Limbaugh gets Fluke(d) again

WWRL at that time was a very low power station with only 5,000 watts, as opposed to Limpball's WABC-AM which was 50,000 watt "blowtorch." WABC-AM was the strongest station on the radio in my Jersey Shore area and WWRL could not be picked up at all. WABC-AM could be picked up in Canada! So not only were there few stations carrying Air America, the stations that did were low power stations.

When Limbaugh started he was on one station, on the weekends in Sacramento, Ca. He built himself up and made it work, he was funny and entertaining.

Not anyone's fault but Air America's fault, that it went under. Clear Channel backed Air America originally. So again Ed, quit trying to blame others for Air America choosing a small flagship station.

Air America was on Sirius but that didn't help them either.
It's not like you can just pick any station you want or they would have picked WABC-AM! All the radio bands were licensed so finding a free station at any given time is a crap shoot. WWRL was actually a step up from their previous NYC flagship, WLIB, where they could only broadcast at night.

Dude takes a Ron Burgundy avatar and then thinks he knows how broadcasting works.
Not the sharpest knife in the drawer. More like a spoon.

Those are affiliates, dumbass. It means they contract to carry the show.

No shit, Sherlock, I just said two posts ago that a ClearChannel station in my own area carries them. That's not "backing" AirAmerica. They are not related you idiot.

Ploddo, you dick sucker, that's a pretty obvious effort to move the goal post.

Too late, lass.

What you had stupidly, ignorantly and incorrectly SAID, you dipshit, was that "ClearChannel never had anything to do with AirAmerica, fabricator."

You were flatly, completely and totally wrong. :lmao:

And you don't have the stones to even admit as much.

:lol:

It's ok.

We all enjoy laughing AT you, you dishonest hack bitch.

Go fuck yourself, ya lying hack. It was about Papawackio's "backing" bullshit, and you know it. And the fact remains, ClearChannel never owned AirAmerica, in whole or in part. There was never a merger; one was never a division of the other. Nothing.

After a few years clear channel and other station went to more profitable and larger listening audiences, like Catholic radio and salsa music.

When Limbaugh started he was on one station, on the weekends in Sacramento, Ca. He built himself up and made it work, he was funny and entertaining.

Not anyone's fault but Air America's fault, that it went under. Clear Channel backed Air America originally. So again Ed, quit trying to blame others for Air America choosing a small flagship station.

Air America was on Sirius but that didn't help them either.
It's not like you can just pick any station you want or they would have picked WABC-AM! All the radio bands were licensed so finding a free station at any given time is a crap shoot. WWRL was actually a step up from their previous NYC flagship, WLIB, where they could only broadcast at night.

Dude takes a Ron Burgundy avatar and then thinks he knows how broadcasting works.

Pogo, you fucking, think ou know everything about everything and in reality, you know nothing. Air America screwed its self and never was going to make it, bad ownership and no audience.

No Burgundy, ou don't know squatsola. Ou think ClearChannel (it's one word, capitalized) acts as a unit; it doesn't. It owns stations that take on whatever format they think will work, individually. That may include Ed Schultz or Plush Limpblob or ESPN or Disney or the local fricking air traffic control tower. Because AirAmerica and ClearChannel are not related entities. Never were. Ou might limit ouself to topic ou might actually know something about, like bad looking suits.

Ou get quite the defensive meltdown on for a guy ou tried to claim ou don't even listen to.

No Burgundy, ou don't know squatsola. Ou think ClearChannel (it's one word, capitalized) acts as a unit; it doesn't. It owns stations that take on whatever format they think will work, individually. That may include Ed Schultz or Plush Limpblob or ESPN or Disney or the local fricking air traffic control tower. Because AirAmerica and ClearChannel are not related entities. Never were. Ou might limit ouself to topic ou might actually know something about, like bad looking suits.

Ou get quite the defensive meltdown on for a guy ou tried to claim ou don't even listen to.

