Looking ahead to College Football

WinterBorn

Diamond Member
Nov 18, 2011
Atlanta
Now that the draft is complete, the next thing on my sports calendar is the college football season.

GridIronNow has released their Post Spring game ranking projections.

The Top Five are as follows:

1) FL State
2) Alabama
3) USC
4) Ohio State
5) Washington

If this is anywhere near accurate, the season opening weekend will be HUGE!

The preseason #1 and #2 meet on Sept 2nd.

ROLL TIDE!!!

What's the over/under on the number of players accused of rape/sexual assault and assault this year? I'm so tired of hearing about these pampered babies who think they are above the rules just doing whatever the fuck they want. I wrote a paper in college about athletes as violent offenders, using highly reliable resources, and it is so disproportionate to the number of crimes committed by a normal student, compared to those committed by a college athlete, it isn't even funny. And those athletes that are involved in contact sports like football, hockey, lacrosse, etc. are even more inclined to violence off the field.

What's the over/under on the number of players accused of rape/sexual assault and assault this year? I'm so tired of hearing about these pampered babies who think they are above the rules just doing whatever the fuck they want. I wrote a paper in college about athletes as violent offenders, using highly reliable resources, and it is so disproportionate to the number of crimes committed by a normal student, compared to those committed by a college athlete, it isn't even funny. And those athletes that are involved in contact sports like football, hockey, lacrosse, etc. are even more inclined to violence off the field.

Not even close to relevant to the topic. Start your own thread about how much you hate athletes.

It sure would be nice if college football had some new blood in the top five. I suppose you could consider Washington new.

How about this?
1. Northwestern
2. Vanderbilt
3. Kentucky
4. Illinois
5. Kansas

It sure would be nice if college football had some new blood in the top five. I suppose you could consider Washington new.

How about this?
1. Northwestern
2. Vanderbilt
3. Kentucky
4. Illinois
5. Kansas

Good top 5.

Now if those teams could win enough games to get there...

Not even close to relevant to the topic. Start your own thread about how much you hate athletes.

I love sports... and I watched every hour of the NFL draft yesterday... but seeing a guy accused of rape going in the first round to the Raiders, my Bengals drafting Joe Mixon, the Browns drafting a guy that punched a woman... and seeing another guy drafted that punched a student and got suspended for a year, and then got back on the team for a year until it was found out he was getting improper benefits and STILL GOT DRAFTED... it takes away from the ability to appreciate what these guys do on the field.

I love watching college football, but it's time to be much harsher on them when they screw up.

Did you see some of the Wonderlic scores from this past combine? Guys scoring 10 and 11 that are top picks? McCaffrey from Stanford, from fucking STANFORD and he scored like a 15 out of 50! College is meant to be a place to get an education first, not to be a minor league for sports.

I love sports... and I watched every hour of the NFL draft yesterday... but seeing a guy accused of rape going in the first round to the Raiders, my Bengals drafting Joe Mixon, the Browns drafting a guy that punched a woman... and seeing another guy drafted that punched a student and got suspended for a year, and then got back on the team for a year until it was found out he was getting improper benefits and STILL GOT DRAFTED... it takes away from the ability to appreciate what these guys do on the field.

I love watching college football, but it's time to be much harsher on them when they screw up.

Did you see some of the Wonderlic scores from this past combine? Guys scoring 10 and 11 that are top picks? McCaffrey from Stanford, from fucking STANFORD and he scored like a 15 out of 50! College is meant to be a place to get an education first, not to be a minor league for sports.

As long as the student is making progress according to the rules, whether he learns anything is strictly up to him.

The opening weekend is just 3 months away!!

And the season starts with a bang for some teams. Great games that first weekend.

Florida v. Michigan will be a good start for one of them. Can Michigan come back after their disappointing showing at the end of the season? Is Florida ready to take the SEC East?

OSU at Indianna is another good game. New O Coordinator for the Buckeyes. Can Indiana stop them?

And the top game for the weekend? The Alabama Crimson Tide v. Florida State. FL State is ranked high and looking good. My Tide needs to go in and destroy them.

7. LSU RB Derrius Guice
giphy-17.gif

2016 stats: 1,387 yards rushing, 15 rushing TDs, 7.6 yards-per-carry average

Guice managed to accrue a 1,000-yard season as a backup to Leonard Fournette. Now completely out from behind his shadow, Guice is poised for a monster junior campaign.

The Baton Rouge native is very fun to watch — largely based upon the flash and elusiveness with which he runs. He led the conference last year in both rushing yards and yards-per-carry. With a full year of toting the rock, there’s no telling how good Guice can be. LSU was 7-0 last year when Guice rushed for at least 100 yards.

