Loonybird Romney believes Jesus Christ visted america!!!

Can anyone here show me one single, solitary instance where Mitt Romney's Mormon religion reared it's ugly head in some fashion while he was the Governor of Massachusetts? If not...then why are we wasting our time on such an idiotic string?

I don't want Romney for president any more than I want Scientologists like Tom Cruise or John Travolta for president.

I take it that the answer is no then?

Can anyone here show me one single, solitary instance where Mitt Romney's Mormon religion reared it's ugly head in some fashion while he was the Governor of Massachusetts? If not...then why are we wasting our time on such an idiotic string?

I don't want Romney for president any more than I want Scientologists like Tom Cruise or John Travolta for president.

So you can't come up with anything but rather than admit that...you lump Mormonism in with Scientology?

This is a bull shit string about a bull shit topic. We SHOULD be talking about competence and what the two candidates have DONE. Mitt Romney's religion was never an issue when he was the Governor of Massachusetts...why should it be an issue now?

So tell me, if Jesus Christ lives and is the Savior of the World, why wouldnt He visit people in America?

Why wouldn't He visit South America, Australia, Asia, Europe, and all the other places He decided to skip over? And why did it take Him so damn long (estimates are that humans have been on the planet in their present evolutionary form for 100,000 - 250,000 years) to grace us with His presence? Apparently he ain't the living savior of the world, by your own logic...

Since all experience of every kind is, after all, reactions going on inside the brain of the beholder, of course that perceiver can believe anything, even that she/he has no choice.

For psychologists, hallucinations are perceiving what is not there OR not perceiving what is there.
However, that makes hallucinations quite democratic; one person alone can't prove what perceptions are 'real' and what are not 'real', since real only exists in the very center trying to discern any differences. To 'know' what is 'real' it takes at least two other perceivers. Of course, then the first perceiver has to accept that the other two are 'really' there and then decide what they 'really' say.

Sound complex? That's why 'they' don't teach this fact except in Psychology and perhaps philosophy. Yes, there are some sophisticated sounding arguments that try to refute this, but any thought about the various sensory functions in the body lead back to electrical and chemical processes that are entirely, by definition, uniquely subjective.

If Jesus rose from the dead, don't you think a trip to America is a rather modest second achievement? Somehow, it seems too bad that the indigenous folks at the time had no written language so that we could know more of this visit. Still, choosing to believe this seems no more harmful than believing one will win the lottery. It must be said the Mormons tend to take care of their own, as well.

The rest of us may laugh at the concept that some guy in upper N.Y. state early in the nineteenth century got the only big, cosmic Facebook response from the Big Guy and no on else on earth at the time got the blog. Mr. Smith (pbuh) later had the only direct contact any human on earth has ever had - a direct view of God!

At the same time, how many have eaten Jesus' flesh and drunk his blood recently?

Looking at society, laughing or crying are compelling emotions. In religion as in politics, people seem to believe transparently impossible things.

"Mitt Romney's religion was never an issue when he was the Governor of Massachusetts...why should it be an issue now?"

He is running for president now, that is why.

Hmmmmm. Romney believes that Jesus Christ once visited America.

obama believes that Iran is no threat to us and is only in need of a good lecture to set them straight.

Which is a greater danger to this country?

Ohhhhh It's obama!

So tell me, if Jesus Christ lives and is the Savior of the World, why wouldnt He visit people in America?

Why wouldn't He visit South America, Australia, Asia, Europe, and all the other places He decided to skip over? And why did it take Him so damn long (estimates are that humans have been on the planet in their present evolutionary form for 100,000 - 250,000 years) to grace us with His presence? Apparently he ain't the living savior of the world, by your own logic...

What makes you think He didn't? And man was taught from the beginning of the coming of the Savior. That's why there are so many legends about it in various cultures.

Since all experience of every kind is, after all, reactions going on inside the brain of the beholder, of course that perceiver can believe anything, even that she/he has no choice.

For psychologists, hallucinations are perceiving what is not there OR not perceiving what is there.
However, that makes hallucinations quite democratic; one person alone can't prove what perceptions are 'real' and what are not 'real', since real only exists in the very center trying to discern any differences. To 'know' what is 'real' it takes at least two other perceivers. Of course, then the first perceiver has to accept that the other two are 'really' there and then decide what they 'really' say.

Sound complex? That's why 'they' don't teach this fact except in Psychology and perhaps philosophy. Yes, there are some sophisticated sounding arguments that try to refute this, but any thought about the various sensory functions in the body lead back to electrical and chemical processes that are entirely, by definition, uniquely subjective.

If Jesus rose from the dead, don't you think a trip to America is a rather modest second achievement? Somehow, it seems too bad that the indigenous folks at the time had no written language so that we could know more of this visit. Still, choosing to believe this seems no more harmful than believing one will win the lottery. It must be said the Mormons tend to take care of their own, as well.

The rest of us may laugh at the concept that some guy in upper N.Y. state early in the nineteenth century got the only big, cosmic Facebook response from the Big Guy and no on else on earth at the time got the blog. Mr. Smith (pbuh) later had the only direct contact any human on earth has ever had - a direct view of God!

At the same time, how many have eaten Jesus' flesh and drunk his blood recently?

Looking at society, laughing or crying are compelling emotions. In religion as in politics, people seem to believe transparently impossible things.

They did have a written language. That's where we got the Book of Mormon from.

