An unusual weather pattern, what is my best approach? It is snowing hard, maybe 10-15 cm, but overnight it is expected we will get 5mm of rain...

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
...followed by a full day of snow tomorrow, maybe 5 cm worth.

What is the best approach? Shovel now and let it rain on the sidewalk with the risk of freezing, it will then be covered by snow again. Or, shovel in the morning after the rain and before the next snowfall?

What is the best approach? Shovel now and let it rain on the sidewalk with the risk of freezing, it will then be covered by snow again. Or, shovel in the morning after the rain and before the next snowfall?
What city are you in/near?

JUst ignore it, since it's been caused by global warming it's not real anyway.

what is that in english??

In 1977 when the left was harping on the New Ice Age, north of Cincinnati, we had 24 inches of snow, then it had freezing rain the next day, then snow again for another 24 inches. There was a snow advisory out that all cars needed to be off the street, but one of my neighbors didnt get the memo. Three days later no one could get around and they brought in a backhoe/4 wheel plow and it proceeded to break up the ice/snow. Once it cleared enough room it would then get up some steam and ram the snow/ice off the street. In an hour they found our neighbors car upside down on the sidewalk..... Just saying....

Two years later we had another snow event like that, but i was at Chanute AFB in Illinois, where for the first time in base history, it was closed due to blizzard conditions. Of course it was closed after we had marched all the way to class, and we had to march all the way back from class. My combat boots 3 days to get back to a spit shine.

Snow and ice issues. I can't help ya.

I have no idea.

I remember when Canadians said INCHES. You were a better people then

Yeah, I had to swim to shovel the snow but it appears to this point we have ducked the second snowfall and subsequent freezing temperatures.

Forum List

Back