Loss of the Ice Mass in Antarctica. Increasing Sea Level Rise

Billo_Really

Litre of the Band
Aug 14, 2005
Long Beach, Ca
When Antarctica loses its glaciers, what are you going to say then?

The most recent gathering of scientists at the American Geophysical Union in Washington, DC, brought deeply troubling news about the Antarctic.

Jeremy Shakun, a paleoclimatologist at Boston College, told Science that the large increase in the loss of ice mass in Antarctica in the last decade or two could already be the beginning stage of the process of collapse of the Western Antarctic Ice Sheet.

Ice loss in the Antarctic has tripled in just the last decade alone, and is currently losing 219 billion metric tons of ice annually. That number is up from 73 billion metric tons per year as of a decade ago.
Climate change is not a debatable issue.

Eastern Antarctica has always been seen as a place virtually impervious to melting, and has often been referred to as the “last bastion” of stable ice on the planet.

However, recent data has shown that a group of glaciers covering 13 percent of the coastline of that side of the frozen continent are melting from below due to warming oceans.

We thought it had all melted?

al-gore-glaciers.jpg

The most recent gathering of scientists at the American Geophysical Union in Washington, DC, brought deeply troubling news about the Antarctic.

Jeremy Shakun, a paleoclimatologist at Boston College, told Science that the large increase in the loss of ice mass in Antarctica in the last decade or two could already be the beginning stage of the process of collapse of the Western Antarctic Ice Sheet.

Ice loss in the Antarctic has tripled in just the last decade alone, and is currently losing 219 billion metric tons of ice annually. That number is up from 73 billion metric tons per year as of a decade ago.

Eastern Antarctica has always been seen as a place virtually impervious to melting, and has often been referred to as the “last bastion” of stable ice on the planet.

However, recent data has shown that a group of glaciers covering 13 percent of the coastline of that side of the frozen continent are melting from below due to warming oceans.

Wait you didn't know the climate has always changed and always will??.

I would rather be happy not paying higher taxes rather than paying taxes and feeling cheated for nothing once they all melt away

And no, the Paris Accord was like putting a band aid on a cancer to a world economy that is obviously on life support.

Just ask the voters of France.

Oh, I've figured it out. It's like the drunk looking for his lost keys under the street light because the light is better there.

I'm glad the earth is warming, man made or not, I don't care, It's cold this morning where I am.

Oh, I've figured it out. It's like the drunk looking for his lost keys under the street light because the light is better there.

And why would I be drinking? You can't out debate me , never could...

Self declared victory is best victory.

But I will concede I've never been able to out debate invincible ignorance. It's called that for a reason, it is invincible after all.

You can't figure it can you propaganda tool
It is irrelevant data thrown in as a red herring, especially to sucker ignorant drunks. Worked a treat.

No it's not you loser, it shows no data in the lower hemisphere In the 1900s which I have been saying for 10 years

You don't have global temperature data so your warming by a 1.5 degrees Is a big fucking lie.

And I even posted yours

Self declared victory is best victory.

But I will concede I've never been able to out debate invincible ignorance. It's called that for a reason, it is invincible after all.

You can't win you don't have the data your a fraud like Michael Mann ,James Hansen, Cook .

No it's not you loser, it shows no data in the lower hemisphere In the 1900s which I have been saying for 10 years
You've been suckered, as you were intended to be suckered, into thinking that no daily recorded data means no data.

You're like the drunk looking for his lost keys under the street light because the light is better there.

Forum List

Back