Little Know Fact: Mitt Romney and Dad marched with Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

It seems that all political threads are circular - they eventually come around to Obama and Clinton...

I see you conveniently forgot to put Bush on your list...

In fact, I'd say Clinton doesn't even qualify for the list of the circularity of political threads these days.

Just Bush and Obama these days...

Because the terrible damage to the country was done by Bush and passed on to Obama. Republicans supporting Bush's fiascoes and obstructing Obama from helping the country is the glue that holds it all together.

Selma got me born

My momma got heavy with child in 1961 because four plus years later my papa did her because Selma happened.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5D1bp6ZZ9s]Mark Rubio Lies to America - YouTube[/ame]

SON OF EXILES????????

I never wrote anything about Rubio because I didn't care. People can be mistaken about what went on BEFORE they were born.

But Mitt lied about something he said he personally witnessed. You guys are something else.

And The ONE didn't know what YEAR Selma happened or what year he was born?

Sure, rderp.

You're all convincing and shit.

:lmao:

Yeah. It's on par with President Obama getting BORN because of Selma!

Obama told his audience that, because some folks had the courage to "march across a bridge" in Selma, Alabama, his mother, a white woman from Kansas, and his father, a black Muslim from Africa, took heart. It gave them the courage to get married and have a child. The problem with that characterization is that Barack Obama, Jr. was born on August 4, 1961, while the first of three marches across that bridge in Selma didn't occur until March 7, 1965, at least five years after Obama's parents met.
-- snopes.com: Say What, Barack?

Snopes does its usual biased apologia for The ONE. But clearly, The ONE is not real good with dates or the notion that time moves FORWARD, not backward.
Or with Jessie Jackson being on the balcony with MLK when he was shot.

dam you cant say shit about republicans before their legs jerk and out comes "but Obama.."

Deflect, dodge, deflect, duck.

dam you cant say shit about republicans before their legs jerk and out comes "but Obama.."

Deflect, dodge, deflect, duck.

Uh, I didn't say this shit about Romney. I'm repeating what Romney said. There is a world of difference.

Romney belonged to a church that discriminated against blacks until the 70's when they were threatened with losing their tax exempt status. Then one of their leaders had a "dream" saying he was "corrected" by "heavenly messengers" and being black was not the "Mark of Cain".

Then he LIED about him and his father marching with Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

And these right wingers want to compare that to Obama and his parents. Obama who is black. About a civil rights movement that had been going on long before 1965. The Supreme Court didn't even strike down the ban on interracial marriage until 1967. Well before Obama was born. You know his parents suffered discrimination.

The incredible staying power of the laws against interracial marriage. - Slate Magazine

(The following is from Alabama state Rep. Alvin Holmes on his effort to get the marriage ban off of the books in Alabama in, get this, 2008.)

"The last time I tried was about three years ago," said Holmes. "It didn't get out of committee." Holmes credits his success to the last election, in which a bevy of Democrats were swept into office.
Holmes wasn't just tidying up the legal code. In parts of rural Alabama, he said, probate judges still refuse to issue marriage licenses to interracial couples.

----------------------------------------------

And you guys attack Obama? Seriously?
You guys are sick puppies. Seriously.

Why do republicans have to justify their support for civil rights when it was the democrat party who fought against it? JFK and his quirky brother authorized Hoover's FBI to illegally spy on MLK and issue propaganda intended to discredit him. Segregationists like Al Gore's father, senator Gore fought against civil rights.

It's a strange history. The Democratic Party was the party of conservatives, confederates and racists. The Republican Party was the party of "liberals". In the 60's, conservatives fled the Democratic party and swelled the ranks of the Republican Party. The liberals and blacks fled the Republican Party which is why it's 90% white today and joined the Democratic Party which is probably the largest true coalition party in the world.

Let me get this "strange history straight", it seems that democrats weren't really democrats? Al Gore's father was really a republican or a confederate? The history revision don't really fly does it?

Obama told his audience that, because some folks had the courage to "march across a bridge" in Selma, Alabama, his mother, a white woman from Kansas, and his father, a black Muslim from Africa, took heart. It gave them the courage to get married and have a child. The problem with that characterization is that Barack Obama, Jr. was born on August 4, 1961, while the first of three marches across that bridge in Selma didn't occur until March 7, 1965, at least five years after Obama's parents met.

Snopes does its usual biased apologia for The ONE. But clearly, The ONE is not real good with dates or the notion that time moves FORWARD, not backward.

Oh please. Civil Rights started before 1960. And it didn't start with one march. How you can compare what Obama's parents went through with Mitt Romney's lies is amazing. You have a lot of nerve.

NO matter what, republicans cant say yup, ou guy screwed up.

Why do republicans have to justify their support for civil rights when it was the democrat party who fought against it? JFK and his quirky brother authorized Hoover's FBI to illegally spy on MLK and issue propaganda intended to discredit him. Segregationists like Al Gore's father, senator Gore fought against civil rights.

It's a strange history. The Democratic Party was the party of conservatives, confederates and racists. The Republican Party was the party of "liberals". In the 60's, conservatives fled the Democratic party and swelled the ranks of the Republican Party. The liberals and blacks fled the Republican Party which is why it's 90% white today and joined the Democratic Party which is probably the largest true coalition party in the world.

Let me get this "strange history straight", it seems that democrats weren't really democrats? Al Gore's father was really a republican or a confederate? The history revision don't really fly does it?

WHAAAAT????

I just outlined the history of both the Democratic and Republican Parties of the 60's. It's not something I made up. That's THE history.

OK, let me ask you. What do YOU think the history is? I have a feeling this is gonna be good. Please, go into "detail". I want to "learn". I'm all "ears". :popcorn:

Oh please. Civil Rights started before 1960. And it didn't start with one march. How you can compare what Obama's parents went through with Mitt Romney's lies is amazing. You have a lot of nerve.

NO matter what, republicans cant say yup, ou guy screwed up.

They even defend him sticking his dog on the roof of the car and giving him a 12 hour ride down the freeway.

In fact, in reference to Mitt hosing down this dog that was scared shitless, one person even asked, "Well, what else COULD HE do?"

WHAAAAT????

I just outlined the history of both the Democratic and Republican Parties of the 60's. It's not something I made up. That's THE history.

OK, let me ask you. What do YOU think the history is? I have a feeling this is gonna be good. Please, go into "detail". I want to "learn". I'm all "ears". :popcorn:

Republicans voted for the civil rights law. Southern democrats like Al Gore's father and the KKK leader that democrats loved in W. Va. tried to obstruct the legislation.

You do realize that one does not have to be physically present with someone to march with someone in a national movement, right?

WHAAAAT????

Republicans voted for the civil rights law. Southern democrats like Al Gore's father and the KKK leader that democrats loved in W. Va. tried to obstruct the legislation.

Exactly. Which is why conservatives fled the Democratic Party and joined the Republican Party. The blacks and liberals left the Republican Party and joined the Democratic Party.

This is not something I made up. It's well known history. Why do you think the Republican Party is 90% white and has so many Confederate members?

You do realize that one does not have to be physically present with someone to march with someone in a national movement, right?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8GpZnJbjz4]Mitt Romney on His Father and Martin Luther King Jr. - YouTube[/ame]

"I saw my father march with Martin Luther King". But it was only a "figure of speech". Oh, sorry, that last part was mine.

Breaking: Mitt just found out a moon base can be used as a tax shelter too. He's in!

So you're going to keep denying that there is no way to interpret it besides your strict interpretation?

Im not terribly surprised.

Forum List

Back