Limbaugh lying again

RealDave

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2016
Driving home from town just ten minutes ago, I heard Rush Limbaugh claim Obama took the citizenship question off the Census.

No wonder Trumpettes are so stupid.

There has been at least three threads making the same claim.

The gateway pundit had a fake news article about it also

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Your article is bullshit. The question was on the “long form” which is now known as the American Community Survey...and it is still on the ACS.

The long form, like the ACS was sent to less than 5% of the country.

/——/ Sez you. I believe The Hill before any of your TDS rants,

Rush is just a voice on the radio. Why do lefties get hysterical about him when they have ABC, NBC, CBS, MSNBC, PBS, NPR and almost all the mulch media not to mention H'wood? If you want to quibble about the census question it seems that the citizenship question was on the census long form but Obama eliminated the long form.

Your article is bullshit. The question was on the “long form” which is now known as the American Community Survey...and it is still on the ACS.

Even The Hill says the OpEd piece is bullshit by adding the disclaimer the ideas expressed are not those of The Hill

Driving home from town just ten minutes ago, I heard Rush Limbaugh claim Obama took the citizenship question off the Census.

Hey, you lying sack of sh**, here is the year 2000 census, it asks point blank if the person is a US citizen. (Question 13)

https://www.census.gov/dmd/www/pdf/d02p.pdf

Now here is the 2010 census.
No question about place of birth or citizenship.

https://www.census.gov/2010census/pdf/2010_Questionnaire_Info.pdf

When Did the U.S. Census Stop Asking About Citizenship?
White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said the question about citizenship was removed from census forms in 2010. Was she correct?
David Emery
  • Published 2 April 2018
  • [...]
The census is a decennial event, meaning it occurs every 10 years. There was a census in 1960, and one in 1970, for example, but there wasn’t one in 1965. It’s unclear why Sanders cited that year as a reference point.

It’s misleading, moreover, to claim that the citizenship question was “removed” from the census in 2010. As noted above, it was a standard question on census forms through 1950; then, for unexplained reasons, it was omitted in 1960 for everyone except residents of New York City and Puerto Rico. Beginning in 1970 and continuing through 2000, the Census Bureau used two different questionnaires to gather information: a short form sent to more than 80 percent of American households which did not inquire about citizenship, and a long form distributed to fewer than 20 percent of American households which did. The long form was discontinued after 2000, so in 2010 every household received the short form — meaning, in effect, that no one was asked for citizenship data in that year’s decennial census. But it wasn’t because any questions were “removed.”

By then, the Census Bureau was relying on another program called the American Community Survey (ACS) to collect most of the same data (including citizenship information) that the long form did, but on an ongoing, annual basis instead of once a decade. That it’s still in use means that technically the Census Bureau never actually stopped asking the citizenship question; to put it more accurately, since 2000 they have only asked the citizenship question of the approximately 3.5 million households (2.6 percent of the population) per year who participate in the ACS survey.

Returning to Sarah Huckabee Sanders’ statement, while it is not absolutely incorrect to claim, as she apparently intended to do, that every census between 1960 and 2010 included a question about citizenship, it is misleading. The vast majority of Americans — the more than 80 percent who only filled out the short form during those years — wouldn’t have been asked about citizenship, because the question only appeared on the long form. And that form ceased to exist after 2000.

Strictly speaking, then, the Trump administration isn’t “reinstating” the citizenship question. They’re calling for it to be added to the short form that will be mailed to every American household in 2020.

It won’t be the first time people are required to divulge their citizenship status on a U.S. census form, but it will be the first time since 1950 that everyone is required to do so.

White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said the question about citizenship was removed from census forms in 2010. Was she correct?
David Emery
  • Published 2 April 2018
  • [...]
The census is a decennial event, meaning it occurs every 10 years. There was a census in 1960, and one in 1970, for example, but there wasn’t one in 1965. It’s unclear why Sanders cited that year as a reference point.

It’s misleading, moreover, to claim that the citizenship question was “removed” from the census in 2010. As noted above, it was a standard question on census forms through 1950; then, for unexplained reasons, it was omitted in 1960 for everyone except residents of New York City and Puerto Rico. Beginning in 1970 and continuing through 2000, the Census Bureau used two different questionnaires to gather information: a short form sent to more than 80 percent of American households which did not inquire about citizenship, and a long form distributed to fewer than 20 percent of American households which did. The long form was discontinued after 2000, so in 2010 every household received the short form — meaning, in effect, that no one was asked for citizenship data in that year’s decennial census. But it wasn’t because any questions were “removed.”

By then, the Census Bureau was relying on another program called the American Community Survey (ACS) to collect most of the same data (including citizenship information) that the long form did, but on an ongoing, annual basis instead of once a decade. That it’s still in use means that technically the Census Bureau never actually stopped asking the citizenship question; to put it more accurately, since 2000 they have only asked the citizenship question of the approximately 3.5 million households (2.6 percent of the population) per year who participate in the ACS survey.

Returning to Sarah Huckabee Sanders’ statement, while it is not absolutely incorrect to claim, as she apparently intended to do, that every census between 1960 and 2010 included a question about citizenship, it is misleading. The vast majority of Americans — the more than 80 percent who only filled out the short form during those years — wouldn’t have been asked about citizenship, because the question only appeared on the long form. And that form ceased to exist after 2000.

Strictly speaking, then, the Trump administration isn’t “reinstating” the citizenship question. They’re calling for it to be added to the short form that will be mailed to every American household in 2020.

It won’t be the first time people are required to divulge their citizenship status on a U.S. census form, but it will be the first time since 1950 that everyone is required to do so.

There is nothing misleading about it. The old census can be found on census.gov website. It clearly asks about US citizenship in 2000. In 2010 it does not.

That means it was removed during the Hussein Regime.

Hey, you lying sack of sh**, here is the year 2000 census, it asks point blank if the person is a US citizen. (Question 13)

NIce try. You linked to the long form form 2000 and the short form from 2010.

Here's the form that was sent to 95% of households.

https://www.census.gov/dmd/www/pdf/d61a.pdf

NIce try. You linked to the long form form 2000 and the short form from 2010.

Here's the form that was sent to 95% of households.

https://www.census.gov/dmd/www/pdf/d61a.pdf

So you are trying to claim the long from was illegal?

Even The Hill says the OpEd piece is bullshit by adding the disclaimer the ideas expressed are not those of The Hill

/——-/ That is a standard disclaimer on all opinion pieces.

Forum List

Back