Looks like we have a real insurgency to deal with now

GotZoom said:
I think they should walk around with semi-automatic weapons and shirts that say...By Whatever Means Necessary.

has martial law been declared? It doesn't happen many times in our Republic, but it looks like this might be a good time to do it in this region. If we are under martial law then we can shoot on sight.

I've also been concerned that this may be a perfect opportunity for terrorists to strike. We are very distracted with helping the people get food and water. If i were Osama or one of his liuetenants I would think this would be the perfect time to strike at us.

I mean look at what has happened. we lose the city of New Orleans in one day. It's not even a super major city, but because of our oil refineries happen to be down there it has seriously damaged our economy. If I were part of Al Queda, I would be looking for other major cities or even minor cities where transportation is major or where we have more oil refineries to take them out and possibly make the economy colapse from the weight of the high gas prices. If prices get too high Airlines and trucking will cease. With travel and transport gone we might not have an economy, and if we have no economy we will suffer problems alot worse than the Great Depression, we may suffer the destruction of our Republic. Can you imagine what would happen if Terrorist did strike some other cities? If even one or two cities were hit there would be widespread panic and anarchy in the streets in all the rest of the cities.

Sad to say it but we are very vunerable here. If we don't do what we can to fix this fast our enemies might act before we do.

dilloduck said:
Agreed--There is MORE than enough justification to simply issue shoot to kill orders---NOT shooting these thugs would be abetting the deaths of those who could have been helped. We got anybody with the balls enough to issue this order. Probably not---the ACLU have got everyone cowering like babies.

If the orders had to come from anyone it would probably be the President. For one, he seems the likely candidate. Two, he has no chance of being reelected again, a large amount of people already hate him so it's not like feeling for him could get much worse.

Martial law declared around New Orleans
NEW ORLEANS, Aug. 30 (UPI) -- Martial law was declared in New Orleans midday Tuesday as the city continued flooding from at least two levees damaged by Hurricane Katrina.

Related Headlines
New Orleans flood waters start receding (September 1, 2005) -- Post-hurricane flood waters as deep as 20 feet began to recede in New Orleans Thursday as the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers wrestled with levee ... > full story

New Orleans levee repair 'frenzied' (August 31, 2005) -- The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, state and city officials scrambled Wednesday to repair two damaged levees that have flooded most of New ... > full story

Levee breaks flood New Orleans (August 30, 2005) -- Water from Lake Pontchartrain threatened New Orleans' historic French Quarter Tuesday after the tourist mecca was spared the brunt of Hurricane ... > full story

Water rising in post-Katrina New Orleans (August 30, 2005) -- At least two levees protecting New Orleans have been breached and water levels continued to rise Tuesday morning, WWL TV, New Orleans reported. The ... > full story

Katrina kills 80, New Orleans floods (August 30, 2005) -- Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour said Tuesday that Hurricane Katrina killed as many as 80 people in his state and burst levees in Louisiana flooded New ... > full story

WWL-TV, New Orleans, which evacuated its studios earlier, reported airlifts of sandbags had been ordered as water flooded along the city's landmark Canal Street. No one but emergency personnel was being allowed into the city, whose two airports were under water. Looting was reported.

Mayor Ray Nagin said bodies have been seen floating in floodwaters, although neither city nor Louisiana state officials had issued a preliminary death toll.

Nagin said the city's Twin Span Bridge is "totally destroyed" and that 80 percent of the city is underwater. New Orleans is 6 feet below sea level, and reliant on levees to hold back water from Lake Ponchartrain.

He also predicted there would be no electricity in the city for four to six weeks. Natural gas leaks were also reported throughout the city, CNN reported.

CSM said:
Martial law declared around New Orleans
NEW ORLEANS, Aug. 30 (UPI) -- Martial law was declared in New Orleans midday Tuesday as the city continued flooding from at least two levees damaged by Hurricane Katrina.

Related Headlines
New Orleans flood waters start receding (September 1, 2005) -- Post-hurricane flood waters as deep as 20 feet began to recede in New Orleans Thursday as the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers wrestled with levee ... > full story

New Orleans levee repair 'frenzied' (August 31, 2005) -- The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, state and city officials scrambled Wednesday to repair two damaged levees that have flooded most of New ... > full story

Levee breaks flood New Orleans (August 30, 2005) -- Water from Lake Pontchartrain threatened New Orleans' historic French Quarter Tuesday after the tourist mecca was spared the brunt of Hurricane ... > full story

Water rising in post-Katrina New Orleans (August 30, 2005) -- At least two levees protecting New Orleans have been breached and water levels continued to rise Tuesday morning, WWL TV, New Orleans reported. The ... > full story

Katrina kills 80, New Orleans floods (August 30, 2005) -- Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour said Tuesday that Hurricane Katrina killed as many as 80 people in his state and burst levees in Louisiana flooded New ... > full story

WWL-TV, New Orleans, which evacuated its studios earlier, reported airlifts of sandbags had been ordered as water flooded along the city's landmark Canal Street. No one but emergency personnel was being allowed into the city, whose two airports were under water. Looting was reported.