Current Heisman Odds: 20-to-1

7. LSU RB Derrius Guice
giphy-17.gif

2016 stats: 1,387 yards rushing, 15 rushing TDs, 7.6 yards-per-carry average

Guice managed to accrue a 1,000-yard season as a backup to Leonard Fournette. Now completely out from behind his shadow, Guice is poised for a monster junior campaign.

The Baton Rouge native is very fun to watch — largely based upon the flash and elusiveness with which he runs. He led the conference last year in both rushing yards and yards-per-carry. With a full year of toting the rock, there’s no telling how good Guice can be. LSU was 7-0 last year when Guice rushed for at least 100 yards.

Current Heisman Odds: 20-to-1

I think Guice is better than Fournette. After all, look what Fournette did against Alabama. In his games facing the Crimson Tide defense, Fournette failed to gain 100 yards even if you combine two games.

And Guice came back out after one of the best hits I have seen in a while.

Now that the draft is complete, the next thing on my sports calendar is the college football season.

GridIronNow has released their Post Spring game ranking projections.

The Top Five are as follows:

1) FL State
2) Alabama
3) USC
4) Ohio State
5) Washington

If this is anywhere near accurate, the season opening weekend will be HUGE!

The preseason #1 and #2 meet on Sept 2nd.

ROLL TIDE!!!

I follow Ohio State. What I can tell you is that they somehow made the playoffs last year without a decent QB or running back, an impressive feat to say the least.

I think they will probably do better at the running back position, but they are still stuck with at QB that has declining numbers every year and with no real hope other than putting a rookie in that will have a learning curb if they choose one. Their current QB is in his last year with no chance of making the NFL.

So OSU may make the playoffs again, that is, if they can get past Michigan in Michigan. I don't see how they can as much as I would like for them to do so. In fact, I have no idea how they beat them last year.

How about this?
1. Northwestern
2. Vanderbilt
3. Kentucky
4. Illinois
5. Kansas

Hell no, Bowling Green will take it all this year.

But alas, another year where everyone will ask the question, who can beat Alabama?

Yipee!

How about this?
1. Northwestern
2. Vanderbilt
3. Kentucky
4. Illinois
5. Kansas

But alas, another year where everyone will ask the question, who can beat Alabama?

Yipee!

4 teams from the list at the link are on our regular schedule. That is 1/3 of our schedules opponents. Then add in the playoff and championship game, there are plenty of opportunities to beat Bama.

How about this?
1. Northwestern
2. Vanderbilt
3. Kentucky
4. Illinois
5. Kansas

Yipee!

4 teams from the list at the link are on our regular schedule. That is 1/3 of our schedules opponents. Then add in the playoff and championship game, there are plenty of opportunities to beat Bama.

Whatever.

Bama will be in the playoffs.

As for the rest, who knows.

How about this?
1. Northwestern
2. Vanderbilt
3. Kentucky
4. Illinois
5. Kansas

Yipee!

No one begrudges Alabama's success, that thinks logically. It is just so boring though.

How about this?
1. Northwestern
2. Vanderbilt
3. Kentucky
4. Illinois
5. Kansas

Yipee!

No one begrudges Alabama's success, that thinks logically. It is just so boring though.

The only question becomes, what dominant SEC team will take Bama's place in the future?

How about this?
1. Northwestern
2. Vanderbilt
3. Kentucky
4. Illinois
5. Kansas

Yipee!

Yeah, I am sure it is boring for some people. Personally, I am enjoying this run. I have been a hardcore fan since I was 8 or 9. I remember too many sad seasons to be bored with what we have now. And it will swing the other way sooner or later. I am just hoping for later.

How about this?
1. Northwestern
2. Vanderbilt
3. Kentucky
4. Illinois
5. Kansas

Yipee!

Yeah, I am sure it is boring for some people. Personally, I am enjoying this run. I have been a hardcore fan since I was 8 or 9. I remember too many sad seasons to be bored with what we have now. And it will swing the other way sooner or later. I am just hoping for later.
Sorry but I don't feel your pain. As a Michigan State fan, I have many decades of sad seasons. Lots more than you.

How about this?
1. Northwestern
2. Vanderbilt
3. Kentucky
4. Illinois
5. Kansas

Yipee!

Sorry but I don't feel your pain. As a Michigan State fan, I have many decades of sad seasons. Lots more than you.

True enough. Maybe someday son the will run the table.

Forum List

Back