Long Haul Electric

Manonthestreet

Diamond Member
May 20, 2014
Electric delivery vehicles are an excellent tool. A fleet operator knows exactly how much range a delivery vehicle driving a set route will need. They can charge it at their facility every night. The low cost of electricity and repairs keeps the all-important cost per mile low.
The problem with that reasoning is most of our tarctors do double duty. After I do my route the linehaul driver takes it for a spin. We have very few city only and all of them have been combo from the start.

Electric delivery vehicles are an excellent tool. A fleet operator knows exactly how much range a delivery vehicle driving a set route will need. They can charge it at their facility every night. The low cost of electricity and repairs keeps the all-important cost per mile low.
The problem with that reasoning is most of our tarctors do double duty. After I do my route the linehaul driver takes it for a spin. We have very few city only and all of them have been combo from the start.
Expect price increases. A battery for an electric truck can weigh up to 16,000 pounds, so the reduced cargo of goods will have to absorb the full cost of the trip. So a current load will reduce by 1/4.

Expect price increases. A battery for an electric truck can weigh up to 16,000 pounds, so the reduced cargo of goods will have to absorb the full cost of the trip. So a current load will reduce by 1/4.

All part of the leftist plan. They want thing to cost more so that our choices in life are limited and dependent on them.

Of course...the fact you might need to build a power plant at every terminal to charge a fleet of trucks is rarely mentioned.

Forum List

Back