Looks like Baghdad imploding

ChrL 11014076
I quoted HIS own words during a transcripted interview. There is also AUDIO included in that link.

Before you were mistaken, now you are lying. You quote exact words but you left out the context from the actual FBI official transcripts that the quote was regarding a 2000 speech prior to the 2001 attacks by Al Qaeda on US soil. In 2002 SH was fully public that he had no WMD.

You could not have read what I posted but you lie as if what I posted does not exist.

The FBI transcripts are the full record of Agent Piro's interviews with SH. Scott Pelly's transcript is quite incomplete.

You need to investigate further than a short TV interview about something if you desire full knowledge. If you wish to be sheep in Bush43's flock keep doing what you are doing - skimming headlines and cherry picking. We see what you are doing.

ChrL 11014076
I quoted HIS own words during a transcripted interview. There is also AUDIO included in that link.

Before you were mistaken, now you are lying. You quote exact words but you left out the context from the actual FBI official transcripts that the quote was regarding a 2000 speech prior to the 2001 attacks by Al Qaeda on US soil. In 2002 SH was fully public that he had no WMD.

You could not have read what I posted but you lie as if what I posted does not exist.

The FBI transcripts are the full record of Agent Piro's interviews with SH. Scott Pelly's transcript is quite incomplete.

You need to investigate further than a short TV interview about something if you desire full knowledge. If you wish to be sheep in Bush43's flock keep doing what you are doing - skimming headlines and cherry picking. We see what you are doing.

I'm lying? No, those are the words of the man himself and include audio tape. The fact is that Saddam wanted the world to think he had chemical weapons because he was frightened of Iran.

Nothing you posted negates that fact.

People that enable radicals? Of course, I would. Why wouldn't I. Why wouldn't you?

So you hate all human 'bad' beings that practice Islam because you agreed that all Islam's followers are enablers of radical Islam.

"non-radical islamists .... are enablers of the radicals."

you replied to that statement (ChrL 11009456) "I totally believe that to be truth."

You hate and despise every single Muslim on the planet. You said so right there.

ChrL 11013475
t's no secret that Saddam Hussein was a psychotic lunatic who had used chemical weapons on his OWN people

I don't disagree with that. So what is your point other than to run from another direct response by me to one of your posts?

We were addressing the timeframe of 2002 and 2003,and Bush's decision to put an end to peaceful inspections in order to start the war that Iraqis continue to blame for the continuous violence the erupted ever since.

UN inspectors following UN Res 1441 that gave SH a final opportunity to comply and stay in power lunatic and killer and all, were not there to inspect the gassing of the Kurds decades earlier.

They were there to see if SH had an active WMD program plus stockpiles of CW that could end up in Al Qaeda hands. That was a legitimate concern and the inspectors would have ascertained the same occlusion that 12,years of war and sectarian violence also reached. SH had no active stockpiles or WMD programs.

Nosy you ignorant Iraq-invasion UN-trashing fools are going down the same path with regard to Iran.

I don't know what the hell "time period" you are referring to, and that is irrelevant. The facts are that Saddam WANTED people to believe he had chemical weapons. He said so himself. Now, if you are going to try and refute that claim, post a link that refutes it.

People that enable radicals? Of course, I would. Why wouldn't I. Why wouldn't you?

So you hate all human 'bad' beings that practice Islam because you agreed that all Islam's followers are enablers of radical Islam.

"non-radical islamists .... are enablers of the radicals."

you replied to that statement (ChrL 11009456) "I totally believe that to be truth."

You hate and despise every single Muslim on the planet. You said so right there.

Yep. I hate Islam. It is a hateful and intolerant cult.

NY TIMES: SADDAM'S GERNERALS BELIEVED THEY HAD WMD TO REPEL US
by MONTANA NEWS ASSOCIATION

by Jim Kouri
March 14, 2006
The New York Times reports that just prior to the United States lead invasion, Iraq's dictator Saddam Hussein informed his top generals that he had destroyed his stockpiles of chemical weapons three months before their war plans meeting.

