Lol, and Trump Finishes Jebba the Booosh in this 15 Second ad

This is Trump not playing according to the rules of politics but the rules of cut throat capitalist competition.

As he has proven 'teflon' so far, I kind of pity what is coming Jebba's way.

But, that is the route Jeb Bush's father took. Is it not? Utilize fear.

Lol, and responding due to fear is inherently bad, why?

I fear that our country is being auctioned off by corporate entities to the highest bidder and their wont be anything left for our kids.

That makes me evil or something?

the ad might have a point if JEB was referring to the crimes they committed after they got here, and not the crime of crossing the border.

I don't give a rats ass if Bush is in or not.

but the ad is a lie.

It's funny. It's the exact same kind of ad that Jeb's father kicked out.

and.....

Horton didn't do that?

oops, guess he did.

Willie Horton - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I think this is over your head.

No, he is right. Horton did the killing described in the ad. Where is the lie in that?

Did Jeb Bush say that we had people crossing the boarder illegally as an act of love? It isn't a lie. Is there no Gaona, Sanchez, or Hyde? That isn't a lie. Did he take it way the hell out of context? Yep.

Bush`s Maid Deported

US FL: Russian Mafia Thrives In South Florida

The American Dream? Or American illusion? | StAugustine.com

I bet a lot of people are going to wish they would have just addressed the issue as it was originally----depressing wages for Americans.

If you keep it honest and play fair, everyone wins. The last line in your last post was hyper important. Keep this up. The lying nastiness of distorting the facts about the Willie Horton ad drags you down and makes you small

Every time I read another account of some illegal alien killer, I could hear Jebbie slobbering over acts of love.

So glad that Trump is making him eat those words.

Huckabee is one of the Republican Party's most popular figures
No he isn't.

The polls say he is more popular than Jebba the Boooooosh.
Being in the running (and in single digits) does NOT make you "one of the most popular figures".

Hucklebee is still in the top ten, unlike some....

Trump breaks new Ceiling in National GOP Poll
Single digits and falling.

Huckabee is one of the Republican Party's most popular figures
No he isn't.

The polls say he is more popular than Jebba the Boooooosh.
Being in the running (and in single digits) does NOT make you "one of the most popular figures".

Hucklebee is still in the top ten, unlike some....

Trump breaks new Ceiling in National GOP Poll
Single digits and falling.
Pretty much everyone other than Trump, Carson, Fiorina and Cruz are single digit and falling.

Especially Jebba the Booooosh, and the Liar Rubio.

It's funny. It's the exact same kind of ad that Jeb's father kicked out.

and.....

Horton didn't do that?

oops, guess he did.

Willie Horton - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I think this is over your head.

No, he is right. Horton did the killing described in the ad. Where is the lie in that?

Did Jeb Bush say that we had people crossing the boarder illegally as an act of love? It isn't a lie. Is there no Gaona, Sanchez, or Hyde? That isn't a lie. Did he take it way the hell out of context? Yep.

Bush`s Maid Deported

US FL: Russian Mafia Thrives In South Florida

The American Dream? Or American illusion? | StAugustine.com

I bet a lot of people are going to wish they would have just addressed the issue as it was originally----depressing wages for Americans.

If you keep it honest and play fair, everyone wins. The last line in your last post was hyper important. Keep this up. The lying nastiness of distorting the facts about the Willie Horton ad drags you down and makes you small

No. Pretending that the Willie Horton ad was "special" is not the way to go.

The Willie Horton Thing Gets my Goat. The thing is, Willie should never never been released. We had a similar event happen in Oregon back in 1978, which sank a popular democrat governor when he released a prisoner named Carl Cletus Bowles under the exact same program. Carl went on to kill six people in Oregon, Washington and Idaho. Washington got him finally and refused to extradite him to Oregon. They held onto him till he died.
After Oregon's experience with that program no other state should have done that again. That Mass. did that under Dukakis speaks to the hubris or incompetence of Dukakis.
Horton was a killer. He killed again and again. That is what the ad talked about. A multi killer turned loose by an incompetent governor.

The Willie Horton Thing Gets my Goat. The thing is, Willie should never never been released. We had a similar event happen in Oregon back in 1978, which sank a popular democrat governor when he released a prisoner named Carl Cletus Bowles under the exact same program. Carl went on to kill six people in Oregon, Washington and Idaho. Washington got him finally and refused to extradite him to Oregon. They held onto him till he died.
After Oregon's experience with that program no other state should have done that again. That Mass. did that under Dukakis speaks to the hubris or incompetence of Dukakis.
Horton was a killer. He killed again and again. That is what the ad talked about. A multi killer turned loose by an incompetent governor.

The furlough program has long been a source of controversy in Massachusetts. As the Dukakis campaign is quick to note, it began in 1972 under a Republican Governor, Frank Sargent. And the most controversial part of the program, the practice of giving furloughs to first-degree murderers sentenced to life without parole, was the result of a decision by the Supreme Judicial Court of Massachusetts, which held that such inmates were eligible under the 1972 law that created the program because the statute did not exclude them.

For all of that, the Dukakis administration long supported, and at times actively defended, the practice of giving furloughs to inmates serving life terms without parole. In 1976 Mr. Dukakis refused to sign legislation that would have barred such prisoners from receiving furloughs and would have required a number of other restrictions. The Question of Risk

In the furor over Mr. Horton's arrest, the Dukakis administration stopped giving furloughs to the inmates until the program could be reviewed. But Mr. Dukakis officially changed his stance only last March, at the height of his campaign for the Democratic Presidential nomination, when he was confronted with a resolute Legislature, a public outraged by the Horton case and the strong possibility of being overruled by a ballot initiative this fall.

