Limbaugh: Heat index is a liberal government conspiracy

Oddie, ol' dumb ass, it ain't subjective. Your body will overheat far more rapidly on a day with high humidity than it will on a day with low humidity at the same temperature. Tell me, Sis, are you going to chime in and also tell us that the heat index is subjective? Or are you going to continue to just flap yap without stating anything substantive?

Temperature+humidity of the air=heat index. Higher humidity=the body is less able to remove the heat away from its self.

The wind chill is based on temperature+wind and if the air is drier then that can help to remove the warm layer away from the body.

It is very real science. I don't understand why limbaugh thinks this way as some of his economic idea's of a balanced budget sound pretty good and are simple common sense.
While wind chill is largely based upon the point at which your skin will become frostbitten, something objectively quantifiable, the heat index "feels like" thingy is entirely subjective.

I've been in 110° heat in Vegas and not been anywhere near as uncomfortable as Minneapolis at 90°, with 60% humidity.

You got a cite for that? Sounds like BS to me. There's no "largely" about it. Heat index is as fully realized an index as wind chill. I'm always hereing "feels like" with regard to wind chill, so stop trying to pull the wool over our eyes. We're not freakin' brain dead Limbaugh minions.

Oddie, ol' dumb ass, it ain't subjective. Your body will overheat far more rapidly on a day with high humidity than it will on a day with low humidity at the same temperature. Tell me, Sis, are you going to chime in and also tell us that the heat index is subjective? Or are you going to continue to just flap yap without stating anything substantive?
The temperature at which one's body will overheat are subject to a lot of variables, not the least of which are weight, overall fitness and age, you pinhead....You learn little facts like this in EMS training.

The biggest tip-off to the total subjectivity of the "heat index" is the claim that it "feels like X"....Well, I'm here to tell you that 110° in the desert doesn't feel anything like 90°, with 60+% humidity, in friggin' Houston.

But hey...You feel free to keep on believing what lamestream media jabber jaws tell you the world looks like...It's a lot less taxing on what little gray matter you have.

You got a cite for that? Sounds like BS to me. There's no "largely" about it. Heat index is as fully realized an index as wind chill. I'm always hereing "feels like" with regard to wind chill, so stop trying to pull the wool over our eyes. We're not freakin' brain dead Limbaugh minions.
Nope.... you're a brain dead lamestream media minion.

At least I can tell the difference when someone is making a mockery out of something and when they're serious.

The heat index is used to sensationalize the weather. Granted a humid hot day is far more miserable than a dry day, but really folks, when it's 99 out, its 99.

People nowadays only think it's hotter because they're fatter but the temperature has been the same for thousands of years.

You wanna' cool off? Get rid of that extra layer of blubber you have and watch your bodys' natural cooling system work more efficiently.

I work with some guys who are overweight and it's a constant battle over the A/C setting. They say it's too hot, I say it's too cold. When they're comfortable I feel like I'm in a refrigerator!

Limbaugh may be right.

What heat wave? Those people dying to heat related weather..well it's a part of natural selection. Humans are made to live in 100+ degree and subzero weather..

Conservatives may be right.

Humans can't effect the environment.

I think they should prove it too..by drinking from fresh water ponds, streams and lakes that are close by factories that dump chemicals into them. god cleans those waters daily..so they are safe.

Go on boys.

Bottoms up.

Nope.... you're a brain dead lamestream media minion.

At least I can tell the difference when someone is making a mockery out of something and when they're serious.

Hmmm...., still no cite. THAT should tell you something. :cool:

The heat index is used to sensationalize the weather. Granted a humid hot day is far more miserable than a dry day, but really folks, when it's 99 out, its 99.
Which is exactly what Rush was saying....Only the way he said it was designed to turn barking moonbats like Oldrocksinthehead, komrade and the loons at MediaMoonbats on their ears...And by all accoutns, it worked. :lol:

My, my. All these wingnuts braying the stupidity of Limpbaugh. No longer beyond belief. A week from now they will deny it was or is hot, period. That is what happens when your need for an anchoring ideology exceeds your capacity to comprehend reality.

Which is exactly what Rush was saying....Only the way he said it was designed to turn barking moonbats like Oldrocksinthehead, komrade and the loons at MediaMoonbats on their ears...And by all accoutns, it worked. :lol:

Yes, that is exactly what Limpbaugh was saying. And, as usual, he is dead wrong. And you will repeat the yapping of an obese junkie, no matter what the facts are. LOL

... aaaannnnddddd, STILL no cite!!! Anyone surprised? :cool:

My, my. All these wingnuts braying the stupidity of Limpbaugh. No longer beyond belief. A week from now they will deny it was or is hot, period. That is what happens when your need for an anchoring ideology exceeds your capacity to comprehend reality.
Wow...Project much?

Amazing how kooks like you know what guys like Rush say, when you wouldn't be caught dead listening to him and only get your reportage on what he says from the freaks at MediaMoonbats.

Sucker. :lol:

Last edited:
Exactly!

It's just a way to make the weather seem more extreme than it really is.

And it's not *science*. Numbers that reflect how people *feel* are meaningless.

Exactly!

It's just a way to make the weather seem more extreme than it really is.

And it's not *science*. Numbers that reflect how people *feel* are meaningless.

I don't even think it's a big liberal conspiracy more so than sensationalizing... Remember a few years ago when the shark attacks were on every news report, and it was an epidemic?

Shark attacks that year were at a historic low in reality.

Let's take a look at the "science" of the heat index:

"To isolate the effects of temperature and humidity on the perception of heat, Steadman invented a typical situation: A person who's 5 feet 7 inches and weighs 147 pounds walks at about 3.1 miles per hour in a light breeze, wearing long pants and a short-sleeved shirt. Then Steadman filled out his 20 variables with information from this scenario and figured out how hot his fictional person would feel at different outside temperatures and levels of humidity."

So..yeah, it means something if you're 5'7", 147 lbs, and you're walking 3.1 mph in a light breeze, wearing a hawaiann shirt and khakis.

You guys are retards.

How do they figure the heat index? - By Daniel Engber - Slate Magazine

"Since the formula incorporates all of Steadman's assumptions, how hot you feel may differ from the heat index reported on the evening news. For example, weather reports say that today's heat index in New York City is 106, and that the wind is blowing at 11 miles per hour. But the formula for heat index assumes that the wind is blowing at only 5.8 miles per hour—so the added breeze might make it feel cooler than what's been reported. (Unless it were really hot out—when it gets up into the high 90s, the wind actually makes you hotter.) Likewise, the further your dimensions are from 5 feet 7 inches and 147 pounds, the less likely you are to feel like it's 106 degrees."

How do they figure the heat index? - By Daniel Engber - Slate Magazine

But...it's SCIENCE!

You morons wouldn't know science if it sat on your face and wiggled.

Why is there no wind chill temps in the summer? I mean if it's 99 and a 20mph wind it's really 80 degrees out, 70 if your wet....

Forum List

Back