1st Amendment, Bakers, Bridal Shops, Adoption, Etc; A Religious Rejection Explained (Condensed)

Silhouette

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2013
So far we have several legal issues going on with the cult of LGBT vs Christianity. We've heard many arguments pro and con. Here are just a few:

Local Pennsylvania bridal shop harassed and threatened by LGBT activist after turning away same sex

Sex Change: Physically Impossible, Psychosocially Unhelpful, and Philosophically Misguided

Oregon Bakers: You get to pay 135,000 for being radical religious morons, Judge so orders!

And currently in the courts as we speak is a case where two lesbians are trying to force Catholic charities to disgorge orphans in their charge into a contractually forced fatherless home for life:

Dumont v Lyons 2017 : Will Fathers (or Mothers) Be Judicially-Legislated Into Irrelevance?

And I believe photographers, caterers and so forth are similarly being forced to their knees in faith.

So I offer the following to those who think that religious objection is "silly", "unfounded", "unconstitutional", "wrong", "bigoted", "illegal" and so forth. Inspired from the Pennsylvania thread linked above. The 1st Amendment is very important in regards to free will. And America is all about free will; and perhaps why it is said to be the most important to God.

(This conversation is between me, an agnostic/pragmatic Christian-type moderate/conservative and an atheist, I would assume, moderate/conservative)

Real change is accomplished by raising awareness, educating and informing.

As an atheist, I'm not offended by a Christian's opinion of me or my way of life because I am secure in who I am. I know that their moral judgments don't come from knowledge but rather come from pat doctrine told to them by someone else. So when discussing the issue with a Christian I inform by pointing out the inconsistencies of their beliefs.

Well I'm sort of a pragmatist Christian. I'll point out the CONSISTENCY of their beliefs when taken into a larger context that may be a Plan larger than the average person (nearly all of us, hence the need for guidance by a faith) can wrap their head around.

Let's take the mandates about homosexuality in the New Testament. We'll leave the old Jewish Laws out of it. In their day and age, they were also a sort of pragmatic scheme for dealing with a more brutal society back then. The scheme fits the day and age.

One example of pragmatism in Old, outdated Jewish law, but that was totally called for in the day and time: the prohibition of pork especially and Kosher law about foods. Look at all the foods and you'll see why. Pork carried many diseases and cooking fires weren't always stoked with enough fuel to cook it properly. Eating it caused illness and death. So ignorance abounded back then, as did a lack of enough cooking fuels, so the Order was "Pork is evil, avoid it". And that just to keep the denizens from killing themselves. Also I think shellfish are forbidden. Same thing, only refrigeration was the problem. The time it took the donkeys to haul the shellfish to market, sitting in the sun, hauling it home, finally cooking it (if there was enough fuel) and you're going to get sick as a dog if you eat it. Etc. etc. Times have changed in diet and so we see these things as "silly" to prohibit.

The New Testament says that you love the sinner, not the sin. With regards to homosexuality, a Christian must not aide or abet the spread of homosexuality "as normal or condoned" within a society. To do so is a mortal sin, unforgivable, earning the Christian eternal damnation in the Pit of Fire. What was done to Sodom was given as an example of God's displeasure with such an enabling. So says Jude 1. For further expounding, read Romans 1 as well, midway to the end of the passage.

The pragmatic reason is in the lesson of Sodom. God's larger plan involves a test. And that test involves a human matrix that is complex, with various concrete roles in any given culture at any given time. The role of male is always dominant more or less. Travel to any enlightened country and you will see this even in very subtle forms. The role of female, less so, different. These are just examples of "different roles" mind you. The gamut is nearly endless if you think about 7 billion people. This is why I have a problem with evangelists trying to convert other societies. There's a passage in the Bible somewhere I remember about leaving other cultures alone unless they really get totally whacked out.

Enter: afterlife. Anyway, the Christian Bible does speak about an afterlife. However I think the Hindus nailed what that afterlife actually is. All that being said, it's important that people don't understand all this, that they have faith instead. Otherwise the potent lessons are diluted. Don't worry, there's nearly no chance at all that anyone would believe all this. lol.

