Lost in Space.

Watched both seasons. Kinda cheesy, but I got hooked. Family gets themselves out of impossible situations far too much. The robot is cool.

• Banned
Watched both seasons. Kinda cheesy, but I got hooked. Family gets themselves out of impossible situations far too much. The robot is cool.

I know what you mean, but I got drawn into it. The dialogue has wit, and the special effects are good. An Earth like planet, with a hostile climate.

I’ve noticed many lead characters are played by British actors; Toby Stevens (Maggie Smith’s son) in Lost in Space, and the guy who plays Rick Grimes in The Walking Dead.

I’ve just settled in to binge watching it. Anyone else seen it?

I liked it

Compared to the original, a better script and more serious acting. The Robot and Dr Smith kick ass

There will be one more season

It has been on every Saturday for years on MeTV.

I don’t get that.
Most likely the old Lost in Space series.
That's the only real Lost In Space. Specifically, the 1st season in B&W.
Lost in space origanally started as a cheesy si fi series many years ago. The one they are talking about is a cheesy remake of the origanal. They are redoing many old tv shows now. Possibly do to a lack of originality. Such as McGiver, Magnum PI and Hawaii 5o.

Looks as if season 3 will be the finale next year.

Do they ever manage to eat anything? Apart from Oreos?

And what happens to the chicken?
I believe the chicken is part of the crew and will be on season 3. They couldn't part with it.

She has to be fed too.

Anyway, so far I am enjoying it. A distraction from lockdown, and the visuals are good.

It has been on every Saturday for years on MeTV.

I don’t get that.
Most likely the old Lost in Space series.
That's the only real Lost In Space. Specifically, the 1st season in B&W.
Lost in space origanally started as a cheesy si fi series many years ago. The one they are talking about is a cheesy remake of the origanal. They are redoing many old tv shows now. Possibly do to a lack of originality. Such as McGiver, Magnum PI and Hawaii 5o.
The first season of LIS wasn't so cheesy. It actually started out as fairly serious SF drama. Almost a serial with a continuous story. It went to camp in the 2nd season.

I grew up watching the original series.
Dr. Smith was a quite a character both on and off the set. ... :cool:
Jon Harris MADE the series. Irwin Allen was a jackass and LIS would have been little better than Land Of The Giants had Harris not taken the role of Dr. Smith and rewritten it to make himself into a likable villain, with Will as his innocent sidekick and the camaraderie with the robot (and his endless robot insults), around which the entire success of the series was based.
The movie Lost In Space sucked eggs.

Forum List

Back