Maddow blames viewers for expecting too much

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
So you as a viewer are to blame, and NOT the way she set the story up.

Maddow: People disappointed by Trump story expected too much

NEW YORK (AP) — Rachel Maddow says that if people felt let down by her story about President Donald Trump's 2005 tax document it's more because of the weight of expectation than anything she did.

The MSNBC host found herself in the odd position Wednesday of defending herself from criticism following one of the biggest-ever scoops for her show. Maddow's show revealed, through reporter David Cay Johnston, two pages of tax return information that showed Trump earned $150 million in 2005 and paid $38 million in income taxes that year. Trump has steadfastly refused to release his tax returns.

Maddow's tweet less than 90 minutes before her show that "we've got Trump's tax returns" set off a social media frenzy. Although a subsequent tweet specified it was only two pages from one year's returns, expectations were sky high.

Maddow told the AP that she never misrepresented what she had.

"Because I have information about the president doesn't mean that it's necessarily a scandal," she said. "It doesn't mean that it's damning information. If other people leapt to that conclusion without me indicating that it was, that hype is external to what we did."

Her story was derided as "a big nothingburger" by Fox News Channel's Steve Doocy on Wednesday. There were unflattering comparisons to Geraldo Rivera's opening of Al Capone's vault, television shorthand for an anticipated event that doesn't meet expectations. The White House's pre-emptive step of issuing a statement with Trump's income and estimated taxes for that year before Maddow's show started also took air out of the story.

So you as a viewer are to blame, and NOT the way she set the story up.

NEW YORK (AP) — Rachel Maddow says that if people felt let down by her story about President Donald Trump's 2005 tax document it's more because of the weight of expectation than anything she did.

The MSNBC host found herself in the odd position Wednesday of defending herself from criticism following one of the biggest-ever scoops for her show. Maddow's show revealed, through reporter David Cay Johnston, two pages of tax return information that showed Trump earned $150 million in 2005 and paid $38 million in income taxes that year. Trump has steadfastly refused to release his tax returns.

Maddow's tweet less than 90 minutes before her show that "we've got Trump's tax returns" set off a social media frenzy. Although a subsequent tweet specified it was only two pages from one year's returns, expectations were sky high.

Maddow told the AP that she never misrepresented what she had.

"Because I have information about the president doesn't mean that it's necessarily a scandal," she said. "It doesn't mean that it's damning information. If other people leapt to that conclusion without me indicating that it was, that hype is external to what we did."

Her story was derided as "a big nothingburger" by Fox News Channel's Steve Doocy on Wednesday. There were unflattering comparisons to Geraldo Rivera's opening of Al Capone's vault, television shorthand for an anticipated event that doesn't meet expectations. The White House's pre-emptive step of issuing a statement with Trump's income and estimated taxes for that year before Maddow's show started also took air out of the story.

I have to admit, her viewers are indeed fucking morons.

Combined, how many kids do Maddow and Keith Olbermann have?

ANSWER: zero!

The single best thing about liberals is the birthrate they create.

Most of Maddow's viewers are far more sentient than any Alt Right or Far Right board member, y es.

She got punk and now she is trying to spin it as it is her viewership that expected to much...

What a load of nonsense on her part!

Maddow killed the Trump tax return story with her stupidity!

Disir, yes, it is a legitimate story. The schedules will show who, if any, are influencing The Donald.

Bruce's vehemence in answering demonstrates Maddow is under the skin of the Far and Alt Right.

Under the skin of the right? LOL
I WANT her to keep up with these 'scoops'.
Makes the left look like Chicken Little assholes.
Not to mention, she called the returns 'almost an existential threat'. LOL

Maddow was preparing it so carefully, and it smelled so good. She yelled "Come and Get it!" But then.....
eggFace.jpg

Most of the late nite comedy shows mocked her for taking so long for giving up the goods.

But that's just a girlie thing, and lesbo or not, she is still a girlie.

I think she deserves credit for getting the goods and showing the goods.

Now we know Donald paid $38 million in alt min tax in 2005.

No wonder he wants to get rid of the alt min tax.

Without the alt min tax he would have paid nothing.

Forum List

Back