Lookie...

Un huh. At least until I wanna get my truck out of the driveway tomorrow.. :D

Yeah, but our RAV4's can RULE THE ROADS in this..............right?

And that kind of ice/snow means NO SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eusa_pray:

It's coming our way tonight and tomorrow! :D

LMAO! It doesn't mean no school in WI. Gotta be a lot worse than that. At best, they'll open 30 mins late, and that's only if school buses are running late.

My RAV does pretty good, but I wouldn't want to tempt the fates going down the hill I live on top of...
Then can't you just sled down your hill instead to get where you're going?

LMAO! It doesn't mean no school in WI. Gotta be a lot worse than that. At best, they'll open 30 mins late, and that's only if school buses are running late.

My RAV does pretty good, but I wouldn't want to tempt the fates going down the hill I live on top of...

Echo, being from Indiana, is confused by the concept of "hill".

Technically, yes I could. Stopping might be a problem, tho.. Then, there's always the badass that thinks HIS car will be the one to make it up the hill, and that's liable to ruin any fun for someone coming down the hill.

that white stuff.....what is it?

Sand? :eusa_eh:

it's a really nasty substance that falls from the sky, makes you wreck your car or fall and break bones, then disappears after a couple of days.

Just when you think you're safe, the process repeats itself.

why do people live in such a hell?

Because that's the only place to find midwest farmer's daughters.

$26167a.gif

We actually got snow here last year. Quite a bit for our area of the country actually.

Here's a pic of our backyard from day 2:

19370_1369244032426_1271475289_31098629_4453921_n.jpg

Just plain old snizzle here. Mostly rain, a little sleet, a little snow, a lot of wind, and I hate this crap. I'll trade for snow any day. The little people are big enough to help shovel this year.

I survived Boston's Blizzard of 78 and northern Maines Icestorm of 98, so its going to take something truly dramatic to impress me now.

well in wnc it has been a while since we have had a full blown blizzard...the roads are bad...slick mostly....my mother's aid has already cancelled...

well in wnc it has been a while since we have had a full blown blizzard...the roads are bad...slick mostly....my mother's aid has already cancelled...

I suspect that smaller and apparently less threatening storms are more dangerous that those obviously dangerous ones.

When it looks like you might make it to work, that's when people are willing to take the risk of driving on roads that aren't safe.

People hereabout hunker down when its obviously dangerous.

Mainers have greater respect, I think, for adverse weather than I found most of us who were born in the mid Atlantic states.

But now it seems that the mid Atlantic states get hit harder with snow and blizzards than we get here in Maine.

At least that's how its been for the last decade or so.

o shut up its still snowing here...the cams show promise of the main roads being clear but if i go out i will be out for hours.....and it can all change quickly

I love the idea of all the money I save from living in a area that I dont have to deal with this mess.

Its beautiful but I can get this beauty in a half hour drive from me.

Very wet and heavy snow here now, I just ran out to fill up the gas tank, roads are all very wet slush.

Watching It's a Wonderful Life for now. :)

Forum List

Back