LOL: "Coffee Party"

Thank you for proving one of my points - Park has been a "community activist" for some time - and worked actively for Obama under the guise of "AsianAmericansForObama" in 2008.

Was the purpose of your post to further substantiate my own? If so, thank you!!!:eusa_angel:

... - an ultra liberal open-borders DC filmaker named Annabel Park. She is a "community activist" who worked actively for Obama under the guise of "AsianAmericansforObama" back in 2008. (Yeah, wonder who is funding her self-made political "movement", eh?) Watch as she invokes her inner Yoko and tells the grand tale of the beginnings of the great movement now known as "Coffee"... :lol::lol:

your weird focus on her ethnic identity aside, you are so wrong as to be worthy of contempt.

why?

The woman was an activist prior to Obama's run. Proof?

[youtube]p0XOmWp-j9c[/youtube]
Brief profile of Asian Pacific American community leader Annabel Park. This interview from November of 2006 (just weeks after the Virginia Senate race) reveals the seeds of what was to become the Korean Amerian Community Corps. Footage from the first ever bilingual Korean American town hall meeting in Annandale, Virginia shows that a "pipe dream" is already a reality.

You try and assert the woman is now a straw for team Obama. That may be true. But you prove nothing. Nothing. Though nothing wrong with it if true, as Axelrod is Obama's Rove.

You inferred that she got her start as a straw for Obama's run for President. That is untrue. She was an activist for a few years before Obama's candidacy for Pres.

She has been an Asian community activist. Just like many of the Tea Party leaders were leaders...and some US House Speakers...and community activists.

I guess it's your deceptive approach to make faux discoveries that annoys. That and your inability to see the hypocrisy you say you dislike, dripping from your every expose.

:eusa_whistle:

When the government is doing what you want them to do, you do not need a "movement"

The folks organizing in the Coffee Party do not feel the government is doing what they want them to do. They, like the Tea Party group, feel that they have needs not met and goals not shared by the government in its current form.

So, they see the need to organize.

So please explain the legitimacy of this movement.

Explained above.

And please explain why it must be labelled in a way that ridicules the name of the opposing movement.

First, why not? This is a reaction to a few different political forces. Gridlock in DC is only one. Some of the folks organizing in this group are disturbed by what they've seen out of the Tea Party and want to organize to stop it.

And finally...why must you personally ridicule those that are expressing their right to free speech by aborting their name and calling them tea baggers?

Why not? I have no issue with some of the issues the Tea Party raises. I personally find them worthy of ridicule because of the antics of their most outspoken, and outright insane, members.

Once the Tea Party rejects its more extreme elements, I'd even be willing to join up. Till then, I have nothing but ridicule for them. But I do take them seriously. That's why I'd support an "anti-Tea Party" movement.

Do you feel the need to ridicule those that disagree with you?

Only when they're being ridiculous. Reasoned debate deserves reasoned response, trite catch phrases and crack pot birther conspiracy theories deserve ridicule.

I'd be hesitant to take the high road here. Most of the folks in this thread so far are a search away from having their own disdain for dissent and willingness to descend into ridicule exposed.

EDIT: Apparently a search won't be needed. Most of the folks in this thread have already descended into ridicule. Well that was easy.

Last edited:
Hah! They call for dialogue, but if your dialogue consists of "less government, reduce taxes" then you're kicked out of their FaceBook page.

When the government is doing what you want them to do, you do not need a "movement"

The folks organizing in the Coffee Party do not feel the government is doing what they want them to do. They, like the Tea Party group, feel that they have needs not met and goals not shared by the government in its current form.

So, they see the need to organize.

So please explain the legitimacy of this movement.

Explained above.

First, why not? This is a reaction to a few different political forces. Gridlock in DC is only one. Some of the folks organizing in this group are disturbed by what they've seen out of the Tea Party and want to organize to stop it.

And finally...why must you personally ridicule those that are expressing their right to free speech by aborting their name and calling them tea baggers?

Why not? I have no issue with some of the issues the Tea Party raises. I personally find them worthy of ridicule because of the antics of their most outspoken, and outright insane, members.

Once the Tea Party rejects its more extreme elements, I'd even be willing to join up. Till then, I have nothing but ridicule for them. But I do take them seriously. That's why I'd support an "anti-Tea Party" movement.

Do you feel the need to ridicule those that disagree with you?

Only when they're being ridiculous. Reasoned debate deserves reasoned response, trite catch phrases and crack pot birther conspiracy theories deserve ridicule.

I'd be hesitant to take the high road here. Most of the folks in this thread so far are a search away from having their own disdain for dissent and willingness to descend into ridicule exposed.

