Longevity and Fasting

..there is nothing in my posts to suggest forever--JESUS F CHRIST
Are you really this deep in need of arguing about something?

Let me be really clear:

You said that fasting seems illogical because without food or water, you will die.

That's IRRELEVANT to fasting, because there's a point where we..YANNOW... stop the fast. So0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o, your comment was irrelevant, and now you're jesus fucking christing ME?

lol this messageboard is THE BEST
my original post:
seems illogical as the body needs food
so, it's logical to not eat, even though the body will die/have problems if humans don't eat??!!
hahahahah
so logical----hahhahahahahaha
YOU are the jackass that started the uncivil crap
You are in a thread about the health benefits that come from fasting.

You said it seems illogical, it doesn't - why would it be illogical I asked?

You said because without food and water we'd die.

I educated you...that fasting ENDS, yannow...like WAAAAAaaaAAaaaAAaaY before DEATH?

So your "logic" wasn't relevant to this discussion.

That's clear, that's civil and it also happens to be the truth. If you've got some odd-ass ax to grind about it, present your case.
Many people don’t understand fasting and are incapable of wrapping their brains around it. It is an alien concept to them.

I fast regularly for the many health benefits. When the body doesn’t have to digest food, it repairs itself.

I have fasted for several days. It is remarkable how great you feel after about 48 hours.
That is such upper news, Gipper. Thanks for your inspiration, which I greatly need right now, when I'm trying hard to bringing my time of mourning my husband's and also my best friend's death due to dementia 3.5 years ago. I'm over the stupid stages of anger at the situation he endured for likely 10 years before he passed away after his symptoms got unbearable. He never, ever expressed his anger, but he did a lot of things normal folks do not do. It was so forgivable, because the better part of our 44 years together, he was a superstar of community service, fatherhood, and perfect husband who spoiled me good. His sense of humor approached that of a Bob Hope, yet he was a gifted mathematician and Professional Engineer who never lost arguments because he didn't get into one without being 100% prepared to win any given topic. For 44 years I never won an argument with this idyllic man, but he always made it fun with a passel of jokes that made me and everyone else laugh. *sigh* I still laugh at some of the jokes he told. He knew exactly when the clowning stuff would lighten any given situation, personal or professional. I've never met anyone like him before, during, or after his life ended on such a sad note.

Again thanks for sharing your good news about feeling better with fasting.
You’re welcome and sorry to hear of your husband’s death. He sounds like a great man.

I essentially fast every day. I am not eating 16 hours every day. I then on occasion perform a multi day fast. It’s tough the first 36 hours. After that I find I can go without consuming solid food for several days. I do consume a lot of non chlorine and non fluoride water and occasional beef or chicken broth. The feeling after 48 hours is almost euphoric. I don’t do any strenuous exercise or any tasks that require a lot of attention or endurance, during my multi day fasts.

I'm going to look that up, Natural Citizen, to see what the nutritional scientists have agreed with an apple cleanse, which had not come to my attention before your post.

Edit: I found it, Natural Citizen: the study came from China, but the US National Institute of Health agrees that it is correct. Hepatoprotective effect of apple polyphenols against concanavalin A-induced immunological liver injury in mice. - PubMed - NCBI

Only reason I know about it is because the women on a forum I used to be on years ago used to do them all the time. They had a running thread on it. As I recall, they all had positive results. Apparently, the apple fasting cleanse detoxifies your body/organs. There's a lot about it online. Lots of people do it.
To me, fixing the liver through detoxification has probably saved a lot of lives. When liver issues become too great, it can cause liver cancer, which is a hard kind of cancer to get rid of. An apple a day keeping the doctor away maxim seems to be true.

..there is nothing in my posts to suggest forever--JESUS F CHRIST

Let me be really clear:

You said that fasting seems illogical because without food or water, you will die.

That's IRRELEVANT to fasting, because there's a point where we..YANNOW... stop the fast. So0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o, your comment was irrelevant, and now you're jesus fucking christing ME?

my original post:
so, it's logical to not eat, even though the body will die/have problems if humans don't eat??!!
hahahahah

I educated you...that fasting ENDS, yannow...like WAAAAAaaaAAaaaAAaaY before DEATH?

That's clear, that's civil and it also happens to be the truth. If you've got some odd-ass ax to grind about it, present your case.
Many people don’t understand fasting and are incapable of wrapping their brains around it. It is an alien concept to them.

