Limits on freedom in the US

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras
Outrage after Netflix pulls comedy show criticising Saudi Arabia

Netflix has taken down an episode of a satirical comedy show critical of Saudi Arabia in the country after officials from the kingdom complained, sparking criticism from Human Rights Watch, which said the act undermined the streaming service’s “claim to support artistic freedom”.

It comes three months after the brutal killing of the Saudi dissident and Washington Post columnist Jamal Khashoggi – which US senators have blamed on the Saudi crown prince, Mohammed bin Salman – and as the war in Yemen continues to devastate the country.

The American comedian Hasan Minhaj was critical of the Saudi heir in an episode of the standup show Patriot Act, delivering a wide-ranging monologue mocking the Saudis’ evolving account of what happened inside the country’s consulate in Istanbul in October, when the journalist was killed.

I sort of think that they are a private company and can do whatever is in their interests. But it does make all these claims of "freedom" in perspective.

Netflix has taken down an episode of a satirical comedy show critical of Saudi Arabia in the country after officials from the kingdom complained, sparking criticism from Human Rights Watch, which said the act undermined the streaming service’s “claim to support artistic freedom”.

It comes three months after the brutal killing of the Saudi dissident and Washington Post columnist Jamal Khashoggi – which US senators have blamed on the Saudi crown prince, Mohammed bin Salman – and as the war in Yemen continues to devastate the country.

The American comedian Hasan Minhaj was critical of the Saudi heir in an episode of the standup show Patriot Act, delivering a wide-ranging monologue mocking the Saudis’ evolving account of what happened inside the country’s consulate in Istanbul in October, when the journalist was killed.

I sort of think that they are a private company and can do whatever is in their interests. But it does make all these claims of "freedom" in perspective.
How does this put claims of freedom in perspective? You seem mentally challenged

Uh... the first sentence of your article states it was taken down in Saudi Arabia, not the United States.
Sure and we can judge by cancelling our subscription.
We did it.

hahaha... well that was stupid

How does this put claims of freedom in perspective? You seem mentally challenged
I am showing that there are limits on your freedom .

They are a private company at liberty to do whatever is in their interests, having nothing whatsoever to do with limits on ‘freedom’ – in the US or anywhere else.

Your idiocy doesn't limit my freedom.

Uh... the first sentence of your article states it was taken down in Saudi Arabia, not the United States.
Sure and we can judge by cancelling our subscription.
We did it.

hahaha... well that was stupid

You aren't much for reading comprehension, are you? The first sentence says that the company Netflix removed it from their service after the kingdom of Saudi Arabia complained.

In other words, the Saudis complained, and Netflix decided to remove the show. Netflix basically caved in to them. I wonder if any message was delivered to them from Trump concerning this matter?

I'm very concerned about the leadership of Netflix, but this was a private company obeying the law of another country.

This has nothing, or at least very little to do with freedom in OUR country.

Now, if Netflix had removed the show from it's operation in the US, because of complaints from Saudi Arabia, you would have more of a point, though it would still be the libs in charge of Netflix being pussies.

What "limits" to my liberty are you referring to? Can you as a British citizen simply go out and purchase a firearm? How about your householders and the use of force against intruders? What about property rights? Can you criticize Muslims, gays, or transvestites without being arrested for "hate speech"? Can you even own a knife with a sharp point? Do you have a constitution that guarantees your first amendment rights to free speech, or to arm yourselves?

No. You are not free. You are a slave to whatever your government decides is best for you.

What "limits" to my liberty are you referring to? Can you as a British citizen simply go out and purchase a firearm? How about your householders and the use of force against intruders? What about property rights? Can you criticize Muslims, gays, or transvestites without being arrested for "hate speech"? Can you even own a knife with a sharp point? Do you have a constitution that guarantees your first amendment rights to free speech, or to arm yourselves?

No. You are not free. You are a slave to whatever your government decides is best for you.
We vote in the government. Putin appoints your government.

damn-not-even-water-can-put-out-that-burn-meme.jpg

YOu realize that is all the answer we need, right? You just admitted everything he said.

You're full of shit as usual.

That's pure unadulterated bullshit. Vladimir Putin had nothing to do with the 2016 election, regardless of what your communist-tainted media is spewing on you.

Even if it were true, what do you Brits care about communism? You've almost become a communist country yourselves. Even your own former head of the Russia Desk for British intelligence Christopher Steele colluded with the Russians to come up with a fake "dossier", in order to get FISA warrants to spy on the Trump campaign.

Dickhead. Don't try to piss down my leg and tell me it's "raining."

If Putin really did that we would have a better government. Better Russian than Democrat. We wouldn't have Chuckie Schumer. San Fran Nan Pelosi or Alexandria Occasional Cortex.

Forum List

Back