Limits on freedom in the US

Outrage after Netflix pulls comedy show criticising Saudi Arabia

Netflix has taken down an episode of a satirical comedy show critical of Saudi Arabia in the country after officials from the kingdom complained, sparking criticism from Human Rights Watch, which said the act undermined the streaming service’s “claim to support artistic freedom”.

It comes three months after the brutal killing of the Saudi dissident and Washington Post columnist Jamal Khashoggi – which US senators have blamed on the Saudi crown prince, Mohammed bin Salman – and as the war in Yemen continues to devastate the country.

The American comedian Hasan Minhaj was critical of the Saudi heir in an episode of the standup show Patriot Act, delivering a wide-ranging monologue mocking the Saudis’ evolving account of what happened inside the country’s consulate in Istanbul in October, when the journalist was killed.

I sort of think that they are a private company and can do whatever is in their interests. But it does make all these claims of "freedom" in perspective.

Spot on Tom. Netflix, as a company, can air whatever they feel reflects the image they desire as a company.

Wouldn't happen in the state run BBC would it? You could say that Netflix has the freedom to broadcast or refuse to broadcast any program it wants pending law suits and government sanctions. The system works.

There is no doubt that the conservatives on this board would censor and silence all things liberal.

I'm as conservative as they come. On the contrary, censorship of far left ideology is the last thing I would like to see. If I had my choice, they'd make Maxine Waters into a IMAX movie. -- 4K UHD.

MaxineWatersCrazy.jpg

There is no doubt that the conservatives on this board would censor and silence all things liberal.

I'm as conservative as they come. On the contrary, censorship of far left ideology is the last thing I would like to see. If I had my choice, they'd make Maxine Waters into a IMAX movie. -- 4K UHD.

MaxineWatersCrazy.jpg

"...If I had my choice, they'd make Maxine Waters into a ̶I̶M̶A̶X̶ ̶m̶o̶v̶i̶e̶ Saturday morning cartoon..."

:laughing0301:

Outrage after Netflix pulls comedy show criticising Saudi Arabia

Netflix has taken down an episode of a satirical comedy show critical of Saudi Arabia in the country after officials from the kingdom complained, sparking criticism from Human Rights Watch, which said the act undermined the streaming service’s “claim to support artistic freedom”.

It comes three months after the brutal killing of the Saudi dissident and Washington Post columnist Jamal Khashoggi – which US senators have blamed on the Saudi crown prince, Mohammed bin Salman – and as the war in Yemen continues to devastate the country.

The American comedian Hasan Minhaj was critical of the Saudi heir in an episode of the standup show Patriot Act, delivering a wide-ranging monologue mocking the Saudis’ evolving account of what happened inside the country’s consulate in Istanbul in October, when the journalist was killed.

I sort of think that they are a private company and can do whatever is in their interests. But it does make all these claims of "freedom" in perspective.

Are you a product of the Welsh school systems Tommy? Just wondering

Only in their country

If they don’t, the Saudi Prince will torture them and chop their heads off

Netflix has removed content by American comedian Hasan Minhaj from being broadcast within Saudi Arabia at the "request" of the Kingdom.

Netflix Bows To Saudis, Removes Content At Request Of Kingdom

Oh look we kiss the ass of a Bush criminal partner whose always been in bed with the Bushes and the Clintons little Obama the moron is in there too.

Guess they don't want to be liquified, who's crime buddy, Don's as well? Yes booboo, it is all utterly bipartisan isn't it.

It’s a pussy move, but if they wish to keep doing business in that dreadful land than they will have to get in line.

American comedian episode on Saudi Arabia banned. How conservative.

Netflix Drops Hasan Minhaj Episode In Saudi Arabia At Government's Request

Last fall, the world watched as Saudi Arabia's official story about the death of Washington Post columnist Jamal Khashoggi changed, and changed again. A series of contradictory claims and denialscame even as evidence emerged that Khashoggi's killing had been ordered by the country's crown prince.

Many people were angry, and that included the American comedian Hasan Minhaj, who blasted the Saudi government on his Netflix news-comedy show Patriot Act with Hasan Minhaj.

"This is the most unbelievable cover story since Blake Shelton won sexiest man alive," Minhaj joked to his audience.

————

Doesn’t matter what country you’re in, conservatives do the same thing over and over again. They don’t like what people are saying so they try to make what they’re saying illegal.

And Trump and his spawn are Besties with the Saudi royal family.

Be careful America. These people are dangerous.

Last fall, the world watched as Saudi Arabia's official story about the death of Washington Post columnist Jamal Khashoggi changed, and changed again. A series of contradictory claims and denialscame even as evidence emerged that Khashoggi's killing had been ordered by the country's crown prince.

Many people were angry, and that included the American comedian Hasan Minhaj, who blasted the Saudi government on his Netflix news-comedy show Patriot Act with Hasan Minhaj.

"This is the most unbelievable cover story since Blake Shelton won sexiest man alive," Minhaj joked to his audience.

————

Doesn’t matter what country you’re in, conservatives do the same thing over and over again. They don’t like what people are saying so they try to make what they’re saying illegal.

they are as dangerous as people like you are.....

————

Back to feudalism, when things were great.

Forum List

Back