Macy's employee fired for not letting tranny use women's fitting room

You are right. I have XY chromosomes and always will.

And no I cannot carry a baby to term. Do you know any 65 year old natal women who can? Also, my life partner was born female but had to have a hysterectomy for medical reasons. Is she no longer a woman because she cannot bear a child? Is a woman who is not fertile for whatever reason not "really" a woman?

Now a question for you, Old School: Have you ever had a chromosome test? Do you know for a fact what chromosome configuration you carry in each cell? How about the people around you - family, co-workers, your mail man, the woman cashier at the supermarket - do they have the chromosomes that match their gender presentation? How do you know? The answer to the question about chromosomes is that XX, XY, XXY, XYY and any number of other uncommon chromosome combinations are possible and do exist in real life. Except for certain medical purposes chromosomes are a non-issue in daily life.

I and other transsexual people live in the real world. What I am talking about is real people, people who have the same needs you do, have real world personalities. They (and I) need to hold a job, live indoors, eat, have friends and do all the other things people do. From the arguments presented so far it seems those taking Ms Johnson's side are talking about some ideal of gender. I am not talking theory and for that reason I dismiss the chromosome question as being irrelevant.

What you see is the gender all the people you see daily present to the world.

One basic rule of life is that people do not act on what is. They act on what they perceive the situation to be. If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and walks like a duck its a duck. If you see someone who looks like a woman, dresses like a woman, acts like a woman and has typical woman's interests she is woman.

People are what they are, and I never looked into my chromosomes, but I'm not a skirt...that I do know. I do know that this world can be a strange place for everyone from time to time.
I do know that most people that go to church and sits in pews (sings hymns) do have a good heart and help the less fortunate. FYI
We are all sinners in need of a savior.

Old School, I have a deep and sincere respect for those Christians who actually live their faith. There are Christians down in the trenches actually doing things to improve the lot of their neighbors. They deserve kudos for the work they do.

And then there are ***!!!!CHRISTIANS!!!!*** to whom the Bible is not a guide and an inspiration but a club to beat anyone who disagrees with their narrow interpretation.

This is something serious. When most people nowadays mention Christians they are thinking of people like Eddie Long who groomed little boys so that he could molest them. All the time preaching from the pulpit that other people are going to hell. I could easily cite a hundred others.

Then there are people like Pat Robertson who gleefully announce that this natural disaster or that is God's judgement. Or Harold Camping who predicted the Rapture twice this year. These people are essentially harmless but do make belief in Christ look foolish.

If I can make no other point let me say this: Christ is defamed by the hubris of those who use his name. He came to save the world but his sacrifice is made empty by those of his so-called followers who drive people away from Him.

As he Christmas season approaches I want to wish you and yours a very merry Christmas.

Patty

Last edited:

Forum List

Back