Limbaugh: Heat index is a liberal government conspiracy

Sure he said it....I even heard him say it and laughed my ass off.

Thing is that the dopes at Media Moonbatters and other leftloon "watchdog" sites are so devoid of humor that they can't even noticed that they're being tweaked. :lol:
DittoTards are programmed to make excuses for their MessiahRushie! Whenever he is caught in an out and out lie, they are programmed to call it a "joke" on them.

Nobody "reported" the heat index as temperature other than the pathological liar LimpTard!!!
I heard what he said, in the context and tonal inflection in which the comments were uttered, and you didn't, you knee-jerking jerk.

And mocking broom-up-the-ass, stuffed shirt windbags like you doesn't amount to lying...Try re-reading that transcript for comprehension, asswipe.

Last edited:
Limbaugh may be right.

What heat wave? Those people dying to heat related weather..well it's a part of natural selection. Humans are made to live in 100+ degree and subzero weather..

Conservatives may be right.

Humans can't effect the environment.

I think they should prove it too..by drinking from fresh water ponds, streams and lakes that are close by factories that dump chemicals into them. god cleans those waters daily..so they are safe.

Go on boys.

Bottoms up.

People been dying in heat waves since Ive been a little boy s0n!!!:lol::lol::lol:

File under shit happens.

The k00ks think there should be a solution to every problem in the world......and if we all think hard enough collectively, it'll stop shit from happening.

Its fcukking fascinating thinking when you think about it.........

Oddie, old dumb ass, the wingnuts on this board are joining you in stating that the "heat index" is a figment of imagination. It ain't just the obese junkie that is completely into denial of reality.
You're reading a different thread than I am. The one I'm reading, no one's saying that.

But leftists see what they want to see. Magical thinking.

Oddie, ol' dumb ass, it ain't subjective. Your body will overheat far more rapidly on a day with high humidity than it will on a day with low humidity at the same temperature. Tell me, Sis, are you going to chime in and also tell us that the heat index is subjective? Or are you going to continue to just flap yap without stating anything substantive?
Yes, it's subjective. Plunk an Inuit down in the Amazon basin. You think he's gonna be comfy?

Heat index Formula

Here is a formula for approximating the heat index in degrees Fahrenheit, to within ±1.3 °F. It is useful only when the temperature is at least 80 °F and the relative humidity is at least 40%.

78ca4fdd8f754e53b35d79d594e87046.png

where

d1aa317d4bc8374515a1ead2418465f0.png
= heat index (in degrees Fahrenheit)
cd322a0269b30952befe1f9ae7972bcc.png
= ambient dry-bulb temperature (in degrees Fahrenheit)
3b8a9cb05773d251ae3891482c5599da.png
= relative humidity (in percent)
40014d2497fb9604b7a595f3678d7cab.png

e4a40a4fe3ef3ffcaba42bebdccf9397.png

d15942bb1cf78a22a1699d52bf3737cf.png

51263e6aa119d83d580ac4305762a6f2.png

17554b7993916630a91f260596e8b505.png

4f60c5198d6e0c9e7477dc64014ec1f8.png

578376f6aa6a96dc3cec7ddc94d1d4a0.png

d9dccf6131f63ab0dede30bb6cca6a98.png

fafe9e3a3271eb2d34f8494c8be18c82.png

Heat index - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Like the wind chill index, the heat index contains assumptions about the human body mass and height, clothing, amount of physical activity, thickness of blood, sunlight and ultraviolet radiation exposure, and the wind speed. Significant deviations from these will result in heat index values which do not accurately reflect the perceived temperature.[4]​
So...it's subjective.

Last edited:
It's all about *feelings*.

That's how you know it's all scientific and stuff!

Oddie, ol' dumb ass, it ain't subjective. Your body will overheat far more rapidly on a day with high humidity than it will on a day with low humidity at the same temperature. Tell me, Sis, are you going to chime in and also tell us that the heat index is subjective? Or are you going to continue to just flap yap without stating anything substantive?
Yes, it's subjective. Plunk an Inuit down in the Amazon basin. You think he's gonna be comfy?

True, but for your avg American within the temperate zone more or less it's a idea of how the temperature feels. It is the opposite of the wind chill factor.

More humidity+high temperature=hotter feeling on a human being then low humanity+high temperature. Right?

Would you agree that it is a ok system to estimate the feel and the damage that can be done to human life within a heat wave.

Last edited:

True, but for your avg American within the temperate zone more or less it's a idea of how the temperature feels. It is the opposite of the wind chill factor.

More humidity+high temperature=hotter feeling on a human being then low humanity+high temperature. Right?

Would you agree that it is a ok system to estimate the feel and the damage that can be done to human life within a heat wave.
As long as it's acknowledged that it is indeed an estimate.

Roxy thinks it's an absolute.

OKLAHOMA CITY — The number of heat-related deaths in Oklahoma this summer now stands at five — with eight more possible cases pending.