Mayor Ray Nagin said bodies have been seen floating in floodwaters, although neither city nor Louisiana state officials had issued a preliminary death toll.

Nagin said the city's Twin Span Bridge is "totally destroyed" and that 80 percent of the city is underwater. New Orleans is 6 feet below sea level, and reliant on levees to hold back water from Lake Ponchartrain.

He also predicted there would be no electricity in the city for four to six weeks. Natural gas leaks were also reported throughout the city, CNN reported.

I just posted in the legal section regarding martial law---apparently there is a legal SNAFU ( shock) about declaring martial law. :bsflag:

I am not sure (obviously) but it seems to me that the Federal Government could impose martial law at the request of the governor....

CSM said:
I am not sure (obviously) but it seems to me that the Federal Government could impose martial law at the request of the governor....

LMAO--have you seen her???-----she needs more treatment than the refugees--she has no fricking clue--pitiful

I haven't heard the word racism used yet, but the media sure are preying on the desperation.

There was a story on the news last night and they interviewed people stranded on a bridge, they'd been airlifted there the night before. One woman said "they just left us here to die". I don't understand why some will automatically start blaiming others instead of realizing that there are thousands of people who need help.

I feel for her because they're not getting any info and the military is still to busy saving people off roof tops to ferry people to shelters. But, at least she is safe and dry.

Trigg said:
I haven't heard the word racism used yet, but the media sure are preying on the desperation.

There was a story on the news last night and they interviewed people stranded on a bridge, they'd been airlifted there the night before. One woman said "they just left us here to die". I don't understand why some will automatically start blaiming others instead of realizing that there are thousands of people who need help.

I feel for her because they're not getting any info and the military is still to busy saving people off roof tops to ferry people to shelters. But, at least she is safe and dry.

Thousands and thousands of people with "attitudes". Scarey

Mr. P said:
We already have 5-6 shelters here in Ga. Man you should hear these people...we have to make life PERFECT for them RIGHT THE F'K NOW!!! Send em back!!!

They are coming to MY apartment complex to join me and the illegal aliens who are allowed to run amok all fricking day cause the management is afraid of getting getting sued. WTF???? I'm screwed.

The people down there need to stop fucking around. Bitching about how Mother Government (praise and obey!) couldn't manage to properly suckle you isn't doing shit. Bush doing a photo op with a teary eye and quivering lip will not part the waters of New Orleans like the Red Sea.

Simply, martial law needs to be imposed. Extreme? No. A city belonging to the world Superpower looks like a city belonging to a third-world shithole. At this point its quite clear we won't be looking back on this in twenty years and praising the unity and kindness of strangers in the city. The police are in way over their heads. Send in more National Guard or regular Army MPs, and kick their asses, no habeus corpus, no holds barred.

CSM said:
I just got word that my old unit and two of my sons (both National Guard) are being sent down there. They both just got back from Iraq 6 months ago.

Makes me wonder just how thin our troop strength really is!
national guard units from wisconsin and ohio, specifically military police units, heading down there.

I heard on the radio last night that an Arkansas National Guard MP
unit was on the way to NO with a standing "shoot to kill" order.

I was a bit surprised, but I think it's necessary.

Anyone else hear of this?

Mr. P said:
I heard on the radio last night that an Arkansas National Guard MP
unit was on the way to NO with a standing "shoot to kill" order.

I was a bit surprised, but I think it's necessary.

Anyone else hear of this?

Haven't heard about it but it's about time--these black gangs are holding thousands of people hostage who are dying while officials try to figure out what to do. These thugs deserve nothing but a bullet between the eyes for what they are doing.

Trigg said:

heard it on the news this morning. for whatever its worth, good morning America had some black dude (a laywer i think for the naacp), saying that if it was the other way around with the stats, then there would be help all over the place

dilloduck said:
Haven't heard about it but it's about time--these black gangs are holding thousands of people hostage who are dying while officials try to figure out what to do. These thugs deserve nothing but a bullet between the eyes for what they are doing.
hey now... this is America! there are, apparently, opportunities around every corner. no matter what the weather :firing:

Forum List

Back