So back to Sodom's matrix. Homosexuality was allowed such a free reign there for so long that it became as a virtue. Blending genders is synonymous with homosexual behavior. That's because the role of male and female is still always sought in the relationship, but they aren't actually there. So we have man-women or women-men becoming the norm. The roles are watered down and the lessons diluted.

Let's say a guy was a total asshole to women in his last life. Used, abused, raped, murdered etc. In his next life, after a deep cleansing in the fires of agony and torture, he might opt for a role as a woman, to further cleanse himself, or ordered to do that (I'm not entirely sure how God's roster works). If women's roles are flexible enough for him just to choose another woman to lie with, escaping any danger whatsoever of learning his lessons, his lessons will never be learned. I think you see where I'm going with this.

So instead of the Bible's wisdom being some flowery esoteric pile of nonsense, as many atheists consider it, it actually is a very pragmatic guide, that receives occasional updates to keep with the times, when a new Oracle or prophet or "Messiah" comes along. But some things are timeless, and this is why the warnings against homosexuality were plucked from the Old Testament and kept anew. Homosexuality in particular threatens the matrix quite a bit. And if the matrix is upset, the lessons are not learned. And if the lessons aren't learned, there is no reason for our existence.

So, God destroyed Sodom because in that matrix, no child would ever grow up to know that homosexuality was a direct threat to that matrix. And, if they emigrated and started touting their values in other societies, those matrices would be threatened as well. So, God blasted the crap out of Sodom and called the one dude forward, flawed as he himself was, to be saved. And that was because Lot was the only one in town who resisted the advances of homosexual males trying to beat his door down to rape the male visitors Lot had inside with him. Lot literally stood between them and the "distant matrixes" to keep the mental illness from taking root and walking out of that place to another site to begin to grow.

It's pragmatic when you back up and look at it. The lessons of the Bible are allegorical, pragmatic and part of a hidden plan to advance souls. The faithful need not fully understand this. And hence the reason for faith. It's important to understand this at your core, then forget it and rely on faith. Because a person's faith too is also an important test. Faith needs to come from the core of the soul, not intellectual reasoning.

I'm very reticent to say this here or anywhere because saying it exposes something that ought to remain hidden. However the danger of many people reading it is minimal. Even less when you consider fewer will buy it as so. It's a thing that has to be intuited through personal experience, trial and prayer. But those who have been through the ringer, all pretty much arrive at a rough approximation of the foregoing. The majority of people who read this will say "what a load of bullshit!" And to them I say, thank you. That too is part of the Plan.

Last edited:
Here's the problem: if I have faith, it may be wrong or misplaced. Every person of faith has their own ideas as to what to have faith in and no one can prove their claims. So as far as I know, some small band of Amazon indians may have the right faith and everybody else is wrong.

But not to get caught up in a debate about faith, let me just say that, though there are aspects of religion I find unsavory, I understand that most people of faith (and without faith) do so because it makes the universe and everything in it make sense to them.

Some band of Amazon indians may have some elements of the right faith or Divine Scheme. You may recall my comments on evangelizing in my last post? That's not to say that the points I made about allegorical truths being revealed via faith and various matrices aren't true. Being an atheist as opposed to an agnostic means that you have given up on the idea of a Larger Plan directing the show. A Plan you and others may not have intuited the abstract core of. An agnostic just doesn't rigidly adhere to any one faith; while still believing that he is not the Alpha and Omega of Wisdom (with a capital W). I'm just saying don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.

And keeping with the topic, I'm only bringing this up to demonstrate how important it is that we not allow one religion (cult of LGBT) to force another (Christianity) to its knees; subjugating all that good wisdom to the role of slave to the other. Free will among many other things is a paramount ingredient of the Lessons. What LGBTs are after is forcing Christians to not be able to exercise free will to accept or reject another faith's dogma. This is the real evil of the Pennsylvania bridal shop issue. That and being forced to enable or promote a forbidden practice in direct defiance of the Christian's Divine Decree with respect to homosexuality taking over cultures.

This is the background and the heart of the 1st Amendment issue with respect to bakers, bridal shops, caterers and other businesses owned by otherwise flawed people of faith. That's why the cult of LGBT's moans and cries about "Christians are flawed people too, so they're not truly faithful, so they have no standing to resist!" is a red herring. Lot was a flawed muthafucka too. But he had enough of an understanding of God's Law to find favor and forgiveness of his other sins. All Christians are sinners. That can't be a reason to disqualify them from striving to uphold the Faith.