According to the Times report, the generals all believed Iraq had weapons of mass destruction and were counting on the WMD to repel the oncoming coalition invaders.

http://www.montanasnews.tv/articles.php?mode=view&id=3947

Now, why would Saddam's OWN generals believe he had WMD? Because THAT is what he led them to believe, as well as the rest of the world.

ChrL11014398
I'm lying? No, those are the words of the man himself and include audio tape. The fact is that Saddam wanted the world to think he had chemical weapons because he was frightened of Iran.

ChrL 11014407
I don't know what the hell "time period" you are referring to, and that is irrelevant. The facts are that Saddam WANTED people to believe he had chemical weapons. He said so himself. Now, if you are going to try and refute that claim, post a link that refutes it.

I already did but perhaps you don't know how to use the expand button.

Basically Saddam said 'those words' about his charade in response to a question about a speech in 2000; "Para 3: SSA Piro then asked Hussein if he wrote his own speeches and they come from the heart, then what was the meaning of his June 2000 speech."

Here is the link and the informative transcript of it:

http://www2.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/NSAEBB/NSAEBB279/24.pdf

US Department of Justice Federal Bureau of Investigation Baghdad Operations Center June 11, 2004

Unfortunately for your argument ChrisL that non-admission policy by Saddam Hussein officially ended in September 2002 when Iraq's Foreign Minister read a letter during a United Nations General Assembly stating quite clearly that Iraq did not have WMD. The letter was signed by Naji Sabri Minister for Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Iraq" on September 16, 2002. It is addressed to Mr. Kofi Annan, The Secretary General of the United Nations Here are some relevant excerpts:

Confirmation of letters sent by Dr Naji Sabri Minister of Foreign Affairs under President Saddam Hussein - a Freedom of Information request to Foreign and Commonwealth Office - WhatDoTheyKnow

What you have done ChrisL is get yourself all worked up over the FBI Special Agent Piro's interview with Saddam Hussein after he was captured without looking into the timeline of which SA Piro was discussing. You see the above letter signed by Naji Sabri in September coincides with the Piro report had you bothered to read it. I am posting relevant parts of the Piro Report for you edification on this matter. I have bolded in blue points you need to look at ChrisL if you wish to be honestly informed about all this. A key point is bolded in red. What you cited ChrisL was a conversation between Piro and SH regarding his 2000 speech. Bush ordered the US invasion of Iraq in 2003 in case you were not aware of that.

US Department of Justice Federal Bureau of Investigation Baghdad Operations Center June 11, 2004

Para 1: While engaging SSA George L. Piro in casual conversation, Saddam Hussein providing the following information regarding Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD):

Para 2: [conversation about Saddam’s Speeches]

Para 3: SSA Piro then asked Hussein if he wrote his own speeches and they come from the heart, then what was the meaning of his June 2000 speech. Hussein replied this speech was meant to serve a regional and an operational purpose. Regionally, the speech was meant to respond to Iraq's regional threat. Hussein believed that Iraq could not appear weak to his enemies, especially Iran. Iraq was being threatened by others in the region and must be able to defend himself. Operationally, Hussein was demonstrating Iraq's compliance with the United Nations (UN) in its destruction of its Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD).

Para 4: [Hussein discusses Iran’s threat to Iraq & other nations in the region are too weak in the face of Iran.]

Para 5: Hussein continued his dialogue on the issues relating to the significant threat to Iraq from Iran.Even though Hussein claimed Iraq didn’t have WMD, the threat from Iran was the major factor as to why he did not allow the return of the UN inspectors. Hussein stated he was more concerned about Iran discovering Iraq’s weaknesses and vulnerabilities than the repercussions of the United States for his refusal to allow UN inspectors back into Iraq. In his opinion, the UN inspectors would have directly identified to the Iranians where to inflict maximum damage to Iraq. [Hussein gives an analogy about the forearm and wrist] Hussein indicated he was angered when the United States struck Iraq in 1998. Hussein stated Iraq could have absorbed another United States strike for he viewed this as less of a threat than exposing themselves to Iran.

