Look who parks their cash at Bain

'splain this, Libtards....

Look who parks their cash at Bain - NYPOST.com

...Bain’s private-equity executives have enriched dozens of organizations and millions of individuals in the Democratic base — including some who scream most loudly for President Obama’s re-election.

Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund ($2.2 million)

* Indiana Public Retirement System ($39.3 million)

* Iowa Public Employees’ Retirement System ($177.1 million)

* The Los Angeles Fire and Police Pension System ($19.5 million)

* Maryland State Retirement and Pension System ($117.5 million)

* Public Employees’ Retirement System of Nevada ($20.3 million)

* State Teachers Retirement System of Ohio ($767.3 million)

* Pennsylvania State Employees’ Retirement System ($231.5 million)

* Employees’ Retirement System of Rhode Island ($25 million)

* San Diego County Employees Retirement Association ($23.5 million)

* Teacher Retirement System of Texas ($122.5 million)

* Tennessee Consolidated Retirement System ($15 million)

* Purdue University ($15.9 million)

* University of California ($225.7 million)

* University of Michigan ($130 million)

* University of Virginia ($20 million)

* University of Washington ($33 million)

Major, center-left foundations and cultural establishments also have seen their prospects brighten, thanks to Bain Capital. According to the aforementioned sources, such Bain clients have included the Charles Stewart Mott Foundation, the Doris Duke Foundation, the Metropolitan Museum of Art, the Ford Foundation, the Heinz Endowments and the Oprah Winfrey Foundation.

Is Bain really a gang of corporate buccaneers who plunder their ill-gotten gains by outsourcing, euthanizing feeble portfolio companies and giving cancer to the spouses of those whom they fired? If so, union bosses, government retirees, liberal foundations and elite universities thrive on the wages of Bain’s economic Darwinism.

If, however, these institutions relish the yields that Bain Capital generates by supporting start-ups and rescuing distressed companies, 80 percent of which have prospered, then this money is honest — and Team Obama isn’t.

back to the point of the thread...

libtards who criticize Bain Capital are hypocrites.

Anyone know if Bain employs salesmen?

Of course they do.

Anyone want to bet that those salesmen made a sales call on those organizations and sold them on the idea of investing with Bain. So that the salesman could make a nice big fat commission.

Has anyone here EVER been in sales?

Are Dems that are responsible for investing large amounts of money supposed to be immune from a salesmans effort? News to me.

Anybody can be taken by a real slick salesman.

Look what happened with Obama. Right rethugs?

Anyone know if Bain employs salesmen?

Of course they do.

Anyone want to bet that those salesmen made a sales call on those organizations and sold them on the idea of investing with Bain. So that the salesman could make a nice big fat commission.

Has anyone here EVER been in sales?

Are Dems that are responsible for investing large amounts of money supposed to be immune from a salesmans effort? News to me.

Anybody can be taken by a real slick salesman.

Look what happened with Obama. Right rethugs?

So your excuse is they didnt know their money was invested with Bain? Seriously?
So the people handling these huge accounts are so inept that they dont know where the money is?
Yeak OK....Sounds legit.
And your not a real slick salesman so just stop. Although I'm pretty sure those slick salesman think you're the best thing since sliced bread.

why is it the right cant seem to understand much of anything?

Perhaps you can explain why it's evil for Romney to profit from Bain Capital -- but it's okay for unions to profit from Bain Capital.

But I really doubt it. NOTE: "Because it just is!!" is not a valid explanation.

15 minutes and no reply...

You think a little light went on, or is she waiting for an answer from the DU?

Her little light burned out years ago.

Any reply, assuming I even get one, will boil down to "You want to disenfranchise poor blacks, you racist! Why do you ignore court-proven facts?!" -- only without capital letters, punctuation marks, and proper spelling.

Read My signature.

It cannot be dumbed down anymore than it already has.

It's ok to just say you don't know. It's obvious that you don't, pretending anything else is not helping anyone.
Sad little person. I went off and did some other things, things that made it a joy to have a day off, and you sit here, trying to throw insults, and failing at even that.

Why is it you're not asking for Romney's tax returns? Isn't that your speed? To see where he invests his money....

Oh wait. He puts his money where he will get the most return for its use.

How silly of Me.

*watches as it sails over your head*

Bzzzzz false, to see how he invests his money? Bzzzzz wrong. To highlight the broken tax code that we have that favors the rich.

Any other strawmen you want to argue against?

It's good and righteous and holy when a liberal does it.

It's as evil as Satan's toe jam when a conservative does it.

Right, USMB lefties?

Baaaaa says the sheep.
Get back to me when you condemn liberals for doing the exact same things you condemn conservatives for.

You'll understand if I don't hold my breath.

For doing what? Explain what the issue is. LOL.

Try and have an adult conversation for once in your life.

Naw... we just want to see how stupid you'll get to deny the obvious.

Because nobody is that stupid....even a lib.
Well maybe TM.

It's so obvious you can't explain it. Right? Nah, it's beneath you to explain it. At least that's what you want me to believe to cover up the fact that you don't know the answer.

Weird, how only one of you have even attempted to explain it and the rest of you just do the whole "Yeah, what he said" routine. You are the very definition of sheep.

I guess you could say that it's "beneath me to explain it".
Because I refuse to explain something that is so patently obvious even a moron could see it.
Because I refuse to play your game maybe?

Your shit is weak,peddle it somewhere else.

My shit is weak but you can't explain a simple concept to a moron such as myself, what does that say for you?

Wait what?! American investors sought the highest possible returns?

Holy shit!
the people of these pensions don't get to choose what the pension plans are invested in, the fiduciary of the plan does....most people have no idea what the pension they'll get some day, if they don't change jobs, is invested in....

