Maddow: Without unions 'Democrats do not have a way to compete'

Goldman Sachs: 58% of donations since 1990 cycle have gone to Republicans; 2/3rds of money this cycle to Republicans
JPMorgan Chase: donations since 1990 split between two parties; 2/3rds of money this cycle to Republicans
Citigroup: donations since 1990 split between two parties; 3/5ths of money this cycle to Republicans
UBS: 58% of donations since 1990 cycle have gone to Republicans; 2/3rds of money this cycle to Republicans
General Electric: donations since 1990 split between two parties; 3/5ths of money this cycle to Republicans

Wow in the the face of facts you become a denier! Glad to see you made assertions without a any sources!

Polk reversed the actual facts on what was listed.

Go to OpenSecrets. Every figure is exactly what's listed there.

Looks like companies and they contributed big time to Barry Boy.

Breaking: companies give large donations to candidate that is almost certain to win.

News Flash: Every election there are two candidates. Both get a lot of contributions and one always wins and one always loses!

True, but the side that's expected to win an election always get more donations. It's just good business sense to curry favor with those who you expect to win.

2008 Obama Top Contributors

University of California $1,648,685
Goldman Sachs $1,013,091
Harvard University $878,164
Microsoft Corp $852,167
Google Inc $814,540
JPMorgan Chase & Co $808,799
Citigroup Inc $736,771
Time Warner $624,618
Sidley Austin LLP $600,298
Stanford University $595,716
National Amusements Inc $563,798
WilmerHale LLP $550,668
Columbia University $547,852
Skadden, Arps et al $543,539
UBS AG $532,674
IBM Corp $532,372
General Electric $529,855
US Government $513,308
Morgan Stanley $512,232
Latham & Watkins $503,295

That Obama has a lot of big money donors and that the left should can the whine about republican donors because the whine rings false.

That Obama has a lot of big money donors and that the left should can the whine about republican donors because the whine rings false.

Yes, he had a lot of big money donors in a cycle where he was a virtual lock to win. Many of those same donors, as has already been shown in this thread, have historically given more to Republicans and Romney has been the biggest receiver of their cash this cycle.

No, I've given up a long time ago on getting Republicans to buy math. They're just not interested in the stuff.
Strange kind of math...

D = 21 million
R = 32 million.

Polk and the Democrats....that is 10 to 1 spending!

I'll stick with the real math, thanks.

Because those aren't the real numbers. It was 31 to 4.

Wisconsin recall vote suggests power of spending | HeraldNet.com - Nation/World
Your numbers are phoney. You have to count ALL the money. It was 21 mill for D, and 32 mill for R.

Deal with it. And it is NOT 10 to 1.

Somehow I don't think the Democrats will go broke or not be able to compete in or win elections there are plenty of liberal millionaires, and billionaires to donate to them along with superpacs ,special interest groups ,big business, and Wall Street types.

Dems complain about campaign donations to the GOP because they know how easily their base is influenced. They depend on that.
If obama somehow raised 100 billion for his campaign war chest, Conservative voters would still vote against him. Turn the tables and Romney could buy half of 2008 obama voters' ballots for 50 bucks each.

Maddow: Without unions 'Democrats do not have a way to compete'

I finally agree with the sadcow dude!

----- ^ Me too its a huge surprise but she's right in the fact that they have divisive made up issues only used to build the need for government invention in everything.....smh :mad:

Dems complain about campaign donations to the GOP because they know how easily their base is influenced. They depend on that.
If obama somehow raised 100 billion for his campaign war chest, Conservative voters would still vote against him. Turn the tables and Romney could buy half of 2008 obama voters' ballots for 50 bucks each.

I disagree- He could buy them for 50 bucks, but he'd also have to throw in some weed and boxed wine~

I disagree- He could buy them for 50 bucks, but he'd also have to throw in some weed and boxed wine~

Naah! A handful of free condoms should seal the deal.

Strange kind of math...

D = 21 million
R = 32 million.

Polk and the Democrats....that is 10 to 1 spending!

I'll stick with the real math, thanks.

Because those aren't the real numbers. It was 31 to 4.

Wisconsin recall vote suggests power of spending | HeraldNet.com - Nation/World
Your numbers are phoney. You have to count ALL the money. It was 21 mill for D, and 32 mill for R.

My numbers come from a legitimate news outlet. Yours are completely unsourced. So what were you saying about phony numbers?

My numbers come from a legitimate news outlet. Yours are completely unsourced. So what were you saying about phony numbers?

Washingtom Compost? Really Gracie? :lol:

I know, you won't accept it unless it comes from a source even further to the right than the GOPost.

There is no such thing as a legitimate news source. Both you and I know it. They all are promoting an agenda. You have propaganda.

There is no such thing as a legitimate news source. Both you and I know it. They all are promoting an agenda. You have propaganda.

As long as truth exists, there will be legitimate and illegitimate sources. Except you don't even have an illegitimate source. So far, you've just be asking people to take your word for it.

I knew Maddow was a communist from Russia!

2012-07-01T164031Z_781302777_TB3E8711ABCDR_RTRMADP_3_ATHLETICS-EUROPEAN.JPG

Forum List

Back