Para 6: [discussion about Iran’s weapons capabilities and the war of the cities between Iraq and Iran.]

Para 7: Hussein recognized that Iran continued to develop its weapons capabilities, to include its WMD,while Iraq had lost its weapons capabilities due to the UN inspections and sanctions. Hussein was asked how Iraq would have dealt with the threat from Iran once the UN sanction were lifted. Hussein replied Iraq would have been extremely vulnerable to an attack from Iran, and would have sought a security agreement with the United States to protect it from threats in the region. Hussein felt such an agreement would not only have benefitted Iraq, but its neighbors, such as Saudi Arabia.

SSA Piro agrees that such an agreement would have assisted Iraq immensely. SSA Piro noted due to the history between the two countries, it would have taken some time before the United States would have entered into such an agreement with Iraq.

Para 8: Further, SSA Piro advised Hussein that paragraph 14 of UN Resolution 687 states that the disarming of Iraq was part of a total disarmament of the entire region, however , that portion of resolution was not enforceable. The threat from Iran would have loomed over Iraq, especially as Iran had continued to advance its weapons capabilities. SSA Piro commented that under those circumstances, it would appear that Iraq would have needed to reconstitute its own weapons program in response. Hussein replied that Iraq would have done what was necessary and agree that Iraq’s technical and scientific abilities exceeded others in the region.

Para 9: Hussein commented he allowed the UN inspectors back into Iraq to counter allegations by the British Government. Hussein stated this was a very difficult decision to make, but the British Government had prepared a report containing inaccurate intelligence. It was this inaccurate intelligence on which the United States was making their decisions. However, Hussein admitted that when it was clear that a war with the United States was imminent, he allowed the inspectors back into Iraq in hopes of averting war.Yet, it became clear to him four months before the war that the war was inevitable.

Para 10: Hussein reiterated he had wanted to have a relationship with the United States but was not given the chance, as the United States was not listening to anything Iraq had to say. Further he was concerned about the United States advanced technological capabilities and resources.

Para 11: [talk about evasive actions when Hussein was President]

Para 12: [not WMD related]

Para 13: [not WMD related]

This is what you cited:

ChrL 11013525
"So why keep the secret? Why put your nation at risk, why put your own life at risk to maintain this charade?" Pelley asks.

"It was very important for him to project that because that was what kept him, in his mind, in power. That capability kept the Iranians away. It kept them from reinvading Iraq," Piro says.
t

Last edited:

I already did but perhaps you don't know hoe to use the expand button.

Basically Saddam said 'those words' about his charade in response to a question about a speech in 2000; "Para 3: SSA Piro then asked Hussein if he wrote his own speeches and they come from the heart, then what was the meaning of his June 2000 speech."

Unfortunately for your argument ChrisL that non-admission policy by Saddam Hussein officially ended in September 2002 when Iraq's Foreign Minister read a letter during a United Nations General Assembly stating quite clearly that Iraq did not have WMD. The letter was signed by Naji Sabri Minister for Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Iraq" on September 16, 2002. It is addressed to Mr. Kofi Annan, The Secretary General of the United Nations Here are some relevant excerpts:
Confirmation of letters sent by Dr Naji Sabri Minister of Foreign Affairs under President Saddam Hussein - a Freedom of Information request to Foreign and Commonwealth Office - WhatDoTheyKnow

What you have done ChrisL is get yourself all worked up over the FBI Special Agent Piro's interview with Saddam Hussein after he was captured without looking into the timeline of which SA Piro was discussing. You see the above letter signed by Naji Sabri in September coincides with the Piro report had you bothered to read it. I am posting relevant parts of the Piro Report for you edification on this matter. I have bolded in blue points you need to look at ChrisL if you wish to be honestly informed about all this. A key point is bolded in red. What you cited ChrisL was a conversation between Piro and SH regarding his 2000 speech. Bush ordered the US invasion of Iraq in 2003 in case you were not aware of that.