Eh... I don't think that retirement funds for government workers and what not should be in the hands of a for profit company.

That's the only way the funds grow, and that's the only way to make the actuarial calculations work. Otherwise it won't provide enough retirement income.

It's so obvious you can't explain it. Right? Nah, it's beneath you to explain it. At least that's what you want me to believe to cover up the fact that you don't know the answer.

Weird, how only one of you have even attempted to explain it and the rest of you just do the whole "Yeah, what he said" routine. You are the very definition of sheep.

I guess you could say that it's "beneath me to explain it".
Because I refuse to explain something that is so patently obvious even a moron could see it.
Because I refuse to play your game maybe?

Your shit is weak,peddle it somewhere else.

My shit is weak but you can't explain a simple concept to a moron such as myself, what does that say for you?

that he doesn't like the stink coming off your shit.

So you have no response to what I said?

So you have no response to what LeftofLeft said?

I guess not. You keep avoiding it. Why is that?

You mean this one that you ignored.
Mea culpa -- I missed that one. Sorry.
Do you want to respond or do you want for someone else to respond like you always do so you know what your opinion needs to be?
I always do that? Really? I suppose you can prove that. Using links, and not just the standard leftist "Everybody knows..." bullshit.

Well?

Forget it. We both know you can't prove it. :lol:

But, if it'll make you quit pouting and stamping your feet, I'll take a shot at it.
I'm missing the point here. Can someone explain?

The Left has a problem with a potential US President and his ties to Bain Capital yet have no problem with public secutor union pension funds investing in Bain Capital. If Bain Capital is so evil and so bad, why aren't the unions pulling out their investments in Bain?

"The Left" have a problem with claiming that Romney will be good for the country because he ran a successful business. But when you look at how that business was run, (slashing jobs, outsourcing labor, stashing money in offshore accounts), those are things that would not help turn out country around. Those are not things that put people back to work. Bain capital is great at making money which is why any group would be smart to invest with them, but that does not mean those sort of business practices are what you want installed as the leadership for the country.
Let's compare Bain's record to Obama's record, shall we?

Slashing jobs -- I'd say Obama's the clear winner there, having lost 4.3 million jobs under his watch.

Outsourcing labor: Again, Obama's the undisputed winner:
Obama’s Outsourcing of Jobs, Foreign Policy and Debt

Obama Stimulus Funding Goes Abroad, Outsources Jobs

Obama Jobs Council Packed With Outsourcing Companies

Stashing money in offshore accounts: Well, Romney and Bain win that one for sure. But that's only because Obama hasn't made a profit -- indeed, he's lost about $5 trillion.

So, cutting jobs, outsourcing jobs, and bleeding money -- you really think what Obama's doing is good for the nation?

Baaaaa says the sheep.
Get back to me when you condemn liberals for doing the exact same things you condemn conservatives for.

I do, all the time.

Or is your definition of "adult conversation" "a conversation that echoes my opinions and doesn't offer any conflicting views"?

'splain this, Libtards....

Look who parks their cash at Bain - NYPOST.com

...Bain’s private-equity executives have enriched dozens of organizations and millions of individuals in the Democratic base — including some who scream most loudly for President Obama’s re-election.

Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund ($2.2 million)

* Indiana Public Retirement System ($39.3 million)

* Iowa Public Employees’ Retirement System ($177.1 million)

* The Los Angeles Fire and Police Pension System ($19.5 million)

* Maryland State Retirement and Pension System ($117.5 million)

* Public Employees’ Retirement System of Nevada ($20.3 million)

* State Teachers Retirement System of Ohio ($767.3 million)

* Pennsylvania State Employees’ Retirement System ($231.5 million)

* Employees’ Retirement System of Rhode Island ($25 million)

* San Diego County Employees Retirement Association ($23.5 million)

* Teacher Retirement System of Texas ($122.5 million)

* Tennessee Consolidated Retirement System ($15 million)

* Purdue University ($15.9 million)

* University of California ($225.7 million)

* University of Michigan ($130 million)

* University of Virginia ($20 million)

* University of Washington ($33 million)

Major, center-left foundations and cultural establishments also have seen their prospects brighten, thanks to Bain Capital. According to the aforementioned sources, such Bain clients have included the Charles Stewart Mott Foundation, the Doris Duke Foundation, the Metropolitan Museum of Art, the Ford Foundation, the Heinz Endowments and the Oprah Winfrey Foundation.

Is Bain really a gang of corporate buccaneers who plunder their ill-gotten gains by outsourcing, euthanizing feeble portfolio companies and giving cancer to the spouses of those whom they fired? If so, union bosses, government retirees, liberal foundations and elite universities thrive on the wages of Bain’s economic Darwinism.

If, however, these institutions relish the yields that Bain Capital generates by supporting start-ups and rescuing distressed companies, 80 percent of which have prospered, then this money is honest — and Team Obama isn’t.

W/o reading a single post I shall attempt to condense the liberal response into One line;

"It's just different."

:lol:

Eh... I don't think that retirement funds for government workers and what not should be in the hands of a for profit company.

That's the only way the funds grow, and that's the only way to make the actuarial calculations work. Otherwise it won't provide enough retirement income.
Obviously it needs to be reworked then.

I do, all the time.

Or is your definition of "adult conversation" "a conversation that echoes my opinions and doesn't offer any conflicting views"?

that's a rhetorical question, right?

The biggest investors in the private equity business, i.e. companies like Bain, are public pension funds, not rich guys. This has nothing to do with politics. It's a simple fact. The biggest benefactors of private equity investments are public sector employees. Oh, and lots of corporate pension plans invest in private equity too.

True story.

Forum List

Back