Lt. Gen. McInerney Rebukes John McCain on Torture: It Worked on Songbird John WOW!

tinydancer

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2010
Piney
Holy Toledo what a smackdown! I have my own reasons to hate McCain for all the wars he has backed and I've never truly bought into the accusations that others have made about him during the Vietnam war, but this is certainly a breathtaking statement.

And don't give me shit for linking to Gateway. His interview was on FOX.

"Well, she can’t use it anymore because it’s determined by Congress that it’s not legal. The fact is John McCain, it worked on John. That’s why they call him songbird John."

Lt. Gen. McInerney Rebukes John McCain on Torture: It Worked on John. That's Why They Called Him "Songbird John" (VIDEO)

Holy Toledo what a smackdown! I have my own reasons to hate McCain for all the wars he has backed and I've never truly bought into the accusations that others have made about him during the Vietnam war, but this is certainly a breathtaking statement.

"Well, she can’t use it anymore because it’s determined by Congress that it’s not legal. The fact is John McCain, it worked on John. That’s why they call him songbird John."

Lt. Gen. McInerney Rebukes John McCain on Torture: It Worked on John. That's Why They Called Him "Songbird John" (VIDEO)
Classless trash, typical of the Trump era

Ok, McInerney....how much did you cry during SERE school?

It also worked on Khalid Shaikh Mohammed.

Criticize him all you want but he was absolutely right. And according to other POWs it didn't take a lot of torture to break him.

McInerny is a pig and coward. The word officer and gentleman do not apply to him. Even Charles Payne admitted he should have challenged what he said.

Torture doesn't work. The CIA knows this. General Mattis said this and he's been on the front lines where in a moments notice you or those you direct can lose their lives. In the pinch, when you are desperate for answers and believe there may be imminent attacks, I can accept it in limited scenarios as a last ditch effort to demand information, but ultimately, in general, it's mostly ineffective. There have been some who have identified some successes, and others who say it was a waste of time. Without any special inside knowledge, I tend to side with the latter.

I've watched some great documentaries on military intelligence interrogations, from the Vietnam Era and beyond. These guys were good, some of the best. The Germans in WWII were particularly creative, and there are outstanding OSS videos that illustrate how simple chat can give away so much. Some of the stuff I've seen dealt with hardened terrorists, in time, they were broken down and gave actionable intelligence. Not a finger was lifted to harm them. A serious game of psychological warfare in which they saved lives, instead of some primal torture action of revenge for the past, which won't help future U.S ops.

There is a way to get answers, torture could often be more of a liability than a benefit even if they do tell you information, as they often do so just to stop the suffering. So now you waste time and resources chasing ghosts, instead of having legitimate intel. That in itself can cost lives.

Moreover, if you engage in this you lose the higher ground AND you place your own agents at risk of torture. After 9/11 emotions were high, people were rightfully enraged, some felt they had failed in their duties. So, extreme measures were taken.

I think it came down to "we are unprepared and don't have the intelligence we should have, we need answers fast, what's coming next if anything"? If there was suspicion of an imminent attack, well, all bets are off. My gut tells me this was more a reaction of fear by Western intelligence than some proven interrogation tactic.

Criticize him all you want but he was absolutely right. And according to other POWs it didn't take a lot of torture to break him.

Another cowardly dog is yapping. If that were true, he would have accepted their offer to come back to the US instead of remaining a prisoner. Those cowardly dogs are the songbirds.

Torture doesn't work.

Disagree on this one.

When time is sensitive, get medieval.

Vice-Grips, a cow carcass and a plug-in flat iron. They'll quite suddenly find the information they don't know.

Or you can get two of them. Tie their hands behind their back. Tie their
feet and take them both up in a helicopter to around 8,000 feet.

You ask 20 questions (you already know the answer to 15 of those questions)

You interview the one you believe to be the strongest, mentally, of the
two. The instant he lies...you throw him out of the Chopper. Then you
can start on the weak one, without the other prisoner there which will
weaken him more. He'll tell you everything you want to know. The bad thing
though is you have to throw him out also, to keep him from talking to the
Red Cross.

Pretty quick and efficient.

a Lt Gen. is classless trash? the only one worthy of making a statement on McCain is a Lt. Gen. so, go fk yourslf.

Last edited:

a Lt Gen. is classless trash. the only one worthy of making a statement on McCain is a Lt. Gen. so, go fk yourslf.
You and that disgraced general should be tortured for 5 1/2 years like McCain was. It might pull your head out of your ass for once.

a Lt Gen. is classless trash. the only one worthy of making a statement on McCain is a Lt. Gen. so, go fk yourslf.
You and that disgraced general should be tortured for 5 1/2 years like McCain was. It might pull your head out of your ass for once.
I suffered eight years of obammy and that was enough, thanks. On my own soil in fact.

I suffered eight years of obammy and that was enough, thanks. On my own soil in fact.
McCain suffered for his fellow POW’s. While you’ve been a pussy your entire life.

Forum List

Back