Lots of emotion all over the place

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
I hope Treyvon Martins parents can find peace. I can't imagine as a parent what they are feeling at this point and I TRULY HOPE they can steer clear ofthe race baiters and aambulance chasers looking to cash in at their expense.

I also hope that this does not further erode the fragile nature of race relations in our country and that George Zimmerman can find a productive and peaceful direction in his life.

A black kid walking home at night after buying candy, in a neighborhood that has been victimized by criminals. A stranger with a gun, frustrated by still trying to "do good", sees him and confronts him. One ends up dead.

NOTHING good can come of that. The police and legal system were basically screwed from the start in this one, as there is no good option or ending for anyone. The media injected poison that caused much of this.

This trial is a small scar on our nations' long history.

• Banned
They are going to file a civil suit agaisnt Zimmerman and then most likely Zimmerman will do a media tour and write a book. I doubt there will be peace until all of that is over with.

I expect as much in their personal lives but it's not THEM that would likely cause US problems.
Zimmerman likely will have a diffilcult few years at the very least because of the hate. Likewise Martins parents may choose to feed that hate or move on.

Let's just hope Obama keeps his damn mouth shut so as to not fuel the nuts.

They are going to file a civil suit agaisnt Zimmerman and then most likely Zimmerman will do a media tour and write a book. I doubt there will be peace until all of that is over with.

They better write that book because there won't be a civil case. As Omara said he reserved the right to an immunity hearing and would schedule such a hearing immediately upon threat of any further action. As Zimmerman has already been acquitted under Florida law he would be granted immunity immediately.

A black kid walking home at night after buying candy, in a neighborhood that has been victimized by criminals. A stranger with a gun, frustrated by still trying to "do good", sees him and confronts him. One ends up dead.

NOTHING good can come of that. The police and legal system were basically screwed from the start in this one, as there is no good option or ending for anyone. The media injected poison that caused much of this.

you don't know, trayvon could have walked home instead of hanging around. Btw, Scoreboard.

They better write that book because there won't be a civil case. As Omara said he reserved the right to an immunity hearing and would schedule such a hearing immediately upon threat of any further action. As Zimmerman has already been acquitted under Florida law he would be granted immunity immediately.

Link?

you don't know, trayvon could have walked home instead of hanging around. Btw, Scoreboard.

Scoreboard???? As in how, like YOU won something?

Im 50/50 on this case. I wouldnt have cared either way. NO ONE "won" this.

The fact that you used a sports slang to signify that somehow you or people of your ideology "won" something is just sick.

Two families lives are forever scarred. One kid is dead. One man will never live in peace.

How you "won" anything baffles me.

The jury came to the correct decision. There is not enough evidence to prove anything. I applaud their courage. It was undoubtedly the correct verdict.

I would hope now that the trial is over the media will move on and let the Martian family and Zimmerman try to put their lives back together as best they can sadly I doubt that will happen.

They better write that book because there won't be a civil case. As Omara said he reserved the right to an immunity hearing and would schedule such a hearing immediately upon threat of any further action. As Zimmerman has already been acquitted undder Florida law he would be granted immunity immediately.

Link?

You didn't see the post verdict interview with the defense attorneys? Maybe it will be up by tomorrow.

I honestly thought zimmerman trial was nothing more than a distraction from the real problems we have as a society. And, I can understand why people are upset by the verdict but none of it will be solved by riots.But by reason and understanding we can solve these problems and be a much wiser and stronger society. Hopefully

Link?

Chapter 776: JUSTIFIABLE USE OF FORCE

776.032 Immunity from criminal prosecution and civil action for justifiable use of force.

(1) A person who uses force as permitted in s. 776.012, s. 776.013, or s. 776.031 is justified in using such force and is immune from criminal prosecution and civil action for the use of such force, unless the person against whom force was used is a law enforcement officer...

Law of Self Defense ? FL 776.032?Immunity from criminal prosecution and civil action for justifiable use of force.?

Forum List

Back