Para 1: While engaging SSA George L. Piro in casual conversation, Saddam Hussein providing the following information regarding Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD):

Para 3: SSA Piro then asked Hussein if he wrote his own speeches and they come from the heart, then what was the meaning of his June 2000 speech. Hussein replied this speech was meant to serve a regional and an operational purpose. Regionally, the speech was meant to respond to Iraq's regional threat. Hussein believed that Iraq could not appear weak to his enemies, especially Iran. Iraq was being threatened by others in the region and must be able to defend himself. Operationally, Hussein was demonstrating Iraq's compliance with the United Nations (UN) in its destruction of its Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD).

Para 4: [Hussein discusses Iran’s threat to Iraq & other nations in the region are too weak in the face of Iran.]

Para 5: Hussein continued his dialogue on the issues relating to the significant threat to Iraq from Iran.Even though Hussein claimed Iraq didn’t have WMD, the threat from Iran was the major factor as to why he did not allow the return of the UN inspectors. Hussein stated he was more concerned about Iran discovering Iraq’s weaknesses and vulnerabilities than the repercussions of the United States for his refusal to allow UN inspectors back into Iraq. In his opinion, the UN inspectors would have directly identified to the Iranians where to inflict maximum damage to Iraq. [Hussein gives an analogy about the forearm and wrist] Hussein indicated he was angered when the United States struck Iraq in 1998. Hussein stated Iraq could have absorbed another United States strike for he viewed this as less of a threat than exposing themselves to Iran.

Para 6: [discussion about Iran’s weapons capabilities and the war of the cities between Iraq and Iran.]

Para 7: Hussein recognized that Iran continued to develop its weapons capabilities, to include its WMD,while Iraq had lost its weapons capabilities due to the UN inspections and sanctions. Hussein was asked how Iraq would have dealt with the threat from Iran once the UN sanction were lifted. Hussein replied Iraq would have been extremely vulnerable to an attack from Iran, and would have sought a security agreement with the United States to protect it from threats in the region. Hussein felt such an agreement would not only have benefitted Iraq, but its neighbors, such as Saudi Arabia.

SSA Piro agrees that such an agreement would have assisted Iraq immensely. SSA Piro noted due to the history between the two countries, it would have taken some time before the United States would have entered into such an agreement with Iraq.

Para 8: Further, SSA Piro advised Hussein that paragraph 14 of UN Resolution 687 states that the disarming of Iraq was part of a total disarmament of the entire region, however , that portion of resolution was not enforceable. The threat from Iran would have loomed over Iraq, especially as Iran had continued to advance its weapons capabilities. SSA Piro commented that under those circumstances, it would appear that Iraq would have needed to reconstitute its own weapons program in response. Hussein replied that Iraq would have done what was necessary and agree that Iraq’s technical and scientific abilities exceeded others in the region.

Para 9: Hussein commented he allowed the UN inspectors back into Iraq to counter allegations by the British Government. Hussein stated this was a very difficult decision to make, but the British Government had prepared a report containing inaccurate intelligence. It was this inaccurate intelligence on which the United States was making their decisions. However, Hussein admitted that when it was clear that a war with the United States was imminent, he allowed the inspectors back into Iraq in hopes of averting war.Yet, it became clear to him four months before the war that the war was inevitable.

Para 10: Hussein reiterated he had wanted to have a relationship with the United States but was not given the chance, as the United States was not listening to anything Iraq had to say. Further he was concerned about the United States advanced technological capabilities and resources.

Are you kidding? Everything you just posted agrees with what I said. Saddam wanted everyone to BELIEVE he had chemical weapons. Even his OWN generals believed it until just 3 months prior to the war. Duh.

I already did but perhaps you don't know hoe to use the expand button.

Are you kidding? Everything you just posted agrees with what I said. Saddam wanted everyone to BELIEVE he had chemical weapons. Even his OWN generals believed it until just 3 months prior to the war. Duh.
When Saddam continued to let hundreds of thousands of children starve because he wouldn't certify that WMDs were destroyed to most rational logical people that means you don't KNOW if he is bluffing or not.
YOU just know that if he is bluffing you can save 100,000s of children from starving. And if he wasn't GOOD.
We would Liberate Iraq.
It didn't make any sense to anyone who saw both sides of the argument to error on allowing kids to starve.
Pure and simple!