One example of pragmatism in Old, outdated Jewish law, but that was totally called for in the day and time: the prohibition of pork especially and Kosher law about foods. Look at all the foods and you'll see why. Pork carried many diseases and cooking fires weren't always stoked with enough fuel to cook it properly. Eating it caused illness and death. So ignorance abounded back then, as did a lack of enough cooking fuels, so the Order was "Pork is evil, avoid it".
You discredit yourself when you delve into things you don't understand. Those laws are still followed by the followers of Christ today. Some meats and plants were NEVER intended to be eaten.

Other than that, I agree and CARRY ON.

You discredit yourself when you delve into things you don't understand. Those laws are still followed by the followers of Christ today. Some meats and plants were NEVER intended to be eaten.

Other than that, I agree and CARRY ON.

Well I've eaten pork and shellfish plenty of times. Thanks to modern refrigeration & cooking, the Old Testament's Laws as to such were very appropriate for that day and time; but now aren't with any meaning. ie, they only affected God's Plan back in the day because all the hard work of raising a child in a Godly way with his/her very specific role and Plan would all be shot to shit if they died eating worm infested undercooked pork or died of dehydration shitting themselves from bad shellfish, etc. Technology, life expectancy, brutality, local customs and norms all were different as "normal" back in the day. So the Laws then were appropriate. Some still follow them as if they were today. To each their own. But it is the reason, for example, that you see Jews breaking away from kosher and eating pork and shellfish today. Others are more "orthodox".

Homosexuality though is a whole different ball of wax. And hence specific references to it were carried over from the old times to new. There is no other role a person could be born into as challenging as being either male or female and having to adapt, bend & compromise with the opposite sex in normal man/woman relationships. It is through these roles we learn. Without them we do not; not nearly as much as if they were preserved. Homosexuality threatens the very core of this crucial interplay. And it does it by "gender blending" (allowing a back door, a way out). Painful lessons in life are crucial. And we as flawed humans will always be slothful when facing pain. We will always be looking for a back door or an easy way out. Homosexuality provides this in spades.

Yet I do find it funny that gay men are always seeking a hole at the lower end of another person, and have butch/femme roles. Same with dykes and dildos. There is no little amount of closeted heterosexuality in the gay population. Because even they intuit the Divine Plan subconsciously; whether or not they'll admit to it.

Last edited:
Shortcut Silhouette Let's just
declare and recognize the Democratic platform as a political religion.
Cite ADMITTED beliefs proclaimed therein such as "right to health care"
and "right to marriage"

And demand that this political religion be kept out of govt.

What you'll find Silhouette is which people on the right
are equally willing to keep THEIR political beliefs out of govt.

Ah there's the rub.

That's why you won't find as many people making this
argument and defending the law universally.

Either people need to treat right to life and right to health care the same, and keep them both out of govt, or let them both in. Same with LGBT beliefs expression and practices
treated the same as Christian beliefs expressions and practices.

Both sides are demanding this of each other.
But are they willing to enforce the same for their own creeds and keep
both out of govt except where the public agrees to a common policy?

???

Mostly I agree with you, but not about THAT topic.

I don't want to derail your main topic, but this is interesting. After this, I'll drop it.

Why pork is forbidden in Islam, Christianity and Judaism

Dear Death Angel
I'd say that the spiritual process of sustainable health, wholeness balance and harmony come first,
including the consequences of imbalance, conflict or obstruction on this level,
and then the physical manifestations and laws of science follow from there.

The science and physical reality does not dictate the spiritual laws and workings
of the universe, but reflect it. The goal purpose and laws come first, then the rest follows.

Mostly I agree with you, but not about THAT topic.

I don't want to derail your main topic, but this is interesting. After this, I'll drop it.

Why pork is forbidden in Islam, Christianity and Judaism
I don't pretend to expect anyone to accept my OP and 2nd post, or reply to you about kosher foods as dominant to any other argument just because I say it is. It's something to think about though. That's all I offer it up as.