Spokeswoman Cherokee Ballard at the state medical examiner's office said Friday that the latest confirmed death due to the heat is a 25-year-old Tulsa man. Ballard says the man died July 19 after working at a construction site that day.

The National Weather Service in Tulsa reports the high that day was 102 degrees.

Ballard says the death toll could rise to 13. She says autopsies are pending on eight more cases of possible heat-related deaths.

Heat-related deaths in Okla. now stands at 5 | Tulsa World

July 22, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The Cook County Medical Examiner's Office confirms seven heat-related deaths.

One of the victims was an 18-year-old who had dreams of composing music. Cesar Rodriguez played the trumpet in his high school mariachi band at Benito Juarez Academy. He was going to be a senior next school year.

But on Thursday, his brother said Rodriguez collapsed in the evening in front of his home on the 1500 block of West 17th Street. He was riding his bike and running around outside. The heat index was about 110, and his family says he may not have drunk enough water. Relatives said Rodriguez had no known medical condition.

He was pronounced dead at 9:53 p.m. Thursday at John H. Stroger Jr. Hospital of Cook County

The body of an 83-year-old man, Armastad Bracey, was found Thursday in the Gresham neighborhood. The temperature in his residence in the 8000-block of South Sangamon registered over 90 degrees.

7 Chicago-area, Cook County heat-related deaths ; cooling centers available to those in need of escape from hot Chicago weather | abc7chicago.com

Denying Existence Of Record Heat Wave, Limbaugh Suggests The Heat Index Is A Government Conspiracy

Rush Limbaugh: They’re playing games with us on this heat wave, again. Even Drudge, drudge getting sucked in here. Gonna be a 116 in Washington. No, it’s not. It’s going to be a 100, maybe 99. The heat index, manufactured by the government, they tell you what it feels like when you add the humidity in there. 116 - When’s the last time the heat index was reported as an actual temperature? It hasn’t been. But it looks like they’re trying to get away with doing that now.

It’s Not the Heat, It’s the Stupidity: Limbaugh Calls Heat Index a Liberal Government Conspiracy

---------------------------------------

Wow, I love Republicans and their "science". 6% seems vastly overblown.

Heat index is a fucking joke.

95 degrees is 95 degrees. Yes it feels like shit with humidity but it certainly doesn't feel like "110 degrees".
I've lived in the Texas and Arizona and I can tell you 95 degrees with humidity here doesn't feel anything like 110 in Phoenix where they never use "heat index".

Lordy, lordy, what an absolute flock of wingnuts. If you are a fence post, 95 is 95 at any humidity. And 20 degrees is 20 degrees no matter what the wind speed.

However, if you are a living organism that has to keep an even temperature, both heat index and wind chill are for real. But go ahead and deny the reality, that is your karma.

Lordy, lordy, what an absolute flock of wingnuts. If you are a fence post, 95 is 95 at any humidity. And 20 degrees is 20 degrees no matter what the wind speed.

However, if you are a living organism that has to keep an even temperature, both heat index and wind chill are for real. But go ahead and deny the reality, that is your karma.

No one is denying they're real, you moron. Stop lying. But the heat index and the wind chill feel different to different people. That's what makes them subjective, Roxy.

When I was stationed in Alaska, we came home to KY for Christmas one year. It was well below zero when we left AK, and around freezing in KY. We walked around outside in KY wearing light jackets, and were quite comfortable. Our families were bundled up in heavy coats.

Get it? Subjective. Not absolute.

The fact that wind combined with cold takes heat away at a faster rate than cold alone is subjective. The fact that high humidity reduces that ability of the body to lose excess heat through the mechanism of sweat evaportion is subjective.

Daveboy, just keep explaining, we all need a real laugh occasionally.

The fact that wind combined with cold takes heat away at a faster rate than cold alone is subjective. The fact that high humidity reduces that ability of the body to lose excess heat through the mechanism of sweat evaportion is subjective.
Actually, no, they're not subjective. But the way people perceive that heat loss is.

Idiot.
Daveboy, just keep explaining, we all need a real laugh occasionally.
What in the world ever convinced you you're an intelligent person?

Oh, yeah, I cover than in my signature. You're a liberal.

Uncomfortable for many, this week's oppressive heat turned deadly for at least seven people in the Chicago area.

Family members still find themselves in a daze following the death of 58-year-old Tomas Garay, who suffered a heat stroke on Thursday.

"People don't take the heat serious. You need to carry water, you need to drink water." said Joselinda De Leon, Garay's wife and mother to their 4-year-old daughter.

Garay collapsed in an alley on the 2700 block of West Division Street after returning home from a trip to the corner store. Doctors said his body temperature had reached 109.5 degrees.

While most of the heat-related deaths happened to older people, one Pilsen 18-year-old also succumbed to the heat.

Heat Wave Blamed for at Least 7 Deaths | NBC Chicago

Forum List

Back