Lost in Space.

I’ve just settled in to binge watching it. Anyone else seen it?
It has been on every Saturday for years on MeTV.

I don’t get that.
Most likely the old Lost in Space series.
That's the only real Lost In Space. Specifically, the 1st season in B&W.
Lost in space origanally started as a cheesy si fi series many years ago. The one they are talking about is a cheesy remake of the origanal. They are redoing many old tv shows now. Possibly do to a lack of originality. Such as McGiver, Magnum PI and Hawaii 5o.
The first season of LIS wasn't so cheesy. It actually started out as fairly serious SF drama. Almost a serial with a continuous story. It went to camp in the 2nd season.
Lost in Space was on in the same time slot as Batman.
Batman was beating them with cheesy so they went cheesy and campy to compete
They softened the Dr. Smith character and he became popular. Then they centered the shows around him and the son with the robot and the guy who played the Dr. Smith character took control of the show. He was nowhere the same character who began that program at the end.
The show sucked after the first season

The best episode was the one with Michael Rennie collecting all those space creatures

1587335326468.png

Last edited:
They are redoing many old tv shows now. Possibly do to a lack of originality. Such as McGiver, Magnum PI and Hawaii 5o.
I loved the original MacGyver and watched the first two remake shows. One of the reasons I liked the original so much was that he never used guns or any violence unless he really had to. And he did some cool shit. The remake was awful, really lost the whole spirit of the original series. First episode had a huge gun battle. I gave it one more shot--same thing. It's some kind of demo of how much more gratuitous violence our country is lapping up.

They softened the Dr. Smith character and he became popular. Then they centered the shows around him and the son with the robot and the guy who played the Dr. Smith character took control of the show. He was nowhere the same character who began that program at the end.
That was all Jonathan Harris' doing, in order to make the character viable for the length of the series. The studio had nothing to do with planning that.

That was all Jonathan Harris' doing, in order to make the character viable for the length of the series. The studio had nothing to do with planning that.
I saw part of an interview some years ago with the woman who played the mother on the show. She said that that show had the first "queen" on a program.

Forum List

Back