ChrL 11014601
Everything you just posted agrees with what I said.

What did I Post that you agree with?

Do you agree with me on this:

Unfortunately for your argument ChrisL that non-admission policy by Saddam Hussein officially ended in September 2002 when Iraq's Foreign Minister read a letter during a United Nations General Assembly stating quite clearly that Iraq did not have WMD. The letter was signed by Naji Sabri Minister for Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Iraq" on September 16, 2002. It is addressed to Mr. Kofi Annan, The Secretary General of the United Nations.

Last edited:
ChrL 11014601
Everything you just posted agrees with what I said. Saddam wanted everyone to BELIEVE he had chemical weapons. E

Do you believe this sounds like a dictator playing the "I got WMD" charade in 2002?

"Para 7: Hussein recognized that Iran continued to develop its weapons capabilities, to include its WMD,while Iraq had lost its weapons capabilities due to the UN inspections and sanctions. Hussein was asked how Iraq would have dealt with the threat from Iran once the UN sanction were lifted. Hussein replied Iraq would have been extremely vulnerable to an attack from Iran, and would have sought a security agreement with the United States to protect it from threats in the region. Hussein felt such an agreement would not only have benefitted Iraq, but its neighbors, such as Saudi Arabia."

You Iranaphobes ought to take note of that.

Do you know of the means that sanctions would be lifted? Saddam would have been verified in compliance by the UN inspectors.

Do you agree with this?

"Para 5: Hussein continued his dialogue on the issues relating to the significant threat to Iraq from Iran.Even though Hussein claimed Iraq didn’t have WMD, the threat from Iran was the major factor as to why he did not allow the return of the UN inspectors. Hussein stated he was more concerned about Iran discovering Iraq’s weaknesses and vulnerabilities than the repercussions of the United States for his refusal to allow UN inspectors back into Iraq. In his opinion, the UN inspectors would have directly identified to the Iranians where to inflict maximum damage to Iraq. [Hussein gives an analogy about the forearm and wrist] Hussein indicated he was angered when the United States struck Iraq in 1998. Hussein stated Iraq could have absorbed another United States strike for he viewed this as less of a threat than exposing themselves to Iran."

The way SH explains it to Piro was that the charade he played prior to 2002 was by keeping inspectors out. The charade was over when he agreed to allow inspectors back in around October 2002.

So Pelly and Piro were not intentionally trying to say that Iraq pretended to have CW when the inspectors came back in months before war was decided by Bush in March 2003.

So do you agree with all this too?

Last edited:
ChrL 11014076

No that is actually a lie. You quoted Pelly and Piro's words. Right here it is:

ChrL 11013525
Interrogator Shares Saddam s Confessions - Page 4 - CBS News

"He told me that most of the WMD had been destroyed by the U.N. inspectors in the '90s. And those that hadn't been destroyed by the inspectors were unilaterally destroyed by Iraq," Piro says.

"So why keep the secret? Why put your nation at risk, why put your own life at risk to maintain this charade?" Pelley asks.

"It was very important for him to project that because that was what kept him, in his mind, in power. That capability kept the Iranians away. It kept them from reinvading Iraq," Piro says.

Before his wars with America, Saddam had fought a ruinous eight year war with Iran and it was Iran he still feared the most.

"He believed that he couldn't survive without the perception that he had weapons of mass destruction?" Pelley asks.

Why do you think you can lie your way out predicaments on a forum that you cannot erase?

I am citing Piro's actual written transcript that he recorded during the entire interviews and turned in to FBI HQ.

Your interpretation of a brief summary is not accurate. The actual transcripts are much more accurate. But you do not appear to be interested in accuracy being a major factor in your biased mind.

Last edited:
ChrL 11014601
Everything you just posted agrees with what I said. Saddam wanted everyone to BELIEVE he had chemical weapons. E

Do you believe this sounds like a dictator playing the "I got WMD" charade in 2002?