My main point is in striving to address all these hot topics of the day, the flaws in debate mainly. And those IMHO are coming mostly from the LGBT faith. Especially the point about the red herring in post #2 and the attempt on their behalf to eradicate free will in Christians.

I will condense this down into one sentence. You, Mr. Christian, no longer have freedom of association.

Thank you. Both the OP etc. on page one and your condensed version all tell the same story.

The "sex change" part of the LGBT faith is the most audacious of this plan to usurp the matrix. I mean it is the epitome of that.

Last edited:
I will condense this down into one sentence. You, Mr. Christian, no longer have freedom of association.

That's it. The rest really doesn't matter. I want perfect freedom of association: religion is not the issue. Nobody has to be all religious about it and carry on about pork in the Bible. If you think men marrying men is nasty and weird, you should not have to do business with them.

After all, all these coffee shops are now banning policemen and rightwingers who come in to sit down and have coffee ---- and Dick's and Walmart's are forbidding young men to buy guns and ammo at their stores, though it's perfectly legal at 18.

These leftists all get to exclude whomever they want, so why can't people on the other side? I want the same right they have.

In the case of one of the bakers, the guy didn't discriminate based on religion, he in fact had a long history of rejecting anything controversial re cakes, so the sniveling neurotic attention whoring fascista fetishists just shot themselves in the foot as far as some of these people were concerned, but sociopaths are never really embarrassed or sorry about such stupidity on their part.

And it's largely their own fault; they act like passive children in the face of this nasty onslaught from the deviants, baby killers, and assorted psychos that now make up the base of the Democratic Party. I guess they don't mind the march to extermination and Maoist style pogroms.

And, to be clear, I don't see any major distinctions between these left wing cultists and their fellow travellers on the far right, either; they agree on a lot more than they disagree on, despite the rhetorical methods and language used.

That's it. The rest really doesn't matter. I want perfect freedom of association: religion is not the issue. Nobody has to be all religious about it and carry on about pork in the Bible. If you think men marrying men is nasty and weird, you should not have to do business with them.

But men marrying (or sleeping with) men is just another behavioral practice adhered to like dogma. So properly, from a legal standpoint and purely secular argument, this is one faith attempting to use its fundamentally opposed dogma to force another faith to defy its opposed dogma. And, in this country, one faith may not make another convert by force.

But men marrying (or sleeping with) men is just another behavioral practice adhered to like dogma. So properly, from a legal standpoint and purely secular argument, this is one faith attempting to use its fundamentally opposed dogma to force another faith to defy its opposed dogma. And, in this country, one faith may not make another convert by force.

No, no, I believe you are thinking of Climate Change: that's the religion that opposes Christianity. Perversion isn't really a religion ------ and it always trumps religion. If there is a conflict as with the bakers and wedding dress stores, perversion will always win in modern America.

Thank you. Both the OP etc. on page one and your condensed version all tell the same story.

The "sex change" part of the LGBT faith is the most audacious of this plan to usurp the matrix. I mean it is the epitome of that.

Not to worry Silhouette Look on the good side:
With the push to compel a consensus on LGBT policy,
not only are we now having this discussion about faith based creeds and discrimination in public,
but the opportunity to research and uncover the truth about Spiritual Healing is a wide open door.

People have been healed of abuse and changed orientation by that process.
This same spiritual healing has cured cases of not only abuse and addiction,
but other mental and physical diseases. So it cuts the cost of medical treatment,
diseases and crime related to abuse, addiction or other disorders both social mental or physical.

This is the solution to universal sustainable health care that liberals are begging for!
So give them what they ask.

They want regulations on guns so much then require
spiritual diagnosis and healing for all people at risk of mental or criminal disorders.
That will cure the problem by catching it early!

See: www.christianhealingmin.org
www.healingisyours.com
And books by Scott Peck on healing
mental and schizophrenic patients using these methods
(if you can handle the concept of unwanted homosexual
attractions being healed, you can read books by
Francis MacNutt on HEALING and Homosexuality
Can it be Healed)

Last edited:
So far we have several legal issues going on with the cult of LGBT vs Christianity. We've heard many arguments pro and con. Here are just a few:

Local Pennsylvania bridal shop harassed and threatened by LGBT activist after turning away same sex

Sex Change: Physically Impossible, Psychosocially Unhelpful, and Philosophically Misguided

Oregon Bakers: You get to pay 135,000 for being radical religious morons, Judge so orders!

