Lost a suit against a gun dealer and got forced to pay 200K in legal fees

TNHarley

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2012
My Daughter Was Murdered in a Mass Shooting. Then I Was Ordered to Pay Her Killer’s Gun Dealer. – Mother Jones
Basically, her daughter was a victim of aurora. She decided to sue the gun dealer that sold the guy his ammo and it was thrown out. Forced to pay 200K in legal fees, now they are filing bankruptcy.
I hate the couple lost their child. I couldnt imagine.
Buuuuut thats what you get for not keeping your emotions in check. Should have known better! The gun dealer was NOT responsible for what that madman did!

My Daughter Was Murdered in a Mass Shooting. Then I Was Ordered to Pay Her Killer’s Gun Dealer. – Mother Jones
Basically, her daughter was a victim of aurora. She decided to sue the gun dealer that sold the guy his ammo and it was thrown out. Forced to pay 200K in legal fees, now they are filing bankruptcy.
Buuuuut thats what you get for not keeping your emotions in check. Should have known better! The gun dealer was NOT responsible for what that madman did!
More please.

I left my loaded gun by my front door. UPS, mailman, even some Mormons came to my door. Gun just sat there. Didn't even budge.
I have the laziest gun ever.

I left my loaded gun by my front door. UPS, mailman, even some Mormons came to my door. Gun just sat there. Didn't even budge.
I have the laziest gun ever.
Its the dealers fault. He sold you one of those inanimate guns. Those are worthless.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

I'm actually happy that they got their shit pushed in on this issue. Even the most commie, leftist judge could not find proximate causation.

They should sue their lawyer for legal malpractice and make him/her/it pay their legal fees judgment. Even a baby lawyer knows better than to sue the seller for the intentional acts of a third party not in the seller's control.

I wonder why the court let the plaintiffs attorney off the hook in paying the defendants legal fees. The lawyer should have known the dealer was exempt form such suits.

Forum List

Back