It's documented history that the consquistadors destroys many of the records of pre cololumbian civilizations during their conquest.

And no. Joseph wasnt the only one who had direct contact at all. In fact, one of the amazing things about the Restoration is that the Lord revealed Himself to countless witnesses.

For example, there were a number of witnesses present when Joseph and Sydney saw the vision which describes the 3 Degrees of glory. In this vision they saw The Father and the Son:

And now, after the many testimonies which have been given of him, this is the testimony, last of all, which we give of him: That he lives!

For we saw him, even on the right hand of God; and we heard the voice bearing record that he is the Only Begotten of the Father—

That by him, and through him, and of him, the worlds are and were created, and the inhabitants thereof are begotten sons and daughters unto God (D&C 76:22-24)

Christ appeared to both Joseph and Oliver in the Kirtland Temple:

The veil was taken from our minds, and the eyes of our understanding were opened.

We saw the Lord standing upon the breastwork of the pulpit, before us; and under his feet was a paved work of pure gold, in color like amber.

His eyes were as a flame of fire; the hair of his head was white like the pure snow; his countenance shone above the brightness of the sun; and his voice was as the sound of the rushing of great waters, even the voice of Jehovah, saying:

I am the first and the last; I am he who liveth, I am he who was slain; I am your advocate with the Father.

Behold, your sins are forgiven you; you are clean before me; therefore, lift up your heads and rejoice.

Let the hearts of your brethren rejoice, and let the hearts of all my people rejoice, who have, with their might, built this house to my name.

For behold, I have accepted this house, and my name shall be here; and I will manifest myself to my people in mercy in this house.

Yea, I will appear unto my servants, and speak unto them with mine own voice, if my people will keep my commandments, and do not pollute this holy house. (D&C 110:1-8)

In fact, with the exception of the First vision, every major vision of God/Angels/messengers had multiple witnesses.

The Three witnesses saw Moroni and the plates along with Joseph.
Oliver was present with Joseph at the Restoration of the Aaronic and Melchesidek Priesthood, along with the later restoration of the Priesthood keys in the Kirtland Temple
As mentioned, Sidney and others were with Joseph when they recieved the Revelation of the 3 degrees of Glory.
God the Father and Jesus Christ appeared to the entire School of the Prophets.

And the scriptures also testify that many saw God. Moses saw God. As did a number of the Elders of Israel at the time. Isaiah saw God. In fact, many Old Testament Prophets saw God. Jacob (Israel) wrestled with God.

Their witnesses are available to us in the Bible. They can be read. And yet, you dont have to take their word for it because the Lord provides a way for all men to learn for themselves and that is the same way Peter did: Revelation from God.

And the Lord will allow people to Enter His presence when they are properly prepared.

Finally, There are plenty of people who take of the flesh and blood of Christ in countless Churches every week. There is also plenty of reason to believe that God would teach His Word and visit more people than just those in Jerusalem in the merdian of time and that these people would likewise record their experiences that the Lord will bring forth in His own due time to bless people and to test them.

(This one is dedicated!)

What is '4,3,2,1' the count down to?

My impression was the the Book of Mormon was written in Reformed Hieroglyphics, something developed from the Egyptian language. The 'Indians' presented no evidence of writing in upper NY. They did in Central America, and the Spanish did their usual work there. Some documents escaped, but no mention of Moroni.

OK, let's get back to what was stated about sensory awareness. Does Mormonism deny human anatomy and functioning? Are you aware that you are only aware of that which you are aware?

Last edited:
(This one is dedicated!)

What is '4,3,2,1' the count down to?

My impression was the the Book of Mormon was written in Reformed Hieroglyphics, something developed from the Egyptian language. The 'Indians' presented no evidence of writing in upper NY. They did in Central America, and the Spanish did their usual work there. Some documents escaped, but no mention of Moroni.

OK, let's get back to what was stated about sensory awareness. Does Mormonism deny human anatomy and functioning? Are you aware that you are only aware of that which you are aware?

Considering the Book of Mormon likely talks about the inhabitants of Central America given the context of the Book of Mormon, I don't see how your points really hurt it's credibility.

Nor am I really sure what human anatomy and functioning have to do with anything.

The brain. The central nervous system. Perceptions and their functioning. They have absolutely everything to do with everything human.

Religion is entirely personal. The problem with it is that people insist on externalizing it.

All mormons believe it. This is space alien crap.

Book of Mormon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Book of Mormon has a number of original and distinctive doctrinal discussions on subjects such as the fall of Adam and Eve,[6] the nature of the Atonement,[7] eschatology, redemption from physical and spiritual death,[8] and the organization of the latter-day church. The pivotal event of the book is an appearance of Jesus Christ to the Americas shortly after his resurrection

Are you truly that ignorant of Mormon Beliefs??? It's like you are shouting from the roof top about your ignorance.

"Islam is cool though"

Many here are cool toward it.

Well France is more run by Islam now than not. No telling what would happen to you, or your car, if you put down Islam. Mormon's at worst might interrupt you watching "The View", or "CNN", if you get that there, ringing your door bell. ;)

"Well France is more run by Islam now than not."

It is not usually a good thing to speak on a subject one knows nothing about.

The Moslem population of of France is maximum 8% and it does not seriously impact French life or politics. Sharia law is much closer to being practiced in England. It will never fly in France.

Reading to gain wider world views would help improve accuracy next time..

Last edited:

Forum List

Back