Lmao At The New National Review Cover!!!

Not that the Left was any different under Bush.

It's the same music. Everyone has just traded bibs with their opposites.

Here's how you do it:

1. We need to put boots on the ground. As tired and worn out as our troops are, we need to put boots on the ground. We cannot defeat the enemy just from the air. Everyone knows this, but no one will say it out loud.

2. More importantly, we need Saudi Arabia, above all others, to put their boots on the ground. Saudi Arabia is most responsible for Al Qaeda and ISIL/ISIS for even existing. And they need to be the primary ones shedding their blood for that colossal fuckup.

3. Saudi Arabia again. Obama needs to pressure the Sauds to start cranking out more oil and drive the price down. Flood the market. This will put a huge economic bite on Putin, who depends on oil revenues to pay for his aggression in the Ukraine.

That's just for starters. Feel free to add.

Our friends at Fox are reporting that Sunday's 60 Minutes will feature Leon Panetta testifying that he opposed the OBABBLE decision to pull all the troops out of Iraq. He also wanted to train the farmers, dentists, and pharmacists back in 2011/12....just wanted to give g0000 and the other LIBTARDS time to dig up shit on Leon.

Nuke-Animation.gif
Nuke-GIF.gif

Best. gifs. EVER. :thup:

shartanmen square said:
A guess a picture truly is worth a thousand words. :badgrin:

September 22 2014 National Review Online

smedlybutler said:
Yep, reminds me of this guy,

MAIN-IMAGE_Copyright-Jeff-Widener-Associated-Press-620x270.jpg

g5000 said:
Its supposed to conjure up this memory:

2hybf37.jpg

cold hearts and even colder stank-ass sharts said:
And you know this how?

Did you write the piece?

Are you an editor at the National Review?????

Moron.

stephanie said:
It did get his panites all bunched up, didn't it. lol

Sounds like you're inferring the wrong thing from what I said to him, Steph:

G5000 is not smart enough to write for the National Review.

In my prior post, I was merely implying that it's pretty stupid for one to assume that he/ she/ (or, as is the case with many Dems ..) it knows the aim of a story's author before he's/ she's/ it's ever learned anything about the author, or even read the story itself.

But that's what little goody-goody, far-left-liberal Democrats who've never gotten their hands dirty do.

That's what I was sayin', Steph. :thup:

Yo, Shorty, this went right over your head.

Ask stoopid stuff - she's stoopid but she's old enough to understand the reference.

How about "He" puts on his big-girl panties and actually swats some of the terrorist groups rather than just mouthing off about what He's gonna do, maybe, someday. Like obliterate about 100 square miles where best available intel says the leadership even MIGHT be? Don't need to put boots on da ground for that. Not even empty boots. Just one moderate size nuke whose expiration date is coming soon anyway.

Since President Obama has turned out to be quite an aggressive hawk (when circumstances call for it), that is more irony than humorous.

But perfect for idiots on the right who think McCain and Graham have the right idea.

I agree with g5000 ... jerks like the OP are quick to criticize but not one of you has said what you think he should do - especially since congress is on vacation - AGAIN.

Reason for that is you have no frikken clue of anything except humping Pootin's leg and being a traitor to your own country.

But hey, I'm sure shart will come back and post his ideas for what Obama should do ..................................................

:rolleyes-41:

What would be the point in my—or anyone else's here, for that matter—doing that? In making a long, provocative, politically-astute post to try to help all of us (myself included) go about understanding what's at stake in the current Middle East foreign policy debacle and/ or how to go about resolving it?

Some goddamned moron like yourself would just pounce into the thread and try to hijack it by talking about the Tea Party and making outright slanderous accusations about Tea Partiers—accusing them of being racists because they don't like Obama, or treasonous merely because they admire the cult of personality that is Vladimir Putin—themselves if I were to do that.

And if that wouldn't be enough already, the moron in question would then cry like a bitch to the mods that a Tea Partier called him a horrible name for said moron's having attempted to hijack said thread.

Nope.

I can't see myself going über-cerebral on someone like you to do that, sorry.

You're just not worth it, retard.

No, we're not like Democrats.

Obama will never do what I want him to do smarty-pants.

Nuke-Animation.gif
Nuke-GIF.gif

My prediction is being fulfilled so far:

I predict the ODS sufferers will prevaricate, equivocate, and altogether avoid laying down a realistic course of action.

Just like they always do.
Hey, doesn't involve the dreaded "Boots On The Ground" scenario.

I just think you want to remove any valid options from even being considered and then complain about how we can't come up with any solutions.

shartanmen square said:

smedlybutler said:

g5000 said:

2hybf37.jpg

And you know this how?