I used to work in radio, dumb shit, I knew the games. I listen to radio all the time, I have SiriusXM. I never said I didn't listen to radio. I listen mainly to sports and old time radio. I also never said that AA or Clear Channel were related nut job, Clear Channel had several stations that ran Air America. One of you idiots claimed big radio companies helped shutdown AA, I was pointing out that Clear Channel helped by running their format. They backed AA in the sense they ran their shows. I never said Clear Channel owned or was a partner of AA. You make up shit, just to argue. That or you don't comprehend what you read.

Last edited:
Air America made libs sound mean-spirited. ?

Most liberals ARE mean-spirited. They think it's ok to kill babies, to torture them, to sodomize each other, to bleat for criminals and terrorists. They commit the vast majority of criminal behavior. Most of them are the maggots of this country.

And those AirAmerica hosts are still on WWRL today --- dumbass.

On a single station? Impressive.

Leftists do well on television news. They can read distorted copy, the NBC sound studio can create audio of Zimmerman saying "coon." They can use CGI to create video to smear the opposition, etc.

But radio is different, radio has depth. It is the exploration of ideas. Once any person of average intellect with at least a modicum of integrity examines the ideas behind leftism, they are repulsed> Leftism is founded on repulsive ideas, racism, totalitarianism, speech and thought control, institutional theft, crushing the human spirit with faceless bureaucracies, etc.

People follow leftism because they have something to personally gain from the oppression of others, or because they are duped. It is con-artist and mark. Leftism never works if one looks too closely. The in-depth analysis that is the heart of talk radio is the antithesis of leftism. The two cannot mix.

Last edited:
No, dumb shit. A buyer/seller arrangement is not one "backing" the other.

I sell you a radio program; you give me money.
I provide value to you; you provide value to me.
I'm not "backing" you; you're not "backing" me.

ex·change
/iksˈCHānj/
Noun
An act of giving one thing and receiving another (esp. of the same type or value) in return

back·ing (bkng)
n.
1. Something forming a back: the backing of a carpet
a. Support or aid: financial backing
b. Approval or endorsement: The President has backing from the farm belt

Now run along before your gloryhole closes.

:popcorn:

Pogo, you're balls deep in the hound for all to see - a little late to start claiming that you're not fucking the dog...

You look like a fool here.

If you had any self-awareness, you'd know that. You got your ass handed to you, but don't grasp it, because you're not the sharpest marshmallow in the bag...

I used to work in radio, dumb shit, I knew the games. I listen to radio all the time, I have SiriusXM. I never said I didn't listen to radio. I listen mainly to sports and old time radio. I also never said that AA or Clear Channel were related nut job, Clear Channel had several stations that ran Air America. One of you idiots claimed big radio companies helped shutdown AA, I was pointing out that Clear Channel helped by running their format. They backed AA in the sense they ran their shows. I never said Clear Channel owned or was a partner of AA. You make up shit, just to argue. That or you don't comprehend what you read.

So have I, dipweed, and I have no doubt deeper than you considering your abject ignorance of how things work. But I can see why you no longer do. :lol:

OOoh, ou have an actual Sirius radio. I'm impressed. Guess that makes ou a expert. :eusa_liar:

Last edited:

So have I, dipweed, and I have no doubt deeper than you considering your abject ignorance of how things work. But I can see why you no longer do. :lol:

OOoh, ou have an actual Sirius radio. I'm impressed. Guess that makes ou a expert. :eusa_liar:

So you got nothing and attack me personally, at least we all know I won. Have a great night.

So you got nothing and attack me personally, at least we all know I won. Have a great night.

I never attack first -- ass clown. Go clean your own house.

I never attack first -- ass clown. Go clean your own house.

So you got caught, big deal, it's not like that doesn't happen everyday.

fb430c52_OhSweetIrony.jpeg

yawn.gif

Pogo;

I think he means he worked at a radio station as was involved in broadcasting.

We know GoodWill had you working the back trying to fix radios for their second hand stores - but these are separate concepts.... :thup:

Standard Disclaimer: I fully support the rehabilitation efforts of GoodWill, even if it didn't really work on Pogo.....

Forum List

Back