like father like son - rand paul lone vote against idiotic law

Man,we desperately need more Ron Pauls in our Government...

Ron Paul Returns Unused Portion of Office Budget to US Treasury
12 Responses
By RonPaul.com on March 29, 2011

Washington, DC: Congressman Ron Paul has returned $141,580 of unspent office funds to the US Treasury. This represents just over 9% of the total office funds, and an increase over the $100,000 returned last year.

“Since my first year in Congress I have managed my office in a frugal manner, instructing staff to provide the greatest possible service to the people of the 14th district at the least possible cost to taxpayers,” said Paul.

The surplus funds are intended to go towards paying down the national debt.

Ron Paul Returns Over $100,000 to Treasury Washington, D.C. – Congressman Ron Paul has continued to run his Congressional office in a...
Ron Paul Returns to Iowa Ron Paul has announced his third visit to Iowa in 2010. The Congressman and former...
End Social Security, Medicare, and the Welfare-Warfare State! Date: 11/08/2010 Reject the Welfare/Warfare State by Ron Paul Last week’s midterm elections have been...

Posted in Ron Paul in Congress | Tagged Office Funds | 12 Responses

And don't be so sarcastic & snotty about the amount either. Obviously it's not gonna pay down the Debt but it is an honorable & respectable gesture. Dr. Paul is one of the very few Politicians i still have any respect for. We do need more Ron Pauls in our Government.

Last edited:
I'm sure this will either be ignored or someone will twist this into him being a "loon."

Amazing how a man in such a corrupted government could be totally free of corruption himself.

Well with the left sneering at a 60 billion dollar budget cut; which amounts to finding change in the sofa against the 14 trillion in debt we now have its become pretty clear they have utterly no plans for the future other than to run the amount up as far as possible.

And don't be so sarcastic & snotty about the amount either. Obviously it's not gonna pay down the Debt but it is an honorable & respectable gesture. Dr. Paul is one of the very few Politicians i still have any respect for. We do need more Ron Pauls in our Government.

I'm sure this will either be ignored or someone will twist this into him being a "loon."

Amazing how a man in such a corrupted government could be totally free of corruption himself.

Yes the usual suspects will snicker & sneer at his effort. That's predictable stuff though. Their Heroes are the biggest Scum Holes in our Government. So what else would you expect from those people? I always expect sarcasm & snottiness from them. I'm used to it and i'm pretty sure Dr. Paul is too.

Last edited:
Well with the left sneering at a 60 billion dollar budget cut; which amounts to finding change in the sofa against the 14 trillion in debt we now have its become pretty clear they have utterly no plans for the future other than to run the amount up as far as possible.

I don't see many mainstream republicans or democrats show any respect for Dr. Paul, despite these incredible acts of responsibility.

To republicans he's a loon cuz he's not hellbent on warmongering, to democrats he's a loon because he wants to get rid of expensive/US bankrupting programs that they actually think help poor people.

How did Rand Paul do?

Not sure about Rand. He only just took office in January. I'm no budget expert. Maybe someone can check it out.

I guess ole Ron want's do die with a clear conscience.
A whole country full of assholes and only one good politician...OK 2. I'll allow Bernie Sanders on the list.

Sniveling Kentucky rich kid and Republican US Senator, Rand Paul, thinks big coal can't afford to abide by proposed regulations designed to lessen chances that miners will get black lung disease.

Rand Paul: Regulating Black Lung Could Be Too Pricey For Big Coal

WASHINGTON -- With American miners still succumbing to black lung disease, the Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) has proposed a plan to reduce the number of such deaths through the stricter regulation of mining sites. But at a congressional committee meeting last week, Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) voiced concern that the new regulations may not be worth the cost to coal companies -- even though pockets of his state have been designated black lung “hot spots” by the federal government.

In a hearing of the Senate Health, Education, Labor and Pension Committee, Paul also asserted that the number of black lung cases has been on the decline. But according to the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH), in recent years such incidences have in fact been on the rise in certain areas of coal country.

"Every regulation doesn't save lives," Paul said in the hearing, later adding that the regulations so far have done a “pretty good job” of reducing black lung. "There is a point or a balancing act between when a regulation becomes burdensome enough that our energy production is stifled. We have to assess the costs of regulation and whether they save lives."

Paul’s comments didn’t escape the notice of mining safety advocates.

“I thought it was outrageous,” said Stephen Sanders, director of the Appalachian Citizens' Law Center, a Kentucky-based non-profit that supports black lung prevention regulations and other mine safety causes. “What he’s suggesting is to keep the cost of coal down we would jeopardize the health of coal miners.”

“He has no knowledge of coal mining, no knowledge of mine safety or health issues,” Tony Oppegard, a Kentucky attorney who’s represented miners, said of Paul.

Miners develop black lung disease, or coal worker’s pneumoconiosis, by breathing in tiny coal dust particles over the course of years, and often decades, of mining. MSHA’s proposals would cut in half a worker’s allowable exposure to these particles, from two milligrams per cubic meter of air to one –- a stipulation that could change the way some operators ventilate mineshafts and treat the air miners breath.

Last edited:
myfrikkengawd.

they are coming out of the woodwork with BULLSHIT...now black lung to we want to starve granny and the grandkids too..hell maybe even the PETS.:lol::lol:

They are truly DESPERATE.

and guess WHERE this dumb article came from....

says it all folks.:eusa_whistle::cuckoo:

First get rid of the unions saying we have plenty of laws now and do not need unions.
Then get rid of the laws the unions gained over the years....

Only one union coal operation left in KY.

Go Rand Go, away please.

Hell, we have known for many decades that the GOP and the Conservatives do not give a shit about the lives or health of the people that work for a living. Every peice of legislation that would create regulations that would make the work place safer or healthier has been opposed by them. Rand is just another asshole that cares more about a dollar in the pocket of the very wealthy than the life of a working man or woman.

Forum List

Back