LOL: "Coffee Party"

But what do I know...I am some rich greedy successful multi buisiness owner with a home, little debt, a nice living, many friends...and blame no one for any of my failures in life......so what the fuck do I know...

If you're as successful as you claim, I have to ask:

Did you get that way by jumping right into business with anyone that seemed to have a common interest as yourself?

I'd venture to guess the answer is no. If you're successful, part of being successful and staying successful is to do your research, stay informed, and don't just jump when your emotions dictate.

Many in the Conservative movement seem to be motivated by emotion. Once they're confronted with the logical outcomes of their own actions, they always seem to back off, or protest that isn't what they mean. Or worse, they head off into la la land.

That's the reason the Conservatives are so easily manipulated into sticking with the GOP instead of heading off to a third party. In 2010 the Tea Party, the Conservatives, and the GOP faithful will do their best to usher in a GOP majority in Congress promising themselves that "this time will be different."

It won't be. Inside 6 years (if it takes that long) the DeLay's, Frists, and Bushs of this new generation of the GOP will undermine all of the ideals again. Big Government will grow. The Debt will grow.

I sincerely pray the Tea Party, the Conservatives, and yes the Moderates buy a clue and get organized before its too late. However, nothing I've seen from the Tea Parties leads me to believe this will happen.

His quote was:

To which you replied by asking:

My point is this: If you want to get worked up, get informed first or risk looking stupid. That isn't an elitist sentiment, that's just good sense.

I'd say that if good sense is considered elitist by Conservatives, that may explain why the GOP keeps right on successfully duping Conservatives to vote for them year after year.

So you are saying that it is "good sense" to wait until you are well informed before informally joining a group of people with similar interest.

Well, with that mindset, sure I see why you say what you say.

But I do not agree with that "good sense"...

But what do I know...I am some rich greedy successful multi buisiness owner with a home, little debt, a nice living, many friends...and blame no one for any of my failures in life......so what the fuck do I know...
informally or formally joining a group can get one into trouble. A neonazi or an anarchist could be like minded on one subject, but I'd have to be really informed on what the group was all about before I joined others.

Sure...compare it to neonazi's and I understand.
But these were peaceful gatherings....sort of like the sit ins of the 60's.

But if you wish to compare it to neonazi's...then I am not interested in discussing it further with you. We see life differently.
You are a mod on a board with about 100 people at any given time.
I employ over 100 people, with an annual payroll of over 5 million.
I like the way I see life and how it has helped me grow....... and care not to follow your example.
Cya.

If you're as successful as you claim, I have to ask:

Did you get that way by jumping right into business with anyone that seemed to have a common interest as yourself?

I'd venture to guess the answer is no. If you're successful, part of being successful and staying successful is to do your research, stay informed, and don't just jump when your emotions dictate.

Many in the Conservative movement seem to be motivated by emotion. Once they're confronted with the logical outcomes of their own actions, they always seem to back off, or protest that isn't what they mean. Or worse, they head off into la la land.

That's the reason the Conservatives are so easily manipulated into sticking with the GOP instead of heading off to a third party. In 2010 the Tea Party, the Conservatives, and the GOP faithful will do their best to usher in a GOP majority in Congress promising themselves that "this time will be different."

It won't be. Inside 6 years (if it takes that long) the DeLay's, Frists, and Bushs of this new generation of the GOP will undermine all of the ideals again. Big Government will grow. The Debt will grow.

I sincerely pray the Tea Party, the Conservatives, and yes the Moderates buy a clue and get organized before its too late. However, nothing I've seen from the Tea Parties leads me to believe this will happen.

Joining a sit in out of curiosity compared to a business venture.

You are certainly reaching traveler.

Joining a sit in out of curiosity compared to a business venture.

You are certainly reaching traveler.

So you don't apply the same level of care and thoughtfullness to your political choices as you do to your business choices?

Interesting....

So you are saying that it is "good sense" to wait until you are well informed before informally joining a group of people with similar interest.

Well, with that mindset, sure I see why you say what you say.

But I do not agree with that "good sense"...

informally or formally joining a group can get one into trouble. A neonazi or an anarchist could be like minded on one subject, but I'd have to be really informed on what the group was all about before I joined others.

Sure...compare it to neonazi's and I understand.
But these were peaceful gatherings....sort of like the sit ins of the 60's.

But if you wish to compare it to neonazi's...then I am not interested in discussing it further with you. We see life differently.
You are a mod on a board with about 100 people at any given time.
I employ over 100 people, with an annual payroll of over 5 million.
I like the way I see life and how it has helped me grow....... and care not to follow your example.
Cya.

compare it to hippies. there may be drugs or people hiding out with criminal warrants. When dealing with groups of people, I have always been cautious. It is one of the reasons I am alive and a few friends are not.

but we do see life differently. I can enjoy myself with a crowd without getting lost in a group identity. I know too much about human behavior and psychology...especially the psychology of mob behavior...or group identity.

and I'm a leader, not a follower...so yes we are different.