I fast regularly for the many health benefits. When the body doesn’t have to digest food, it repairs itself.

I have fasted for several days. It is remarkable how great you feel after about 48 hours.
biohacking your body computer is 100% fascinating to any science nerd like me

you can even hack the hack. when the lack of salt makes you a little light-headed, you ingest salt (doesnt break a fast) and 20 minutes later it's gone <3
That's funny, because I stay away from the salt shaker since my doctor ordered it when I was carrying my youngest child and had swollen feet. But I have never once felt light-headed in all the years since.

Let me be really clear:

my original post:
hahahahah

biohacking your body computer is 100% fascinating to any science nerd like me

you can even hack the hack. when the lack of salt makes you a little light-headed, you ingest salt (doesnt break a fast) and 20 minutes later it's gone <3
That's funny, because I stay away from the salt shaker since my doctor ordered it when I was carrying my youngest child and had swollen feet. But I have never once felt light-headed in all the years since.
That means you're getting enough sodium naturally through the foods you're eating.

Let me be really clear:

my original post:
hahahahah

That is such upper news, Gipper. Thanks for your inspiration, which I greatly need right now, when I'm trying hard to bringing my time of mourning my husband's and also my best friend's death due to dementia 3.5 years ago. I'm over the stupid stages of anger at the situation he endured for likely 10 years before he passed away after his symptoms got unbearable. He never, ever expressed his anger, but he did a lot of things normal folks do not do. It was so forgivable, because the better part of our 44 years together, he was a superstar of community service, fatherhood, and perfect husband who spoiled me good. His sense of humor approached that of a Bob Hope, yet he was a gifted mathematician and Professional Engineer who never lost arguments because he didn't get into one without being 100% prepared to win any given topic. For 44 years I never won an argument with this idyllic man, but he always made it fun with a passel of jokes that made me and everyone else laugh. *sigh* I still laugh at some of the jokes he told. He knew exactly when the clowning stuff would lighten any given situation, personal or professional. I've never met anyone like him before, during, or after his life ended on such a sad note.

Again thanks for sharing your good news about feeling better with fasting.
You’re welcome and sorry to hear of your husband’s death. He sounds like a great man.

I essentially fast every day. I am not eating 16 hours every day. I then on occasion perform a multi day fast. It’s tough the first 36 hours. After that I find I can go without consuming solid food for several days. I do consume a lot of non chlorine and non fluoride water and occasional beef or chicken broth. The feeling after 48 hours is almost euphoric. I don’t do any strenuous exercise or any tasks that require a lot of attention or endurance, during my multi day fasts.
That seals it. I'm going to take the plunge. (Sez me after eating one cup of frozen blueberries cooked in the microwave for 3 minutes and sweetened with 2 tsps. of maple syrup that is supposed to prevent dementia/alzheimers). I read that last year sometime, and it was backed up with pointing out that few people in Massachusetts ever have dementia due to it being the center of a huge maple-syrup producing cottage industry, with the people of the state (and several surrounding states) have low rates of dementia according to nutritional scientists and statisticians.

To me, fixing the liver through detoxification has probably saved a lot of lives. When liver issues become too great, it can cause liver cancer, which is a hard kind of cancer to get rid of. An apple a day keeping the doctor away maxim seems to be true.

I drink a lot of pure cranberry juice. It's hard to find good apples around here. The ones from the orchard I like, but they're only around for a short time.

I drink a lot of pure cranberry juice. It's hard to find good apples around here. The ones from the orchard I like, but they're only around for a short time.
Keep that up and you may never have urinary issues for life. I drink a gallon of cranberry juice about every six weeks or so to keep the plumbing in good order.

Well someone mentioned exercise, and the sun just broke through the clouds, so think I will get on the tractor and investigate the mowing on the back 40. We're expected to have 2 days of rain here in east Texas near future, and that back area is a genuine PITA. lol pardon my language. :dev2:

Keep that up and you may never have urinary issues for life. I drink a gallon of cranberry juice about every six weeks or so to keep the plumbing in good order.

I've done 5 extended stints in the hospital in as many months. It started off as hyperthyroidism, which eventually caused heart failure on top of it as a consequence. Now the hyperthyroidism has turned to hypothyroidism since the medicine is slowing it down, so that's a new set of side effects. First time I was in for it the doc said my liver was a little slimy, so I've been sucking down the cranberry juice and some other natural cleansers/detoxers. Seems to be working. I had thought about an apple detox. Still might do it, I dunno.

