Limbaugh gets Fluke(d) again

Air America was on 66 stations when it went down. It had 63 stations that over the years left due to format changes. One of the largest subscribers was Clear Channel. The problem was suck ass ratings. Some of those stations that dropped AA, went to Catholic radio, Mexican music, many went to sports radio.

Their ratings on average was an astounding 1.3. Portland, Or had the highest ratings at 3.7. The New York flagship station was WWRL, with a whooping 0.5, that was the flagship station! Who in the hell was listening?

So spare us all the big business bull shit, the boycott rash of shit, blame it on the radio hosts, they sucked.

And those AirAmerica hosts are still on WWRL today --- dumbass.

And the ratings still suck, dumbass and it still blows the liberals theory that big bad corporate America put the company under. It had terrible ratings, when your flagship station couldn't pull a 1.0, you know you suck.

You're talking the NYC market, cretin. Have any idea how many listeners are in that market, and how much even 0.01 represents? And what the fuck do you know about its ratings? Do you have a book?

Nor does it blow the theory; WWRL, to continue the example, is a 25kw daytime station that reduces to 5kW at night. WABC, by comparison, is 50kW day and night. That's a different class. Or take the stations in my area: Lush Rimjob and Hannity and that crowd are on one ClearChannel station; Schultz and Miller et al are on another. Guess which one has to shut down at sunset. Lather, rinse, repeat.

And anyway you're still enslaved to this naive idea that the purpose of a radio program is to draw the largest possible audience. If you believe that, then you can't believe the ideology of the content is the driving factor. Listeners don't tune in for ideologies. They tune in for spectacle.

Last edited:
No audience because no stations carried them. I could not get them in my area, but your MessiahRushie and HanNITWITty were on 3 different stations.

Air America was on 66 stations when it went down. It had 63 stations that over the years left due to format changes. One of the largest subscribers was Clear Channel. The problem was suck ass ratings. Some of those stations that dropped AA, went to Catholic radio, Mexican music, many went to sports radio.

Their ratings on average was an astounding 1.3. Portland, Or had the highest ratings at 3.7. The New York flagship station was WWRL, with a whooping 0.5, that was the flagship station! Who in the hell was listening?

So spare us all the big business bull shit, the boycott rash of shit, blame it on the radio hosts, they sucked.
WWRL at that time was a very low power station with only 5,000 watts, as opposed to Limpball's WABC-AM which was 50,000 watt "blowtorch." WABC-AM was the strongest station on the radio in my Jersey Shore area and WWRL could not be picked up at all. WABC-AM could be picked up in Canada! So not only were there few stations carrying Air America, the stations that did were low power stations.

When Limbaugh started he was on one station, on the weekends in Sacramento, Ca. He built himself up and made it work, he was funny and entertaining.

Not anyone's fault but Air America's fault, that it went under. Clear Channel backed Air America originally. So again Ed, quit trying to blame others for Air America choosing a small flagship station.

Air America was on Sirius but that didn't help them either.

WWRL at that time was a very low power station with only 5,000 watts, as opposed to Limpball's WABC-AM which was 50,000 watt "blowtorch." WABC-AM was the strongest station on the radio in my Jersey Shore area and WWRL could not be picked up at all. WABC-AM could be picked up in Canada! So not only were there few stations carrying Air America, the stations that did were low power stations.

When Limbaugh started he was on one station, on the weekends in Sacramento, Ca. He built himself up and made it work, he was funny and entertaining.

Not anyone's fault but Air America's fault, that it went under. Clear Channel backed Air America originally. So again Ed, quit trying to blame others for Air America choosing a small flagship station.

ClearChannel never had anything to do with AirAmerica, fabricator.
You don't have the vaguest idea what you're talking about, do you?

Ploddo LIVES in the world of being wrong almost all of the time.

List of Air America Radio affiliates - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In REALITY, Clear Channel had a LOT to do with Err Amerika.

WWRL Daytime:

WWRL_AM_LD.gif

WWRL after sunset:

WWRL_AM_LN.gif

WABC daytime:

WABC_AM_LD.gif

WABC Nighttime:

WABC_AM_LN.gif

(note that with "clear channel" status, coverage reaches roughly half of North America)

I gotta tell ya, I grew up with the NYC radio in hearing distance and I never even heard of WWRL until this thread.

Last edited:
"Algore also blames consolidation on the fact that nobody listens to liberal talk radio. They're out there in the market! If it weren't for a couple of big ownership groups out there, Air America wouldn't be on 90% of the stations that they are on." {-- Rush}

Actually, Rush, it's hard to think of a second ownership group that has supported Air America the way we've witnessed with Clear Channel. Clearly, Gore doesn't know what he's talking about, because libtalk probably wouldn't be on the air today without the company's major stamp of approval.

The Radio Equalizer: Brian Maloney: Rush Limbaugh, Clear Channel, Air America Radio

Those are affiliates, dumbass. It means they contract to carry the show.

No shit, Sherlock, I just said two posts ago that a ClearChannel station in my own area carries them. That's not "backing" AirAmerica. They are not related you idiot.

WWRL Daytime:

WWRL_AM_LD.gif

WWRL after sunset:

WWRL_AM_LN.gif

WABC daytime:

WABC_AM_LD.gif

WABC Nighttime:

WABC_AM_LN.gif

(note that with "clear channel" status, coverage reaches roughly half of North America)

I gotta tell ya, I grew up with the NYC radio in hearing distance and I never even heard of WWRL until this thread.