Did you write the piece?

Moron.

I'm sure NR's cover review board knew exactly what they were looking for and I'm sure Roberto Palada, the acclaimed cover artist, portraitist and illustrator gave it to them. And if they weren't looking for the exact connotation that g5000 referenced then they all blew it, hmm?
I'm sure g5000's take away probably agrees with 99% of readers.

The contents of the mag seem to be accessible only to subscribers but the cover description of Elbridge Colby's lead article, "on Obama's Unrealism" seals the deal I would say.

And as a bonus, while digging into the artist, I found this cover he did for a rather flattering piece in Newsweek. Kind of captures the innate grandeur and strength of the present Commander-in-Chief, eh?

por1-963x1280.jpg

I think you both must be very young.

Or maybe just stupid

Seriously boy, this isn't a game.
Neither are nukes.
We can't flood the planet like God did so this is the next best thing. Start from scratch so to speak. Everything else just causes retribution.
I don't know if you've been paying attention but these folks don't know how to do anything other than hold a grudge forever.

nuke01_538.gif

Last edited:
shartanmen square said:

smedlybutler said:

g5000 said:

2hybf37.jpg

]And you know this how?

Did you write the piece?

Moron.

g5000 said:
I was a subscriber to National Review probably before you were born,

Prove it.

g5000 said:
so I am familiar with the thought process.

I disagree.

g5000 said:
And that photo is well known to anyone who lived during the Vietnam era.

Two things.

1. So what? What you're saying proves nothing.
  2. Doesn't matter if we've invented a time machine and now gone back to the Battle of Thermopylae, you still can't prove beyond any shadow of a doubt that you know what the author of the National Review article's intentions are.

g5000 said:
Notice the type of flower the boy is putting in the barrel of the rifle. Now look at the NR cover again.

Dumbass.

You still can't prove you know the author's aim. So yeah, again: you are a moron.

I would've loved to have been your undergraduate English composition teacher.

The best part of the job would have been the fun I would have had combing through your works cited pages.

You would likely have needed a very good attorney.

Just sayin'. :badgrin:

You're continuing deeper and deeper into a really flawed argument. It's no good going on and on about the "authors aim". The precise argument should be about what NR's Editor's aim was in giving direction to the cover artist and what the group of editors who made the final decision on the cover intended. There doesn't necessarily have to be a one-to-one correlation between the cover and any particular one of the several articles in that issue. A magazines cover is meant to grab a readers attention and in a fleeting glance at the super market checkout or on a billboard convey an idea that is instantly accessible and reverberates with that reader enough to entice a purchase. And to look any deeper than g5000's interpretation is blowing the whole purpose of good illustration. That's what makes this particular cover a good example of the cover craft.

I'm still waiting for the ODS sufferers to say exactly what they want Obama to do. They are experts at whining about whatever it is he does, but never seem to form enough backbone to say what he should be doing.

I think this cowardice stems from the fear that Obama might actually do what they said he should do, and then they would be in the horrible circumstance of having to support his actions or revert to type and find some way to oppose him anyway.
One start listening to his military advisors who are trained to deal with situations like this second actually try taking their advice third stop telling your enemies what you won't do fourth and finally if your going to fight ISIS/ISIL either go all in or don't go at all stop with these half measures that are designed to go just far enough appease your critics but not so far as to anger your supporters.

shartanmen square said:

smedlybutler said:

g5000 said:

2hybf37.jpg

And you know this how?

Did you write the piece?

Moron.

Uh no.

The moron is anyone who thinks President Obama is giving out flowers.

Think about it.

Well, never mind on the "thinking" part but its just a really dumb graphic.

Oh and BTW, what do YOU think he should do?

shut up, he NEVER listens to what we the people WANTS OR SAYS
If he did we wouldn't have the pos called, OscamCare
he believes ONLY HE knows what's good for us and we can all go to the back of bus if we don't like it

shartanmen square said:

smedlybutler said:

g5000 said:

2hybf37.jpg

And you know this how?

Did you write the piece?

Moron.

luddly neddite said:
Uh no.

The moron is anyone who thinks President Obama is giving out flowers.

Think about it.

Well, never mind on the "thinking" part but its just a really dumb graphic.

Oh and BTW, what do YOU think he should do?

stephanie said:
shut up, he NEVER listens to what we the people WANTS OR SAYS
If he did we wouldn't have the pos called, OscamCare
he believes ONLY HE knows what's good for us and we can all go to the back of bus if we don't like it

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand speakin' of that, their ride's here:

Riding-in-the-Short-Bus.jpg

:badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

Forum List

Back