And currently in the courts as we speak is a case where two lesbians are trying to force Catholic charities to disgorge orphans in their charge into a contractually forced fatherless home for life:

Dumont v Lyons 2017 : Will Fathers (or Mothers) Be Judicially-Legislated Into Irrelevance?

And I believe photographers, caterers and so forth are similarly being forced to their knees in faith.

So I offer the following to those who think that religious objection is "silly", "unfounded", "unconstitutional", "wrong", "bigoted", "illegal" and so forth. Inspired from the Pennsylvania thread linked above. The 1st Amendment is very important in regards to free will. And America is all about free will; and perhaps why it is said to be the most important to God.

(This conversation is between me, an agnostic/pragmatic Christian-type moderate/conservative and an atheist, I would assume, moderate/conservative)

Real change is accomplished by raising awareness, educating and informing.

As an atheist, I'm not offended by a Christian's opinion of me or my way of life because I am secure in who I am. I know that their moral judgments don't come from knowledge but rather come from pat doctrine told to them by someone else. So when discussing the issue with a Christian I inform by pointing out the inconsistencies of their beliefs.

Well I'm sort of a pragmatist Christian. I'll point out the CONSISTENCY of their beliefs when taken into a larger context that may be a Plan larger than the average person (nearly all of us, hence the need for guidance by a faith) can wrap their head around.

Let's take the mandates about homosexuality in the New Testament. We'll leave the old Jewish Laws out of it. In their day and age, they were also a sort of pragmatic scheme for dealing with a more brutal society back then. The scheme fits the day and age.

One example of pragmatism in Old, outdated Jewish law, but that was totally called for in the day and time: the prohibition of pork especially and Kosher law about foods. Look at all the foods and you'll see why. Pork carried many diseases and cooking fires weren't always stoked with enough fuel to cook it properly. Eating it caused illness and death. So ignorance abounded back then, as did a lack of enough cooking fuels, so the Order was "Pork is evil, avoid it". And that just to keep the denizens from killing themselves. Also I think shellfish are forbidden. Same thing, only refrigeration was the problem. The time it took the donkeys to haul the shellfish to market, sitting in the sun, hauling it home, finally cooking it (if there was enough fuel) and you're going to get sick as a dog if you eat it. Etc. etc. Times have changed in diet and so we see these things as "silly" to prohibit.

The New Testament says that you love the sinner, not the sin. With regards to homosexuality, a Christian must not aide or abet the spread of homosexuality "as normal or condoned" within a society. To do so is a mortal sin, unforgivable, earning the Christian eternal damnation in the Pit of Fire. What was done to Sodom was given as an example of God's displeasure with such an enabling. So says Jude 1. For further expounding, read Romans 1 as well, midway to the end of the passage.

The pragmatic reason is in the lesson of Sodom. God's larger plan involves a test. And that test involves a human matrix that is complex, with various concrete roles in any given culture at any given time. The role of male is always dominant more or less. Travel to any enlightened country and you will see this even in very subtle forms. The role of female, less so, different. These are just examples of "different roles" mind you. The gamut is nearly endless if you think about 7 billion people. This is why I have a problem with evangelists trying to convert other societies. There's a passage in the Bible somewhere I remember about leaving other cultures alone unless they really get totally whacked out.

Enter: afterlife. Anyway, the Christian Bible does speak about an afterlife. However I think the Hindus nailed what that afterlife actually is. All that being said, it's important that people don't understand all this, that they have faith instead. Otherwise the potent lessons are diluted. Don't worry, there's nearly no chance at all that anyone would believe all this. lol.

So back to Sodom's matrix. Homosexuality was allowed such a free reign there for so long that it became as a virtue. Blending genders is synonymous with homosexual behavior. That's because the role of male and female is still always sought in the relationship, but they aren't actually there. So we have man-women or women-men becoming the norm. The roles are watered down and the lessons diluted.