Really fucked up the Air America would make that their flagship. The brilliant minds of Air America.

Hey dumb shit, they carried Air America on their stations in the early years. Might try reading and growing up.

WWRL Daytime:

WWRL_AM_LD.gif

WWRL after sunset:

WWRL_AM_LN.gif

WABC daytime:

WABC_AM_LD.gif

WABC Nighttime:

WABC_AM_LN.gif

Really fucked up the Air America would make that their flagship. The brilliant minds of Air America.

The intellectual black hole of your what-passes-for-posts is stupefying.

When you distribute a radio show, you don't get to pick and choose your stations, ya flaming ignoramus.

No shit, Sherlock, I just said two posts ago that a ClearChannel station in my own area carries them. That's not "backing" AirAmerica. They are not related you idiot.

Ploddo, you dick sucker, that's a pretty obvious effort to move the goal post.

Too late, lass.

What you had stupidly, ignorantly and incorrectly SAID, you dipshit, was that "ClearChannel never had anything to do with AirAmerica, fabricator."

You were flatly, completely and totally wrong. :lmao:

And you don't have the stones to even admit as much.

:lol:

It's ok.

We all enjoy laughing AT you, you dishonest hack bitch.

In your dreams!

MRC removed the audio because it was downloadable and then it could be loaded into an audio player and the part with the curator saying "washington on the extreme" could be selected and looped for playback. Gore names the bust of Franklin by saying one word, "Franklin" while talking over the curator saying the looped words.

As far as the MRC video, it is not downloadable so you can't loop it and it is altered so you can't see Gore repoint to the left flank bust as he says "Franklin" because Bozo is afraid the visual clue will help you hear Gore talking over the curator. BTW, I posted the link to MRC, Here is a link to an unaltered video of the event from your MessiahRushie. He knows that his DittoNazis will never catch Gore repointing and naming the left flank bust of Franklin so he didn't alter the video when he showed it on TV.

P.S. Bozo DID respond to me by pulling the audio off of his website!!!

My god edtheliar, who knew you were just so damned important?

:dunno:
Obviously I'm important enough that you couldn't rebut my post, but could only make a personal attack. You will probably lie again that you "took me apart" now.

Hey dumb shit, they carried Air America on their stations in the early years. Might try reading and growing up.

You don't have the wispiest clue what you're talking about. "Carrying" a program is not "backing" it. It's a simple product buy-and-sell. And since ClearChannel is the largest owner group of radio stations (1200 at their peak before they started hemorrhaging), OF COURSE they're going to be well represented in what AirAmerica sells them. Just as they're going to be well represented in what ESPN sells them, what DialGlobal sells them, what Disney sells them, on and on and on. NONE of that means ClearChannel is "backing" ESPN or DialGlobal or Disney.

Jesus Christ on a Bicycle, you are pathetic.

Too late, lass.

What you had stupidly, ignorantly and incorrectly SAID, you dipshit, was that "ClearChannel never had anything to do with AirAmerica, fabricator."

It's ok.

Go fuck yourself, ya lying hack. It was about Papawackio's "backing" bullshit, and you know it. And the fact remains, ClearChannel never owned AirAmerica, in whole or in part. There was never a merger; one was never a division of the other. Nothing.

Last edited:

Too late, lass.

It's ok.

Go fuck yourself, ya lying hack. It was about Papawackio's "backing" bullshit, and you know it.

Bullshit, you lying twat.

I quoted you, you dishonest bitch.

Your fail is now complete.

:cool:

Too late, lass.

It's ok.

Go fuck yourself, ya lying hack. It was about Papawackio's "backing" bullshit, and you know it.

And you took it out of context, because that's the soup a dishonest troll loser who welshes on bets swims in. :fu:

And you took it out of context, because that's the soup a dishonest troll loser who welshes on bets swims in. :fu:

It was IN context, you lying hack bitch.

And if Clear Channel chose to put that drek Err Amerika on a goodly number of its stations, you lying hack bitch needle dick fly fucker, that DOES constitute "backing" Err Amerika, too. For the record.

As I ACCURATELY noted, your fail is complete.

And, as you knew when you just lied again, I didn't "welsh" on anything.

I see that once you are on a roll of lying, you can't stop, you dishonest rancid twat whore.

Did I mention that your fail is complete?

It is, you know. Now EVERYONE sees you for the abject lying hack twat you are. Good job.

:thup:

No, dumb shit. A buyer/seller arrangement is not one "backing" the other.

I sell you a radio program; you give me money.
I provide value to you; you provide value to me.
I'm not "backing" you; you're not "backing" me.

ex·change
/iksˈCHānj/
Noun
An act of giving one thing and receiving another (esp. of the same type or value) in return

back·ing (bkng)
n.
1. Something forming a back: the backing of a carpet
a. Support or aid: financial backing
b. Approval or endorsement: The President has backing from the farm belt

Now run along before your gloryhole closes.

:popcorn:

Last edited:

It's not like you can just pick any station you want or they would have picked WABC-AM! All the radio bands were licensed so finding a free station at any given time is a crap shoot. WWRL was actually a step up from their previous NYC flagship, WLIB, where they could only broadcast at night.

Forum List

Back