Madeline wins the internets

I've never seen so many posters obsess over one person like USMB members obsess over Madeline.

I declare her the winner of the internets.

It's like 5 people! :lol:

Using your logic, Publius not only won the internet, but he also invented Al Gore.

If infuriating the folks you come into contact with is "the bar,"

I have to give all of the folks that have been banned the Supreme honor.

Just saying

Just saying

Its easy to attack.....people who dont conform. YOU post in larger with a DIFFERENT font along with a distinct STYLE. So does Madeline and in blue. some people don't get it.

Its all about personal style and what YOU like. :)

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Its easy to attack.....people who dont conform. YOU post in larger with a DIFFERENT font along with a distinct STYLE. So does Madeline and in blue. some people don't get it.

I was more speaking about the contents of the posts.

Artistic expression is a personal choice, and I actually applaud even Shaman for his style,

but what I disagree with the is the message/POV,

contained in a lot of his posts, and Madeline's,

which can and have, on occasion, infuriated me.

Just saying

So, you post for yourself?

I post for the consumer, the reader. I try to make the posts as legible as possible, air between paragraphs, going for readability. Formatting noise takes away from the readability.

It's not about conformity, it's about thinking of and having consideration for, others. And understanding that we are posting for others' consumption. The default formatting works fine for this, and also happens to be more convenient to use.

I think dainty and corndog will debate that. actually no. They just gibber incoherantly about it and make five flame threads each about it which at least 40 other people here will comment and have fun bashing them on.

Madeline is at least likable most times. ;)

The point of a post is the reader. Making the reader understand, sympathise, getting the reader to agree. Those who do weird fonts are the enemy of understanding.

of course, sometimes it is necessary to paint the fourth wall. But only when it is helpful for the understanding of the reader, not the vanity of the writer.

Forum List

Back