others. And understanding that we are posting for others' consumption. The default formatting works fine for this, and also happens to be more convenient to use.

It is a bit of both. Consideration for others is also a two way street. I post because I enjoy posting, you (and I) read because we enjoy reading the posts. When i write professionally, yes I do take all of the above into consideration. This however is not professional, the USBM is for enjoyment. It comes with options that i and others avail ourselves of :)

I am very sure you can read my posts in this color. I like the color blue ;) I prefer Larger size as it is easier to read. The madding crowd however has seizures with the larger font so i skip it. :)

I enjoy watching peoples personal...Style.

Its easy to attack.....people who dont conform. YOU post in larger with a DIFFERENT font along with a distinct STYLE. So does Madeline and in blue. some people don't get it.

Its all about personal style and what YOU like. :)
So, you post for yourself?

I post for the consumer, the reader. I try to make the posts as legible as possible, air between paragraphs, going for readability. Formatting noise takes away from the readability.

It's not about conformity, it's about thinking of and having consideration for, others. And understanding that we are posting for others' consumption. The default formatting works fine for this, and also happens to be more convenient to use.

It is a bit of both. Consideration for others is also a two way street. I post because I enjoy posting, you (and I) read because we enjoy reading the posts. When i write professionally, yes I do take all of the above into consideration. This however is not professional, the USBM is for enjoyment. It comes with options that i and others avail ourselves of :)

I am very sure you can read my posts in this color. I like the color blue ;) I prefer Larger size as it is easier to read. The madding crowd however has seizures with the larger font so i skip it. :)

I enjoy watching peoples personal...Style.
Actually your choice of formatting isn't objectionable. There's much worse.

You'll note I can also choose to eliminate it in quotes!

I dun need to win the internets, but it is a nice honor. Thankies, Ravi!

Forum List

Back