Lost in Space.

I’ve just settled in to binge watching it. Anyone else seen it?
I have the whole series on disk.
I watched the first few episodes and realized that I'm not 8 years old anymore.
Lost In Space is okay if you watch it a bit at a time.
The problem is....I have Tubi, Prime, and Vulu.....so I have too many other options.
Tubi is pretty neat. The commercials are few and far between.....as opposed to regular TVprogramming. You can go a 3rd of the way thru a movie on Tubi without a commercial. Regular TV programming is infuriating with the constant friggen commercials.

Last edited:
I grew up watching the original series.
Dr. Smith was a quite a character both on and off the set. ... :cool:
Jon Harris MADE the series. Irwin Allen was a jackass and LIS would have been little better than Land Of The Giants had Harris not taken the role of Dr. Smith and rewritten it to make himself into a likable villain, with Will as his innocent sidekick and the camaraderie with the robot (and his endless robot insults), around which the entire success of the series was based.
The movie Lost In Space sucked eggs.
It was cool way back in the 60s though.
I liked it better than watching a bunch of guys wearing suit and ties in regular television shows.

Jon Harris MADE the series. Irwin Allen was a jackass and LIS would have been little better than Land Of The Giants had Harris not taken the role of Dr. Smith and rewritten it to make himself into a likable villain, with Will as his innocent sidekick and the camaraderie with the robot (and his endless robot insults), around which the entire success of the series was based.
I liked it better than watching a bunch of guys wearing suit and ties in regular television shows.
It is still cool now. They can't do stuff like that anymore. But it helps to get a little stoned and invoke the child in you when watching it. The first half of the 1st season was perfectly suitable adult science fiction, then the writing slowly began shifting towards a younger audience. Some of it got plain stupid in the 2nd season.

It has been on every Saturday for years on MeTV.

I don’t get that.
Most likely the old Lost in Space series.
That's the only real Lost In Space. Specifically, the 1st season in B&W.
Lost in space origanally started as a cheesy si fi series many years ago. The one they are talking about is a cheesy remake of the origanal. They are redoing many old tv shows now. Possibly do to a lack of originality. Such as McGiver, Magnum PI and Hawaii 5o.
The first season of LIS wasn't so cheesy. It actually started out as fairly serious SF drama. Almost a serial with a continuous story. It went to camp in the 2nd season.
Lost in Space was on in the same time slot as Batman.
Batman was beating them with cheesy so they went cheesy and campy to compete

Last edited:
It is still cool now. They can't do stuff like that anymore. But it helps to get a little stoned and invoke the child in you when watching it. The first half of the 1st season was perfectly suitable adult science fiction, then the writing slowly began shifting towards a younger audience. Some of it got plain stupid in the 2nd season.
When you're stoned....just about anything looks cool. (Haven't been stoned in decades)
I bet being high would make Lost In Space open up a bit.

When you're stoned....just about anything looks cool. (Haven't been stoned in decades)
I bet being high would make Lost In Space open up a bit.
Even a simple drink helps. But I don't know about anything looking cool stoned. COOL stuff looks more cool stoned. Fucked up stuff looks REALLY fucked up stoned! THe early classic LIS had good elements of both sci-fi, adventure, drama, horror and comedy. Way better still than 99% of the new stuff on TV now.

Lost in space origanally started as a cheesy si fi series many years ago.

Actually, the first few episodes of LIS TOS were pretty serious. The threats to The Robinsons were pretty standard SciFi stock. But, the character of Dr. Smith was really evil. He was a Soviet spy on a mission to destroy the Jupiter mission.

The original scripts had Dr Smith going really dark but the show was re-tooled later in Season 1 and ended up going in a much different direction.

I somewhat enjoyed the first season but didn't even bother to finish the second season.

Actually, the first few episodes of LIS TOS were pretty serious. The threats to The Robinsons were pretty standard SciFi stock. But, the character of Dr. Smith was really evil. He was a Soviet spy on a mission to destroy the Jupiter mission.

The original scripts had Dr Smith going really dark but the show was re-tooled later in Season 1 and ended up going in a much different direction.

I’ve just finished episode 4. What a horrible woman! Or is she a he?

I’m in love with the robot. Reminds me of “The Shape of Water”.

Do you lot have to be so cynical? Spoiling it for me. I’m not even a fan of Disney.

I somewhat enjoyed the first season but didn't even bother to finish the second season.

Hey.

:4_13_65:

Do you lot have to be so cynical? Spoiling it for me. I’m not even a fan of Disney.
He is talking about the original LIS

He is talking about the original LIS

Yeah. Carry on confusing me.

I only want a simple life. :dunno:

It has been on every Saturday for years on MeTV.

I don’t get that.
Most likely the old Lost in Space series.
That's the only real Lost In Space. Specifically, the 1st season in B&W.
Lost in space origanally started as a cheesy si fi series many years ago. The one they are talking about is a cheesy remake of the origanal. They are redoing many old tv shows now. Possibly do to a lack of originality. Such as McGiver, Magnum PI and Hawaii 5o.
The first season of LIS wasn't so cheesy. It actually started out as fairly serious SF drama. Almost a serial with a continuous story. It went to camp in the 2nd season.
Lost in Space was on in the same time slot as Batman.
Batman was beating them with cheesy so they went cheesy and campy to compete
They softened the Dr. Smith character and he became popular. Then they centered the shows around him and the son with the robot and the guy who played the Dr. Smith character took control of the show. He was nowhere the same character who began that program at the end.

Forum List

Back