Look who cares more.. Mitt is on his way to New Orleans

I'm sure NO is praying that Barry doesn't come to their fair city.

Its a disaster when the POTUS lands anywhere. Security is a nightmare and the whole city is shut down to accomodate the POTUS.

I'm sure they are busy enough without having Barry boy land.

No President has yet to beat LBJ during Betsy, who showed up a New Orleans shelter with no power, in the night, lighting himself up by flashlight, saying in a megaphone: "My name's Lyndon Johnson, and I'm your President. I'm here to help, and we'll do everything we can to get y'all sorted out as soon as we can . . ."

And before LBJ left the city later the next day, he slashed the federal red tape and made sure the wheels of help were in motion.

Life was much different then and I think traveling unannounced would be more ideal for the area. It would eliminate a lot of press and security clearance.

moon there is no point to arguing with people like naturegirl, look though all her posts, she NEVER EVER makes a full point with evidence to support it. all she does is add little 1 liner zingers, dont waste your time man. the fact that in the last 30 years Obama and clinton if they added their vacation day together they would not even touch bush1,bush2 or regan, doesnt matter to these guys

Its easy to take less official vacations when you dont work that hard to begin with. you never reach the point of burn out where you need the official vacations.

moon there is no point to arguing with people like naturegirl, look though all her posts, she NEVER EVER makes a full point with evidence to support it. all she does is add little 1 liner zingers, dont waste your time man. the fact that in the last 30 years Obama and clinton if they added their vacation day together they would not even touch bush1,bush2 or regan, doesnt matter to these guys

simply not true.

I'm sure NO is praying that Barry doesn't come to their fair city.

Its a disaster when the POTUS lands anywhere. Security is a nightmare and the whole city is shut down to accomodate the POTUS.

I'm sure they are busy enough without having Barry boy land.

No President has yet to beat LBJ during Betsy, who showed up a New Orleans shelter with no power, in the night, lighting himself up by flashlight, saying in a megaphone: "My name's Lyndon Johnson, and I'm your President. I'm here to help, and we'll do everything we can to get y'all sorted out as soon as we can . . ."

And before LBJ left the city later the next day, he slashed the federal red tape and made sure the wheels of help were in motion.

That was LBJ not Barry.

Hope you ain't holdin your breath for Barry to pull an LBJ. I'm sure not.

Which is wonderful.

Paul Ryan was in the congress when over a thousand Americans died due to federal inaction, and an incompetent politcal crony at the head of FEMA.

Paul Ryan also held up funding for FEMA.

Additionally Romney joked about rising waters and hotter temperatures around the globe.

Well. It's nice that he's going to give lip service to the people of Louisiana. While the Obama administration makes sure they stay alive.

Unlike Republicans.

Mitt's going down there to remind them that just because his newest best friends are Conservatives, who believe FEMA is unconstitutional,

that doesn't mean that Mitt really believes that sort of baloney.

Sure I never post links...........how's this for the criticism Bush received for waiting a day to visit Katrina victims.
Early Tuesday morning, August 30, a day after the hurricane struck, President Bush attended a V-J Day commemoration ceremony at Coronado, California while looking over the situation with his aides and cabinet officials.[15] 24 hours before the ceremony, storm surges began overwhelming levees and floodwalls protecting the city of New Orleans, greatly exacerbating the minimal damage from rainfall and wind when the hurricane itself veered to the East and avoided a direct hit on New Orleans.[16] Initial reports of leaked video footage of top-level briefings held before the storm claimed that this video contradicted Bush’s earlier statements that no one anticipated the breach of the levees.[17] Transcripts revealed that Bush was warned that the levees may overflow, as were Governor Blanco and Mayor Nagin.

Bush was criticized for not returning to Washington, D.C. from his vacation in Texas until after Wednesday afternoon, more than a day after the hurricane hit on Monday.[18] Many claimed that on the morning of August 28, the president telephoned Mayor Nagin to "plead" for a mandatory evacuation of New Orleans, and further claimed that Nagin and Gov. Blanco decided to evacuate the city only in response to that request.[citation needed] These claims were never substantiated, however Blanco did tell reporters the President had called and spoken with her (but not Nagin) before the press conference.

Criticism of government response to Hurricane Katrina - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sure I never post links...........how's this for the criticism Bush received for waiting a day to visit Katrina victims.
Early Tuesday morning, August 30, a day after the hurricane struck, President Bush attended a V-J Day commemoration ceremony at Coronado, California while looking over the situation with his aides and cabinet officials.[15] 24 hours before the ceremony, storm surges began overwhelming levees and floodwalls protecting the city of New Orleans, greatly exacerbating the minimal damage from rainfall and wind when the hurricane itself veered to the East and avoided a direct hit on New Orleans.[16] Initial reports of leaked video footage of top-level briefings held before the storm claimed that this video contradicted Bush’s earlier statements that no one anticipated the breach of the levees.[17] Transcripts revealed that Bush was warned that the levees may overflow, as were Governor Blanco and Mayor Nagin.

Bush was criticized for not returning to Washington, D.C. from his vacation in Texas until after Wednesday afternoon, more than a day after the hurricane hit on Monday.[18] Many claimed that on the morning of August 28, the president telephoned Mayor Nagin to "plead" for a mandatory evacuation of New Orleans, and further claimed that Nagin and Gov. Blanco decided to evacuate the city only in response to that request.[citation needed] These claims were never substantiated, however Blanco did tell reporters the President had called and spoken with her (but not Nagin) before the press conference.
Criticism of government response to Hurricane Katrina - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Katrina did not hit Washington, DC.

That's OK.

Mitt will handle it.

Mitt won't do anything more than speak.

Oblama has already sent help. Real help and not just the empty words of a wanna be.
You have NO ideal what Mitt will do behind the seen , since Mitt GIVES WAY more to charity then Obama I am sure he will GIVE but not broadcast it everywhere. Obama on the hand will not use a penny of his money he will use our Tax dollars. Which I do NOT have a problem with at all but since Mitt does give WAY More in charity I am sure he will give to this as well.
Mitt is just getting in the way. He has no political authority. If he wants to write a check he can do that without cashing in on people's suffering for political points.

We have no way of knowing how much MItt gives to charity on a regular basis. He's refused to be honest and open on his financial situation from the beginning.

Look who cares more.. Mitt is on his way to New Orleans

Really? How is Mittens in any position to help anybody? He is only politicising some bad weather. He cannot offer any help. He should just stay the hell out of the way and let the proffesionals do their work without having to work around his hipocrytical entourage. I wonder how many must suffer while they have to wait for Romney to get the hell out of the way of the responders while Mittens is getting phoney political photo ops.

Last edited:

Dumb rw's.

The real question is, Where is FEMA?

They're in New Orleans, rescuing people.

Thats in spite of the R voting against them doing that.

Mittens has never shown any compassion about anything. He's a robot and disrupting rescue efforts for a photo op is obscene. Where will this area get the money for the security for Mr Etch A Sketch? Not from the pubs/pots. That's for sure.

Really people. This is lame.

Forum List

Back