Let's say a guy was a total asshole to women in his last life. Used, abused, raped, murdered etc. In his next life, after a deep cleansing in the fires of agony and torture, he might opt for a role as a woman, to further cleanse himself, or ordered to do that (I'm not entirely sure how God's roster works). If women's roles are flexible enough for him just to choose another woman to lie with, escaping any danger whatsoever of learning his lessons, his lessons will never be learned. I think you see where I'm going with this.

So instead of the Bible's wisdom being some flowery esoteric pile of nonsense, as many atheists consider it, it actually is a very pragmatic guide, that receives occasional updates to keep with the times, when a new Oracle or prophet or "Messiah" comes along. But some things are timeless, and this is why the warnings against homosexuality were plucked from the Old Testament and kept anew. Homosexuality in particular threatens the matrix quite a bit. And if the matrix is upset, the lessons are not learned. And if the lessons aren't learned, there is no reason for our existence.

So, God destroyed Sodom because in that matrix, no child would ever grow up to know that homosexuality was a direct threat to that matrix. And, if they emigrated and started touting their values in other societies, those matrices would be threatened as well. So, God blasted the crap out of Sodom and called the one dude forward, flawed as he himself was, to be saved. And that was because Lot was the only one in town who resisted the advances of homosexual males trying to beat his door down to rape the male visitors Lot had inside with him. Lot literally stood between them and the "distant matrixes" to keep the mental illness from taking root and walking out of that place to another site to begin to grow.

It's pragmatic when you back up and look at it. The lessons of the Bible are allegorical, pragmatic and part of a hidden plan to advance souls. The faithful need not fully understand this. And hence the reason for faith. It's important to understand this at your core, then forget it and rely on faith. Because a person's faith too is also an important test. Faith needs to come from the core of the soul, not intellectual reasoning.

I'm very reticent to say this here or anywhere because saying it exposes something that ought to remain hidden. However the danger of many people reading it is minimal. Even less when you consider fewer will buy it as so. It's a thing that has to be intuited through personal experience, trial and prayer. But those who have been through the ringer, all pretty much arrive at a rough approximation of the foregoing. The majority of people who read this will say "what a load of bullshit!" And to them I say, thank you. That too is part of the Plan.
Public accommodations laws with provisions for sexual orientation have nothing to do with the First Amendment, religious liberty, or free association.

Public accommodations laws are perfectly necessary, proper, and Constitutional pursuant to Commerce Clause jurisprudence (Heart of Atlanta Motel, Inc. v. United States (1964)).

The thread premise is yet another rightwing lie, yet another example of rightwing bigotry and hate, and yet another example of conservative demagoguery.

No, no, I believe you are thinking of Climate Change: that's the religion that opposes Christianity. Perversion isn't really a religion ------ and it always trumps religion. If there is a conflict as with the bakers and wedding dress stores, perversion will always win in modern America.
Perversion absolutely is a religion. It's totally behavioral. People rejecting science on climate change are some of the blind-dogmatic ones. They're rejecting science.

Public accommodations laws with provisions for sexual orientation have nothing to do with the First Amendment, religious liberty, or free association.

Public accommodations laws are perfectly necessary, proper, and Constitutional pursuant to Commerce Clause jurisprudence (Heart of Atlanta Motel, Inc. v. United States (1964)).

The thread premise is yet another rightwing lie, yet another example of rightwing bigotry and hate, and yet another example of conservative demagoguery.

Public accommodation at a local level cannot usurp the 1st Amendment. That's the crux of this entire thread. And, you will find this out in the courts soon enough.

And it's largely their own fault; they act like passive children in the face of this nasty onslaught from the deviants, baby killers, and assorted psychos that now make up the base of the Democratic Party. I guess they don't mind the march to extermination and Maoist style pogroms.

And, to be clear, I don't see any major distinctions between these left wing cultists and their fellow travellers on the far right, either; they agree on a lot more than they disagree on, despite the rhetorical methods and language used.

The one thing I have noticed on the left over the last 40 rears is that it is no longer do your own thing, but do what we tell you. The libertarian infused liberalism has been replaced by lock step authoritarianism. Also, the degree of mindless adherence to dogma has come to the point it rivals the most fierce bible thumpers on the right.

Forum List

Back