Limits on freedom in the US

Outrage after Netflix pulls comedy show criticising Saudi Arabia

Netflix has taken down an episode of a satirical comedy show critical of Saudi Arabia in the country after officials from the kingdom complained, sparking criticism from Human Rights Watch, which said the act undermined the streaming service’s “claim to support artistic freedom”.

It comes three months after the brutal killing of the Saudi dissident and Washington Post columnist Jamal Khashoggi – which US senators have blamed on the Saudi crown prince, Mohammed bin Salman – and as the war in Yemen continues to devastate the country.

The American comedian Hasan Minhaj was critical of the Saudi heir in an episode of the standup show Patriot Act, delivering a wide-ranging monologue mocking the Saudis’ evolving account of what happened inside the country’s consulate in Istanbul in October, when the journalist was killed.

I sort of think that they are a private company and can do whatever is in their interests. But it does make all these claims of "freedom" in perspective.
How does this put claims of freedom in perspective? You seem mentally challenged
I am showing that there are limits on your freedom .

What "limits" to my liberty are you referring to? Can you as a British citizen simply go out and purchase a firearm? How about your householders and the use of force against intruders? What about property rights? Can you criticize Muslims, gays, or transvestites without being arrested for "hate speech"? Can you even own a knife with a sharp point? Do you have a constitution that guarantees your first amendment rights to free speech, or to arm yourselves?

No. You are not free. You are a slave to whatever your government decides is best for you.
We vote in the government. Putin appoints your government.

Poor Tommy, that BS is circling the drain as you struggle to type your crap

Dossier fails the test of time; Trump-Russia collusion claims now called ‘likely false’

Netflix has taken down an episode of a satirical comedy show critical of Saudi Arabia in the country after officials from the kingdom complained, sparking criticism from Human Rights Watch, which said the act undermined the streaming service’s “claim to support artistic freedom”.

It comes three months after the brutal killing of the Saudi dissident and Washington Post columnist Jamal Khashoggi – which US senators have blamed on the Saudi crown prince, Mohammed bin Salman – and as the war in Yemen continues to devastate the country.

The American comedian Hasan Minhaj was critical of the Saudi heir in an episode of the standup show Patriot Act, delivering a wide-ranging monologue mocking the Saudis’ evolving account of what happened inside the country’s consulate in Istanbul in October, when the journalist was killed.

I sort of think that they are a private company and can do whatever is in their interests. But it does make all these claims of "freedom" in perspective.
How does this put claims of freedom in perspective? You seem mentally challenged

What "limits" to my liberty are you referring to? Can you as a British citizen simply go out and purchase a firearm? How about your householders and the use of force against intruders? What about property rights? Can you criticize Muslims, gays, or transvestites without being arrested for "hate speech"? Can you even own a knife with a sharp point? Do you have a constitution that guarantees your first amendment rights to free speech, or to arm yourselves?

No. You are not free. You are a slave to whatever your government decides is best for you.
If Putin really did that we would have a better government. Better Russian than Democrat. We wouldn't have Chuckie Schumer. San Fran Nan Pelosi or Alexandria Occasional Cortex.

You know damned well the Russians love Chuckie Schumer, San Fran Nan Pelosi, and Alexandria Occasional Cortex. They're the kind of American "useful idiots" and "tools" who give them Russkie bastards a woodie.

That's pure unadulterated bullshit. Vladimir Putin had nothing to do with the 2016 election, regardless of what your communist-tainted media is spewing on you.

Even if it were true, what do you Brits care about communism? You've almost become a communist country yourselves. Even your own former head of the Russia Desk for British intelligence Christopher Steele colluded with the Russians to come up with a fake "dossier", in order to get FISA warrants to spy on the Trump campaign.

Dickhead. Don't try to piss down my leg and tell me it's "raining."
The fact that you consider Russia "communist" helps me to understand your level of intelligence.,

That's pure unadulterated bullshit. Vladimir Putin had nothing to do with the 2016 election, regardless of what your communist-tainted media is spewing on you.

Even if it were true, what do you Brits care about communism? You've almost become a communist country yourselves. Even your own former head of the Russia Desk for British intelligence Christopher Steele colluded with the Russians to come up with a fake "dossier", in order to get FISA warrants to spy on the Trump campaign.

The fact that you consider Russia "communist" helps me to understand your level of intelligence.,

Weak.

What the hell else are they?

Communist Party of the Soviet Union - Wikipedia

But I would expect no less from a bunch of island dwellers who have bad teeth and eat eels, like you Brit-Tards.

U9XWbUS1QNsFWzHp6hzVgEqmB7un9NwQhdpn8nr99zU.png

Last edited:

The fact that you think Saudi limits on Saudi freedoms are limits on freedom in the US helps me to understand your lack of intelligence.

OP, please retract your claim, and change the thread title.
This episode was removed in Saudi Arabia NOT in the U.S.

OP, please retract your claim, and change the thread title.
This episode was removed in Saudi Arabia NOT in the U.S.

Which is about as backwards as a country can be.

But i digress, when governance censors one can cry freedom, when private industry does , one can not

It's just that simple

~S~

You are a loon.

Wrong

You are massively failing to show any such thing.

Your op says limits on freedom IN THE USA.

Your example is a limitation on freedom in Saudi Arabia

You are a loon.

Anyone with an ounce of intelligence and dignity would admit their blunder....and run away as fast as they can from their thread

Not with your thread premise.

Freedom of speech, freedom of expression, freedom of the press concerns solely the relationship between government and those governed, not between or among private persons and private entities – such as Netflix and its subscribers.

No ‘freedom’ was ‘limited’ the consequence of Netflix canceling one of its shows.

And it’s already understood and accepted that our rights, freedoms, and liberties are not ‘unlimited’ – they’re subject to reasonable restrictions and regulation by government consistent with relevant Constitutional case law.

Tommy upset that it wasnt the government ordering Netflix to destroy the film

Everyone would deny SOME PEOPLE "rights" and "freedoms".

There is no doubt that the conservatives on this board would censor and silence all things liberal.

Everyone would deny SOME PEOPLE "rights" and "freedoms".

There is no doubt that the conservatives on this board would censor and silence all things liberal
I wouldn't silence your right to voice an insane OPINION, just your right to govern.

Care to show your work there. Have a link that backs up your bullshit claim with real documented evidence?

They are free to do what they want to provide.
I’m free to take or cancel their service.

See how it works?

Lol
Muslims live to kill other Muslims and people they disagree with… So shut the fuck up you fat tub of shit

Forum List

Back