longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
_104941906_c0a91006-7a62-43e3-8e80-0b12fb17b006.jpg

Just one of 40!

A map can be seen
@ Global Volcanism Program | Current Eruptions

And for those of living in Las Vegas, a reminder that there’s one just a bit over 100 miles to the west of us.

More about this one @ Etna erupts amid dozens of tremors

Just one of 40!

A map can be seen

And for those of living in Las Vegas, a reminder that there’s one just a bit over 100 miles to the west of us.

Yellowstone has been in the midst of a moderate quake storm for about two weeks now. This however, is not unusual for Yellowstone in winter.

Etna is not the only Strato-volcanic area that is showing unrest. In the Northern Hemisphere alone there are 9 volcanic regions showing signs of unrest, to include Mt St Helen's (Cascades Volcano Observatory), Alaska, among others. You can bet USGS, CVO, HVO, YVO and others are looking closely at tilt and elevation monitors, looking for crustal deformation.

Last edited:

Just one of 40!

A map can be seen

That picture is wonderful and terrifying at the same time. Hope people evacuate the area so no one will get hurt.
The one in Hawaii is still spewing and its been months now with no signs of slowing.

Just one of 40!

A map can be seen

Yellowstone has been in the midst of a moderate quake storm for about two weeks now. This however, is not unusual for Yellowstone in winter.

Etna is not the only Strato-volcanic area that is showing unrest. In the Northern Hemisphere alone there are 9 volcanic regions showing signs of unrest, to include Mt St Helen's, Alaska, among others. You can bet USGS, HVO, YVO and others are looking closely at tilt and elevation monitors, looking for crustal deformation.

You do realize that Mount St. Helens is not in Alaska I hope.

Just one of 40!

A map can be seen

Etna is not the only Strato-volcanic area that is showing unrest. In the Northern Hemisphere alone there are 9 volcanic regions showing signs of unrest, to include Mt St Helen's, Alaska, among others. You can bet USGS, HVO, YVO and others are looking closely at tilt and elevation monitors, looking for crustal deformation.

The Washington and Oregon regions are in moderate unrest. Which is in keeping with what is being seen in Yellowstone.

upload_2018-12-25_19-25-45.png

I have friends in all three of these regions... And yes I know where Mt St Helen's is...

Just one of 40!

A map can be seen

The Washington and Oregon regions are in moderate unrest. Which is in keeping with what is being seen in Yellowstone.

View attachment 236845

I have friends in all three of these regions... And yes I know where Mt St Helen's is...

If that is true, you need to fix your grammar because you said it was in Alaska. You need a conjunction, not a comma.Just sayin'! :D

Just one of 40!

A map can be seen

upload_2018-12-25_19-47-18.png

Actually, no, it is not spewing.

Just one of 40!

A map can be seen

That picture is wonderful and terrifying at the same time. Hope people evacuate the area so no one will get hurt.
The one in Hawaii is still spewing and its been months now with no signs of slowing.

Just one of 40!

A map can be seen

Depotoo "Actually, no, it is not spewing."
You think? Are you counting the depths? (see video)

None of the volcanoes in Hawaii are currently erupting. He used the word spew, thus did I.
Hawaiian Volcano Observatory

Just one of 40!

A map can be seen

None of the volcanoes in Hawaii are currently erupting. He used the word spew, thus did I.
Hawaiian Volcano Observatory

Just one of 40!

A map can be seen

It is still ejecting magma through the magma tunnels. So pardon me, its sort of an oozing rather than spewing...

Forum List

Back