I've done 5 extended stints in the hospital in as many months. It started off as hyperthyroidism, which eventually caused heart failure on top of it as a consequence. Now the hyperthyroidism has turned to hypothyroidism since the medicine is slowing it down, so that's a new set of side effects. First time I was in for it the doc said my liver was a little slimy, so I've been sucking down the cranberry juice and some other natural cleansers/detoxers. Seems to be working. I had thought about an apple detox. Still might do it, I dunno.
I read into the apple detox deal. It affects a lot of organs, and it seems to be all good for your issues. I'm drinking a lot of green tea with lemon and honey due to throat and chest congestion after my year of battling the effects of taking a pneumonia shot last year on and off for the whole year. Some of mine is allergy-immune system deficit, but maybe the apple detox is something I should shoot for. Green tea may be better, no sugar, and I've been reading that honey, for chemical reasons way over my head, that they actually make people healthier in every way. I cut up an apple sprinkle a little cinnamon on the pieces and nuke them for a couple minutes in the microwave sometimes. You need no sugar and they taste good. Cinnamon is a spice that is credited with stabilizing sugar in diabetics or borderline diabetics who have a family history with an occasional member succumbing to adult onset diabetes.

Well, I did a little on the tractor today, but it went gunnysack after an hour of mowing over some rough areas around the floodplain area. I found a couple of trees with red berries that tasted so bitter I spit the little one red berry out and ten more times to get all the taste out in case it was poison. lol I have no idea what kind of tree that was, but I don't think youpons grow that tall, and the leaf was just wrong for it to be a holly tree, I think. Hope everyone has a healthy, happy rest of the week, and a great Thanksgiving! Oh yes, that reminds me, I need to get some fresh cranberries since I promised to make cranberry sauce this year as my nephew invited me over for his annual fiesta at Thanksgiving.

we KNOW it's not fasting FOREVER--but you have to be a jerk and and mention it
Your case for it being illogical was that "we die without food."

So, you said that KNOWING they re-begin eating food?

That makes it a dumb thing to say, I'm not sure there's even two ways about that man.
plain and simple like I stated---the body needs food
.....OF COURSE we all know fasting does not mean forever--but you mention it--for some reason....
You said that fasting was illogical. You're responsible for that neener-neener comment, not anybody else.

It's logical.

& The logic that defeats your point: You don't die from fasting, you eat food at the end of it.

News at 11, your comment was dumb.
---THERE IT IS.. why do you have to resort to being a jerk?? why can't you discuss civilly and politely ???!!
....no one said you die from fasting--YOU just proved yourself wrong!! hahahhahah
fast
[ fast, fahst ]
SEE SYNONYMS FOR fast ON THESAURUS.COM
verb (used without object)
to abstain from all food.
to eat only sparingly or of certain kinds of food, especially as a religious observance.
DEATH was YOUR ARGUMENT for why you said FASTING was illogical. Did you forget already? How old are you...maybe you need a fast for better cognitive clarity
maybe you need to not be a jerk

Your case for it being illogical was that "we die without food."

So, you said that KNOWING they re-begin eating food?

That makes it a dumb thing to say, I'm not sure there's even two ways about that man.
plain and simple like I stated---the body needs food
.....OF COURSE we all know fasting does not mean forever--but you mention it--for some reason....
You said that fasting was illogical. You're responsible for that neener-neener comment, not anybody else.

It's logical.

& The logic that defeats your point: You don't die from fasting, you eat food at the end of it.

News at 11, your comment was dumb.
---THERE IT IS.. why do you have to resort to being a jerk?? why can't you discuss civilly and politely ???!!
....no one said you die from fasting--YOU just proved yourself wrong!! hahahhahah
fast
[ fast, fahst ]
SEE SYNONYMS FOR fast ON THESAURUS.COM
verb (used without object)
to abstain from all food.
to eat only sparingly or of certain kinds of food, especially as a religious observance.
DEATH was YOUR ARGUMENT for why you said FASTING was illogical. Did you forget already? How old are you...maybe you need a fast for better cognitive clarity
maybe you need to not be a jerk
Thats fair, Harmonica.

Forum List

Back