"Para 7: Hussein recognized that Iran continued to develop its weapons capabilities, to include its WMD,while Iraq had lost its weapons capabilities due to the UN inspections and sanctions. Hussein was asked how Iraq would have dealt with the threat from Iran once the UN sanction were lifted. Hussein replied Iraq would have been extremely vulnerable to an attack from Iran, and would have sought a security agreement with the United States to protect it from threats in the region. Hussein felt such an agreement would not only have benefitted Iraq, but its neighbors, such as Saudi Arabia."

You Iranaphobes ought to take note of that.

Do you know of the means that sanctions would be lifted? Saddam would have been verified in compliance by the UN inspectors.

Do you agree with this?

"Para 5: Hussein continued his dialogue on the issues relating to the significant threat to Iraq from Iran.Even though Hussein claimed Iraq didn’t have WMD, the threat from Iran was the major factor as to why he did not allow the return of the UN inspectors. Hussein stated he was more concerned about Iran discovering Iraq’s weaknesses and vulnerabilities than the repercussions of the United States for his refusal to allow UN inspectors back into Iraq. In his opinion, the UN inspectors would have directly identified to the Iranians where to inflict maximum damage to Iraq. [Hussein gives an analogy about the forearm and wrist] Hussein indicated he was angered when the United States struck Iraq in 1998. Hussein stated Iraq could have absorbed another United States strike for he viewed this as less of a threat than exposing themselves to Iran."

The way SH explains it to Piro was that the charade he played prior to 2002 was by keeping inspectors out. The charade was over when he agreed to allow inspectors back in around October 2002.

So Pelly and Piro were not intentionally trying to say that Iraq pretended to have CW when the inspectors came back in months before war was decided by Bush in March 2003.

So do you agree with all this too?

Uhhh, yes, it sounds like he was a desperate man who would have said anything. He even told the interrogator that he wanted Iran and everyone to think that he had chemical weapons. Do you deny that? That was according to Piro. Are you calling him a liar?

ChrL 11014076

ChrL 11013525

"He told me that most of the WMD had been destroyed by the U.N. inspectors in the '90s. And those that hadn't been destroyed by the inspectors were unilaterally destroyed by Iraq," Piro says.

Before his wars with America, Saddam had fought a ruinous eight year war with Iran and it was Iran he still feared the most.

"He believed that he couldn't survive without the perception that he had weapons of mass destruction?" Pelley asks.

Why do you think you can lie your way out predicaments on a forum that you cannot erase?

I am citing Piro's actual written transcript that he recorded during the entire interviews and turned in to FBI HQ.

Your interpretation of a brief summary is not accurate. The actual transcripts are much more accurate. But you do not appear to be interested in accuracy being a major factor in your biased mind.

What in the hell are you talking about? Your bold section says that it was important for him to project that!!!! YOU are the liar.

ChrL 11014076

ChrL 11013525

Even his own generals thought he had WMD!!!

ChrL 11017265

You did not respond to my post that you cited. So you must agree that this is correct:

NF 11015146

By the way it's proven that SH went public in 2002 at the UN that he did not have WMD.

NF 11014999

And what SH told his General does not over--ride his public admission that there were no WMD and the agreement to,allow inspectors was October 2003, Seven month before Bush43 started a dumb war.

ChrL 11017265

You did not respond to my post that you cited. So you must agree that this is correct:

NF 11015146

By the way it's proven that SH went public in 2002 at the UN that he did not have WMD.

NF 11014999

And what SH told his General does not over--ride his public admission that there were no WMD and the agreement to,allow inspectors was October 2003, Seven month before Bush43 started a dumb war.

What is accurate? Are you claiming Saddam wasn't trying to pull the wool over everyone's eyes? :rolleyes-41: God, you people get desperate and then resort to your dishonesty. It's disgusting, really.

The POINT about the generals is that YES, Saddam was trying to fool people into believing he had chemical weapons, like I said. DERP.

