Little child chooses heaven over hospital.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The child chose nothing. She really didn't know what she was choosing. The parents? That what the story is really all about. And this has nothing to do with heaven.

All of us who have had to face death personally or with close family and friends know that sinking feeling, that a child is thankfully unaware of. Must a have been very, very difficult time for the parents.

The mom of the child is a medical professional. Why this painfully personal story was fed to the media is beyond my comprehension.

on edit: note: Five year olds also believe in the Tooth Fairy, Santa Clause, The Easter Bunny, and more

Last edited:
"She made it clear that she doesn't want to go through the hospital again," Michelle wrote. "So we had to let go of that plan because it was selfish."

:cuckoo:

The child chose nothing. She really didn't know what she was choosing. The parents? That what the story is really all about. And this has nothing to do with heaven.

All of us who have had to face death personally or with close family and friends know that sinking feeling, that a child is thankfully unaware of. Must a have been very, very difficult time for the parents.

The mom of the child is a medical professional. Why this painfully personal story was fed to the media is beyond my comprehension.
was this a case of assisted suicide? How is it not?

There was medical intervention to keep the child going. If an adult chose to forego medical attention -- oh wait! Children don't legally get to choose such things

on edit: note: Five year olds also believe in the Tooth Fairy, Santa Clause, The Easter Bunny, and more

Last edited:
While some ethicists disagree with their decision to listen to their daughter, according to CNN, Julianna's doctor supports them, he told CNN.

"She made it clear that she doesn't want to go through the hospital again," Michelle wrote. "So we had to let go of that plan because it was selfish."

:cuckoo:
Heart-wrenching story on the choice the parents had to make. But why did it get shared in the media?

Last edited:

There was medical intervention to keep the child going. If an adult chose to forego medical attention -- oh wait! Children don't legally get to choose such things

In this case?

She should. She's terminal.

While some ethicists disagree with their decision to listen to their daughter, according to CNN, Julianna's doctor supports them, he told CNN.
Ahh, outsiders stepping in on all sides.

Maybe it will fill the empty lives of others to wallow in another person's pain and tragedy

Last edited:

In this case?

She should. She's terminal.
5 year olds now should get to choose what avenue of medical attention they get?

Does the world always go this crazy when children are involved in emotionally heart-wrenching stories?

Myself, I think I would have done exactly as the parents, but that is NOT the point. What business is it of Ethicists, the medical people, or you and I.. And why did the mother share this?

Last edited:
the article says mom had a blog..
Okay. So one has a blog. I guess the terms of having a blog mean you MUST share these things. Okay

my point is, what were the mom's motives? Why share?

Dante is not taking a side, though he thinks she should have waited longer to -- oh wait! Social media. She didn't share it on a blog. She shared it on a sharing web site. I know some of those web sites USED to be private -- invitation ONLY. So, why was it shared?

Last edited:
The Oregon girl is dying from an incurable, degenerative neuromuscular disease called Charcot-Marie-Tooth (CMT), which has had her in and out of hospitals for the past 18 months enduring "countless procedures" and spending "weeks at a time trying to breathe," her mom, Michelle Moon, wrote in a post entitled "My Daughter Wants to Choose Heaven Over the Hospital'" on The Mighty, a website for families struggling with disabilities, serious diseases and life and death issues.

So earlier this year, her parents, Michelle Moon and Steve Snow, asked her what she wanted to do the next time she got seriously ill and needed to go to the hospital.

Their daughter chose heaven, her mom, who also has a blog, wrote on the website.

Dying 5-Year-Old Girl Chooses 'Heaven Over Hospital': 'Don't Worry. God Will Take Care of Me'

Last edited:

Five year olds also believe in the Tooth Fairy, Santa Clause, The Easter Bunny, and more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back