At the heart of the debate over the furlough system in Massachusetts was the question of acceptable risk. Since the program began, 10,835 inmates have participated; 428 of them escaped and 219 returned late, according to the State Department of Corrections. Fourteen of them are still at large. No more than 55 inmates serving life without parole participated in the furlough program in any given year, according to the state; 11 of them have escaped, including Mr. Horton. Of those 11, 5 were convicted of other crimes committed after they escaped, according to a state legislative report, and one is still at large.

Mr. Horton is now serving two life sentences plus 85 years in Maryland for the attack on the Barneses. Escape Rate Has Declined

Massachusetts officials have defended the escape rate, which has declined in recent years as the program has been tightened. They describe the furlough program as a valuable tool to reintegrate prisoners into society, and say that prisoners in the program have a significantly lower recidivism rate than prisoners who are not. But critics say the Horton case proved the risk was too high for prisoners serving a sentence of life without parole.
Prison Furloughs in Massachusetts Threaten Dukakis Record on Crime

The states aren't on the same page. They never are. There are a lot of issues that arise that you can stand back and look at how it fails in one state or two states or three states and yet none of the top dawgs in the fourth or fifth state manage to see it. They don't share information. They don't see it internationally either. It really ticks me off and it is absolutely mind blowing--especially in this day and age.

I was going to type out another paragraph but instead, I'm gonna crash.

The furlough program has long been a source of controversy in Massachusetts. As the Dukakis campaign is quick to note, it began in 1972 under a Republican Governor, Frank Sargent. And the most controversial part of the program, the practice of giving furloughs to first-degree murderers sentenced to life without parole, was the result of a decision by the Supreme Judicial Court of Massachusetts, which held that such inmates were eligible under the 1972 law that created the program because the statute did not exclude them.

For all of that, the Dukakis administration long supported, and at times actively defended, the practice of giving furloughs to inmates serving life terms without parole. In 1976 Mr. Dukakis refused to sign legislation that would have barred such prisoners from receiving furloughs and would have required a number of other restrictions. The Question of Risk

In the furor over Mr. Horton's arrest, the Dukakis administration stopped giving furloughs to the inmates until the program could be reviewed. But Mr. Dukakis officially changed his stance only last March, at the height of his campaign for the Democratic Presidential nomination, when he was confronted with a resolute Legislature, a public outraged by the Horton case and the strong possibility of being overruled by a ballot initiative this fall.

At the heart of the debate over the furlough system in Massachusetts was the question of acceptable risk. Since the program began, 10,835 inmates have participated; 428 of them escaped and 219 returned late, according to the State Department of Corrections. Fourteen of them are still at large. No more than 55 inmates serving life without parole participated in the furlough program in any given year, according to the state; 11 of them have escaped, including Mr. Horton. Of those 11, 5 were convicted of other crimes committed after they escaped, according to a state legislative report, and one is still at large.

Mr. Horton is now serving two life sentences plus 85 years in Maryland for the attack on the Barneses. Escape Rate Has Declined

Massachusetts officials have defended the escape rate, which has declined in recent years as the program has been tightened. They describe the furlough program as a valuable tool to reintegrate prisoners into society, and say that prisoners in the program have a significantly lower recidivism rate than prisoners who are not. But critics say the Horton case proved the risk was too high for prisoners serving a sentence of life without parole.

The states aren't on the same page. They never are. There are a lot of issues that arise that you can stand back and look at how it fails in one state or two states or three states and yet none of the top dawgs in the fourth or fifth state manage to see it. They don't share information. They don't see it internationally either. It really ticks me off and it is absolutely mind blowing--especially in this day and age.

I would have imagined the Bowles case caused a big enough stink to sink the program. A three state crime spree by an escapee from the same program should have got noticed by the national media. You don't allow some people back out, ever. Bowles was original a death row inmate, but Oregon got rid of the death penalty after his conviction. After the Bowles case Oregon reinstituted the Death penalty.

Reagan got burned by the same program, but I forget the inmates name.

Anyway, as you see from the article you quoted.... Hubris or incompetence or a combination of the two. And the officials in Maryland were pissed at the officials in Mass like the officials in Washington were mad at the officials in Oregon

Last edited:

I would have imagined the Bowles case caused a big enough stink to sink the program. A three state crime spree by an escapee from the same program should have got noticed by the national media. You don't allow some people back out, ever. Bowles was original a death row inmate, but Oregon got rid of the death penalty after his conviction. After the Bowles case Oregon reinstituted the Death penalty.

Reagan got burned by the same program, but I forget the inmates name.

Anyway, as you see from the article you quoted.... Hubris or incompetence or a combination of the two. And the officials in Maryland were pissed at the officials in Mass like the officials in Washington were mad at the officials in Oregon

Run a search on escape work release. Run a search on escape ankle monitor. Then talk to me about hubris and incompetence. Note the actual program was put into play by the Republican governor. Note that the attack ad by Bush didn't attack the program itself even though there were a number of states that utilized it.
NE Portland prison escape: 7th Oregon DOC escape since April 2014
Oregon fugitive accused in shooting caught at Canadian border

I dislike Huckabee. He is very cunning and calculated and ---he is a fraud. After Maurice Clemmons shot four officers, I wanted to know who dropped the ball. I wanted to know how the hell that this could be allowed to happen. There are a multitude of issues that were present. None of them have been resolved. For all intensive purposes, I could very easily slap the bejeezes out of Huckabee. Except it doesn't address the problems.

The reality is that Bush kicked out an attack ad and this one came right back around and smacked Jeb.

Forum List

Back