Local Pennsylvania bridal shop harassed and threatened by LGBT activist after turning away same sex

In July of 2017, a local bridal shop in Pennsylvania received threatening voicemails from LGBT activists, after a same-sex couple was denied service because it violated the shop owners moral obligation to uphold Christian values. Similar organizations have fallen victim to the viciousness of the LGBT supposedly tolerant community. Posted on the Bridal shop’s Facebook page were two voicemails

Local Pennsylvania Bridal Shop Harassed and Threatened By LGBT Activists After Turning Away Same Sex Couple
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CREATING hate where there was none isn't it grand. wait until it all falls down around their superior attitudes and they're all knocked back down on their asses.
Sounds to me like both sides are guilty of "superior attitudes." "Moral obligation to uphold Christian values?" Nothing superior in that, oh no.
Christians DO have a moral obligation to uphold the values of the religion they practise - as do the followers of other religions.
When they don’t, people like you are quick to jump in and call them hypocrites/fake Christians, when they do, you say they are bigots and ‘superior’!

Last edited:
In July of 2017, a local bridal shop in Pennsylvania received threatening voicemails from LGBT activists, after a same-sex couple was denied service because it violated the shop owners moral obligation to uphold Christian values. Similar organizations have fallen victim to the viciousness of the LGBT supposedly tolerant community. Posted on the Bridal shop’s Facebook page were two voicemails

Local Pennsylvania Bridal Shop Harassed and Threatened By LGBT Activists After Turning Away Same Sex Couple

CREATING hate where there was none isn't it grand. wait until it all falls down around their superior attitudes and they're all knocked back down on their asses.
Sounds to me like both sides are guilty of "superior attitudes." "Moral obligation to uphold Christian values?" Nothing superior in that, oh no.
Christians DO have a moral obligation to uphold the values of the religion they practise - as do the followers of other religions.
When they don’t, people like you are quick to jump in and call them hypocrites/fake Christians, when they do you say they are bigots and ‘superior’!
And Americans DO have a moral obligation to uphold the values of equality we strive to live by.
Both sides here have their noses stuck in the air, I think.

When they don’t, people like you are quick to jump in and call them hypocrites/fake Christians, when they do you say they are bigots and ‘superior’!
And Americans DO have a moral obligation to uphold the values of equality we strive to live by.
I don’t think Christians attempting to adhere to their moral obligations is sticking their noses in the air, it’s simply practising their religion.
There are plenty of shops not owned by Christians, why insist on something you know goes against a persons beliefs when you absolutley do not have to do that? (Rhetorical - as we all know the answer).

I don’t think Christians attempting to adhere to their moral obligations is sticking their noses in the air, it’s simply practising their religion.
There are plenty of shops not owned by Christians, why insist on something you know goes against a persons beliefs when you absolutley do not have to do that? (Rhetorical - as we all know the answer).
Personally, I wouldn't. I don't know this couple did. People don't put signs in the window saying "We are too good to serve gays." But either way, I think no matter how many times people try to discriminate in their public businesses, they're going to keep getting called on it.

If they morally objected to a mixed race couple?

Since when does a business get to pass judgement on who you are marrying? What if they object to you marrying a fat woman?

The cake folks made some sense, they had to make the cake and decorate it with a gay theme. A dress is off the shelf correct? How do you make a gay dress?

Since when does a business get to pass judgement on who you are marrying? What if they object to you marrying a fat woman?
AFAIK, JC didn’t say anything at all about mixed race couples.

I don't think any of the Abrahamic religions ban mixed race couples. Remember, it's a religious freedom issue.

Personally, I wouldn't. I don't know this couple did. People don't put signs in the window saying "We are too good to serve gays." But either way, I think no matter how many times people try to discriminate in their public businesses, they're going to keep getting called on it.
If Christians were to put a sign up it clearly wouldn’t say ‘we are too good to serve gays’ - as that isn’t the reason they don’t want to be participants in gay weddings and don’t want to carry out actions that suggest they condone same sex marriage. But I’m sure you already know that, despite your repeated attempts to characterise the situation otherwise.
Yes, I’m sure the alphabet people will keep pushing their christianophobic agenda- and I’m sure the Christians will keep fighting for their right to practise their religious beliefs - as they should.

What difference does it make what the reason a business objects to your wedding?

Are gays normal people, or special people?
Just people
Then why are other people forced to sell them things not offered to anyone who isn't gay.
Your statement makes no sense......elaborate
Are gay people normal, or are they special?
You are special
Can I force you to sell me items you don't carry?

Just people
Then why are other people forced to sell them things not offered to anyone who isn't gay.
You are special
You still are not making a valid point

You are special
You still refuse to acknowledge it. Since you say I'm special, can I force you to sell me items you don't carry?

What difference does it make what the reason a business objects to your wedding?
You asked the question - it seemed to matter to you - I answered.

If Christians were to put a sign up it clearly wouldn’t say ‘we are too good to serve gays’ - as that isn’t the reason they don’t want to be participants in gay weddings and don’t want to carry out actions that suggest they condone same sex marriage. But I’m sure you already know that, despite your repeated attempts to characterise the situation otherwise.
Yes, I’m sure the alphabet people will keep pushing their christianophobic agenda- and I’m sure the Christians will keep fighting for their right to practise their religious beliefs - as they should.
The alphabet people are pushing against (some) Christians because those Christians are passing judgment on them and trying to refuse them lawful services.

I went to Sunday school, too, Tilly. I was not taught what these Christians were taught. It doesn't make much sense to me except as plain old fashioned bigotry, the same kind that made life lonely and miserable for a dearly loved family member of mine. I'm glad that's (almost) over for people. Not quite, though.

You are special
You still refuse to acknowledge it. Since you say I'm special, can I force you to sell me items you don't carry?
What don’t you carry?

You asked the question - it seemed to matter to you - I answered.
You failed...try again

Forum List

Back