Loonybird Romney believes Jesus Christ visted america!!!

Hmmmmm. Romney believes that Jesus Christ once visited America.

obama believes that Iran is no threat to us and is only in need of a good lecture to set them straight.

Which is a greater danger to this country?

Ohhhhh It's obama!

Boy are you up to date. lol

Religion is entirely personal. The problem with it is that people insist on externalizing it.

I disagree. Pure religion is to take care of the widow and the fatherless and to remain unspotted from the world. It teaches us how to communicate with God and how we are to treat our fellow man. It's not just about the individual, but it's about the community as well.

The Atonement wasnt just to reconcile us with God, but also with our fellow man.

You know

Maybe non-believers of a religion should look less at "what a believer believes" and more at "What a believer derives from his belief"

If I only concetrated on what people believed, I will find myself in all types of loony tuniness.

Now If I look at what they derive from their beliefs, then much of that looniness drops off and more of a sensible framework takes place.

I wonder--can you "De-Mysterfy" a religion? Can you remove the fantastical claims, miracles, and the stuff I consider loony or not possible and find the true basis/justification for its laws or commandments?

Try it yourselves, then you probably will conclude religion does have a pertinent side.

One need not do anything to be re-united with the sources of the universe and life. Doing nothing is being unified. Starting from that, unification can be maintained.
In fact, unity is always there, but that is too much information and not enough.

You know

Maybe non-believers of a religion should look less at "what a believer believes" and more at "What a believer derives from his belief"

If I only concetrated on what people believed, I will find myself in all types of loony tuniness.

Now If I look at what they derive from their beliefs, then much of that looniness drops off and more of a sensible framework takes place.

I wonder--can you "De-Mysterfy" a religion? Can you remove the fantastical claims, miracles, and the stuff I consider loony or not possible and find the true basis/justification for its laws or commandments?

Try it yourselves, then you probably will conclude religion does have a pertinent side.

Do what you ask and you have secular humanism not that the believers would ever allow that.

All mormons believe it. This is space alien crap.

Book of Mormon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Book of Mormon has a number of original and distinctive doctrinal discussions on subjects such as the fall of Adam and Eve,[6] the nature of the Atonement,[7] eschatology, redemption from physical and spiritual death,[8] and the organization of the latter-day church. The pivotal event of the book is an appearance of Jesus Christ to the Americas shortly after his resurrection

i don't think it's any sillier than any other religious belief.

i find the whole concept of a bible that came out of the councill of nicea kind of bizarre.

but people believe what they believe.

Love is also "silly" but remains a force in life.

He did.

He is the Savior the whole world after all.

The belief that there were prophets on earth a couple thousand years ago, then they CEASED to exist on earth, has always seemed odd to me.

It is an odd belief. In fact, I think Oliver Cowdery summed it up nicely:

“After writing the account given of the Savior’s ministry to the remnant of the seed of Jacob, upon this continent, it was easy to be seen, as the prophet said it would be, that darkness covered the earth and gross darkness the minds of the people. On reflecting further it was as easy to be seen that amid the great strife and noise concerning religion, none had authority from God to administer the ordinances of the Gospel. For the question might be asked, have men authority to administer in the name of Christ, who deny revelations, when His testimony is no less than the spirit of prophecy, and His religion based, built, and sustained by immediate revelations, in all ages of the world when He has had a people on earth? If these facts were buried, and carefully concealed by men whose craft would have been in danger if once permitted to shine in the faces of men, they were no longer to us; and we only waited for the commandment to be given ‘Arise and be baptized.’

If God is the same as He was in ages past, then logically He speaks to man, He calls Prophets, and provides continuing scripture to man.

[
Religious intolerance. It sickens me. Much like racism.

Most religions are political movements. They call themselves religions so fools will leave them alone. Mormons are part of the NWO movement.

This is not the forum to discuss your beliefs on religion.

A forum devoted to religion and ethics is not the place to discuss religion? Where would you have it done, in the stock market forum?

Those councils of love are not coercive.

You are not a consistent thinker, that is for certain.

When someone can tell me how a 600 year old man convinced two of every animal on earth to climb on a boat... yeah..I really don't care what Mormons believe as long as their beliefs don't require me to believe it too.

God wants a willing heart and a willing mind. It's completely contrary to the Gospel to force anything.

Those councils of love are not coercive.

You are not a consistent thinker, that is for certain.

When someone can tell me how a 600 year old man convinced two of every animal on earth to climb on a boat... yeah..I really don't care what Mormons believe as long as their beliefs don't require me to believe it too.

God wants a willing heart and a willing mind. It's completely contrary to the Gospel to force anything.

I dont have a Urim and Thumim. You need to speak clearly if you want people to understand what you're trying to say.

All mormons believe it. This is space alien crap.

Book of Mormon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Book of Mormon has a number of original and distinctive doctrinal discussions on subjects such as the fall of Adam and Eve,[6] the nature of the Atonement,[7] eschatology, redemption from physical and spiritual death,[8] and the organization of the latter-day church. The pivotal event of the book is an appearance of Jesus Christ to the Americas shortly after his resurrection

Let's hear it from the radical left that they are determined to exercise their 1st Amendment right to express their religious bigotry. It will definitely clear the political air.

I see no reason to mock nor be critical. I have heard Baptist preachers say GOD IS EVERYWHERE. If any of us knew ALL, WE would not be here.

New Topics

Forum List

Back