:cool:
D.

An Obama Campaign-Community organizer setting up a Facebook page is not the same as thousands of people around the company responding to Rick Santelli's rant, and speaking out. The former is an artifact of old style top down community organizing - the latter is the silent, stoic middle class finally saying "Enough". If you don't grok that, then so be it.

An Obama Campaign-Community organizer setting up a Facebook page is not the same as thousands of people around the company responding to Rick Santelli's rant, and speaking out. The former is an artifact of old style top down community organizing - the latter is the silent, stoic middle class finally saying "Enough". If you don't grok that, then so be it.

What about the MILLIONS of Americans that protested the war in Iraq?
...and before you say something retarded like "Obama's still in Iraq" - I know. And I don't support him. So seriously, find some other response.
Where do they fit in?

Here is a great clip of Coffee Party Members and their commentary...

"I am involved with the tea party because of my ummmm, fatigue with the obstructionists of the Obama Government..." :eusa_eh:

We all deserve healthcare - that's the bottom line..."

...Why wouldn't you want healthcare, like you know, you wouldn't even have to pay for?

...I want to have a relationship with my government...I am single you know...I want to date my government again. :eusa_eh:

Somethings brewing America!! :eusa_pray:

___

YouTube - Coffee Party: LA Speaks -- LET'S TAKE ACTION

With the key being....

Why wouldn't you want healthcare, like you know, you wouldn't even have to pay for

Are people really this naive?

Yes.. some uber-lefties are....

But what is more scary is that many KNOW it has to be paid for by someone else thru taxation (with incredible red-tape costs).. and that is all well and fine for them because they don't have to pay for it personally.... the selective equality mantra

_____

Except they do pay for it via fewer employment opportunities - though perhaps they are already on the Government payroll and don't care about all the private industry jobs lost...

I wouldn't laugh off a movement using the internet as a primary means of organizing. As I recall a substantial amount of Obama's campaign money in 2008 came from folks that organized on the internet and gave a few spare bucks here and there.

Internet movements aren't as flashy or sensational as boots on the ground grassroots rallies, but they can still swing elections. And this facebook page has a lot of fans.

They're certainly different, but both have legs.

EDIT: I'd add in, don't pretend that in the early days the Tea Parties weren't organized by, you guessed it, political operatives too. The Tea Party hardly has a monopoly on the "silent, stoic, middle class."

Last edited:
I'm not - the internet is fabulous and probably our last best hope to preserve our liberty.

Obama's use of it, however, is rather suspect. There is evidence that his campaign likely laundered illegal donations under fake names, including money from overseas.

...and before you say something retarded like "Obama's still in Iraq" - I know. And I don't support him. So seriously, find some other response.
Where do they fit in?

Hmmmm...I don't recall equating war protestors with the Coffee Drips.

The first Coffee Party Convention is underway!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_JPcBwYGmo]YouTube - Tree hugging moonbats crying over trees[/ame]

I'm not - the internet is fabulous and probably our last best hope to preserve our liberty.

Obama's use of it, however, is rather suspect. There is evidence that his campaign likely laundered illegal donations under fake names, including money from overseas.

Proof?

I'd also add that thanks to the SCOTUS, even if that did happen in 2012 actions like that won't be necessary for either party. Thanks SCOTUS! *sarcasm*

Proof?

I'd also add that thanks to the SCOTUS, even if that did happen in 2012 actions like that won't be necessary for either party. Thanks SCOTUS! *sarcasm*

You don't remember Doodad Pro?

http://www.newsweek.com/id/162403

Where do they fit in?

Hmmmm...I don't recall equating war protestors with the Coffee Drips.

True. I apologize for the straw man.

But still, are you very familiar with the structure and effectiveness of grassroots organizing? I do - I work in the field. To defend the tea parties and ridicule the coffee parties is hypocritical.

I mean, pick one or the other. Defend them both - or ridicule them both. Don't make false distinctions between the two to justify hypocrisy.

True. I apologize for the straw man.

But still, are you very familiar with the structure and effectiveness of grassroots organizing? I do - I work in the field. To defend the tea parties and ridicule the coffee parties is hypocritical.

I mean, pick one or the other. Defend them both - or ridicule them both. Don't make false distinctions between the two to justify hypocrisy.

I started participating early on in my local Tea Party, so I'm pretty familiar with how that has worked. I'll contrast that with the coalition of the Obama Campaign-Administration, Moveon.org, ACORN, and Organizing for America. The Tea Partiers are nothing like the Obama umbrella. Perhaps the Coffee Party is not part of the umbrella org, but the background of the founder indicates otherwise, imo.

Forum List

Back