He even told the interrogator that he wanted Iran and everyone to think that he had chemical weapons. Do you deny that?

Did you read this in the Pelly/Piro interview that you cited? They were discussing a speech from June 2000. Don't you have any concept of time?

. And he was kind of surprised. And he asked me what speeches. And I said, 'Well, funny you should ask. And in June 2000 you gave a speech in where you said Iraq would not disarm until others in the region did. A rifle for a rifle, a stick for a stick, a stone for a stone,'" Piro recalls.

So I don't deny what you asked (11017253) that prior to the spring and summer of 2002 when the US and Brits stepped up their bombing runs on Iraq after the 09/11/01attacks. SH decided to allow the inspectors back in. From the Piro FBI transcript:,

[QUOTE]. The fact is shown in Para 5: "Even though Hussein claimed Iraq didn’t have WMD, the threat from Iran was the major factor as to why he did not allow the return of the UN inspectors." [/QUOTE]

In summary what you cited was a clear discussion about what SH was thinking and doing in 2000 not 2002.

ChrL 11013525
So why keep the secret? Why put your nation at risk, why put your own life at risk to maintain this charade?" Pelley asks.

You are the one lying by omission because you refuse to provide the critical fact about the date in order to lead your feeble mind and the feeble minds of others that SH kept his 2000 charade ongoing by not having inspectors back in right up to the March 2003 invasion. We all know that is not the case except for you apparently.

Are you aware that SH openly and publicly decided to allow the inspectors back in around October 2002?

Fact from Piro FBI transcipts: "the threat from Iran was the major factor as to why he did not allow the return of the UN inspectors."

More that destroys your argument and verifies mine:

Interview with FBI agent who interrogated Saddam Archive - AnandTech Forums. US Department of Justice Federal Bureau of Investigation Baghdad Operations Center June 11, 2004.

This is from the official full transcript not a 60 minutes ten minute interview.

Para 1: While engaging SSA George L. Piro in casual conversation, Saddam Hussein providing the following information regarding Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD

Para 3: Hussein replied this (June 2000) speech was meant to serve a regional and an operational purpose. Operationally, Hussein was demonstrating Iraq's compliance with the United Nations (UN) in its destruction of its Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)

It's clear SH did not have WMD.

Para 7: Hussein recognized that Iran continued to develop its weapons capabilities, to include its WMD, while Iraq had lost its weapons capabilities due to the UN inspections and sanctions.

SH lost his weapons capabilities.

Para 7 cont'd: Hussein was asked how Iraq would have dealt with the threat from Iran once the UN sanction were lifted. Hussein replied Iraq would have been extremely vulnerable to an attack from Iran, and would have sought a security agreement with the United States to protect it from threats in the region. Hussein felt such an agreement would not only have benefitted Iraq, but its neighbors, such as Saudi Arabia.

To let inspectors in and verify no WMD in Iraq SH wanted a security deal wit the US.

Para 9: Hussein commented he allowed the UN inspectors back into Iraq to counter allegations by the British Government. Hussein stated this was a very difficult decision to make, but the British Government had prepared a report containing inaccurate intelligence. It was this inaccurate intelligence on which the United States was making their decisions.

SH let inspectors in because of bad US and UK intelligence.7

para 9 cont'd; However, Hussein admitted that when it was clear that a war with the United States was imminent, he allowed the inspectors back into Iraq in hopes of averting war. Yet, it became clear to him four months before the war that the war was inevitable.

SH wanted to avert war like Bush claimed he did also.

Para 10: Hussein reiterated he had wanted to have a relationship with the United States but was not given the chance, as the United States was not listening to anything Iraq had to say.

SH wanted a relationship with US to counter Iran's threat to the region.

I tried to make it as fool-proof for dummies for you as it can be. But I know I cannot force facts into your mind that prefers the make-believe world of the right. But Im trying.

Do you think Saddam did not let the inspectors back in after November 2002 when UNSC Resolution 1441 was passed? Perhaps that is the problem you are having when you argue that dates and timing do not matter.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back