Your response to most of what I said I accept as valid and not debatable.

However...referring to the most outspoken? The radical fringe is always the most outspoken. Should we have labeled civil rights based on the black panthers?
Should we assume all democrastic congressp[eople are like that guy from Florida?
Should we assume all hockey fans are dirtbags based on the few that are loud, obnoxious most noticable and toss bear from the blue seats?
Sorry....I disagree...the fringe is always the loudest.

Let the Coffee Party Begin!!!!

katie-holmes-bump.jpg

However...referring to the most outspoken? The radical fringe is always the most outspoken. Should we have labeled civil rights based on the black panthers?

That has happened.

Should we assume all democrastic congressp[eople are like that guy from Florida?

That's a frequent tactic to win elections. Run against the most insane guy from the other party and make that party disavow them.

Should we assume all hockey fans are dirtbags based on the few that are loud, obnoxious most noticable and toss bear from the blue seats?

I don't go to hockey games because of those guys.

And as such, often need to be disavowed if your side is going to be taken seriously. Lots of Left Wing organizations have had to run and run hard from Code Pink, and for good reason.

Part of the discipline required to be taken seriously by the moderate Americans that help you win elections is learning that not only do you have to point out the other side's shortcomings, but you have to be willing to disavow your own fringes.

Right now, the Tea Party hasn't shown that discipline and as such I'm left wondering if they're condoning it, or just lack the discipline or coordination to successfully reign such elements in. Either result tells me that, at least for now, I don't want to be associated with them despite the fact that I'm sympathetic to their goals.

That has happened.

That's a frequent tactic to win elections. Run against the most insane guy from the other party and make that party disavow them.

I don't go to hockey games because of those guys.

And as such, often need to be disavowed if your side is going to be taken seriously. Lots of Left Wing organizations have had to run and run hard from Code Pink, and for good reason.

Part of the discipline required to be taken seriously by the moderate Americans that help you win elections is learning that not only do you have to point out the other side's shortcomings, but you have to be willing to disavow your own fringes.

Right now, the Tea Party hasn't shown that discipline and as such I'm left wondering if they're condoning it, or just lack the discipline or coordination to successfully reign such elements in. Either result tells me that, at least for now, I don't want to be associated with them despite the fact that I'm sympathetic to their goals.

they may be disorgainzed as they have no leadership...which is common in a grass roots movement.
I personally feel it inapproapriate to label them as anything based on the fringe.
I was at the NYC tea party...more out of curiosity than anything else....and I was impressed. Yes, I saw the fringe.....about 12K people and I saw many signs...but only a small handful that were off color....
Yet the local news...and NYC news is local, but more impressionablke than some local station in Iowa....opted to show the tea party with three pohotos and a 10 second film clip. The three photos were of the fringe.....a guy dressed as a nazi holding a Nazi sign....another freaky looking guy....green painted face and studs in his bald head and peircings all over his face.....he was holding a sign with an aborted fetus...and the third being some guy wearing a confederate uniform...and the film clip was of a small crowd of about 20 people...which I later heard was taken an hour before it was called for......

I did not see those people...and there were thousands there that were like me....NORMAL without offensive signs and behavior.

So the firnge gets the press copverage. Why? The press LOVES sensationalism.

Last edited:
Here is a great clip of Coffee Party Members and their commentary...

"I am involved with the tea party because of my ummmm, fatigue with the obstructionists of the Obama Government..." :eusa_eh:

We all deserve healthcare - that's the bottom line..."

...Why wouldn't you want healthcare, like you know, you wouldn't even have to pay for?

...I want to have a relationship with my government...I am single you know...I want to date my government again. :eusa_eh:

Somethings brewing America!! :eusa_pray:

___

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVwVlvVYlwk]YouTube - Coffee Party: LA Speaks -- LET'S TAKE ACTION[/ame]

I'm getting the impression that most of these Coffee Drips are still sitting at tables by store entrances and public transit trying to sell their surplus Obama 2008 merchandise.

Here is a great clip of Coffee Party Members and their commentary...

"I am involved with the tea party because of my ummmm, fatigue with the obstructionists of the Obama Government..." :eusa_eh:

We all deserve healthcare - that's the bottom line..."

...Why wouldn't you want healthcare, like you know, you wouldn't even have to pay for?

...I want to have a relationship with my government...I am single you know...I want to date my government again. :eusa_eh:

Somethings brewing America!! :eusa_pray:

___

YouTube - Coffee Party: LA Speaks -- LET'S TAKE ACTION

Priceless

Forum List

Back