Libya Goes Islamic And We Helped Pave The Way

I'm getting to the point that I would rather just bomb these Islamic fucks back into the stone-age and be done with them.

Back-stabbing bastards the lot of them.

Afghanistan to back Pakistan if wars with U.S.: Karzai

Reuters – 20 hrs ago

ISLAMABAD (Reuters) - Afghanistan would support Pakistan in case of military conflict between Pakistan and the United States, Afghan President Hamid Karzai said in an interview to a private Pakistani TV channel broadcast on Saturday.

The remarks were in sharp contrast to recent tension between the two neighbors over cross-border raids, and Afghan accusations that Pakistan was involved in killing the chief Afghan peace envoy, former Afghan president Burhanuddin Rabbani​, by a suicide bomber on September 20.

"God forbid, If ever there is a war between Pakistan and America, Afghanistan will side with Pakistan," he said in the interview to Geo television.

How do you bomb a third world country back to the Stone Age? They are already there.

:lol:

Double funny here. A really good reporter that I admire greatly and know from my days around the media back in T.O. was truly shocked during the initial Afghan campaign because he was covering the war and outside a Taliban head honcho dude's house was an all stainless steel top of the line Maytag dishwasher. Head dude who spent all his time finding ways to keep his people in the stone age.

Same dude who was part of that brainiac leadership who decided children were not allowed to fly a kite just in case the kite was made from a recycled Koran.

The Islamic leadership are just swine power trippers. That's their game. Subjugate the masses with some bizarro interpretations of a book full of lies from a newbie religion.

The only difference between Islam and Scientology is that L. Ron Hubbard never married a 6 year old. And he never sent out a retarded child strapped with bombs on their body to be remote control detonated.

I digress. I blame it on the dayquil.

ETA: no offense to scientologists, just having some fun.

Last edited:
islam isnt like aids....
Seriously i think you neo-cons have a problem with people having free will to choose.

Remember when they kept showing pictures of the women in Iraq with purple fingers because they got to vote freely? Well, what are they voting freely for?

Apparently, there are some here not too happy to have the people in the ME and North Africa make their own decisions IF those decisions are not what we want.

Funny.....Iraq didn't institute Sharia Law as soon as Saddam was gone. Seems to me most of them want Democracy, not theocracies. History tells us that in a vacuum the strongest and most aggressive groups snatch control over the government.

Why is it that every one of these other countries that are overthrowing totalitarian rule are going full Islamic fundamentalist?

It's like Obama wants this.........I wonder why......Is is because he wants this or is he just an idiot....unable to foresee the unintended consequences?

Do you have to wonder?

What I wonder is if our Secretary of State travels to these god forsaken hell holes with some real good body guards. Because if she doesn't I shudder to think what they will do to her.

The initiative in Libya is NATO. What part of that don't you understand? Even we had to send troops.

What I want to know from my own government is why the hell is NATO yanking our freaking chains?

This is to the tune of billions if not trillions of dollars when we add it all up just to assassinate Ghaddafi.

That's all this was about. But it sure cost a hell of a lot of money that none of our countries can freaking afford.

Something is rotten not in Denmark but in Tripoli.

No, NATO negotiated for over 3 days on Libya mission.
Germany used its temporary UNSC vote to abstain from the vote and removed its NAval ships from NATO task-forces in the Mediterranean.
Poland, Turkey and others also were against whole Libya thing.

All whilst NATO was negotiating about Libya mission, France and UK already were bombing Libya from Italian airbases and Italy threatened to deny landing on these airbases if no NATO agreement could be reached.

It was French-UK jets bombing Libya without any US/NATO involvement.
NATO finally got involved to limit the mess and not get the buttjoke in-front of whole world.
So, you have to take history precise. That the US dropped most bombs in the end is simply a tribute to US's capabilities.

islam isnt like aids....
Seriously i think you neo-cons have a problem with people having free will to choose.

Remember when they kept showing pictures of the women in Iraq with purple fingers because they got to vote freely? Well, what are they voting freely for?

Apparently, there are some here not too happy to have the people in the ME and North Africa make their own decisions IF those decisions are not what we want.

People in a third world shit hole can make whatever choice they want to make.....WITHOUT our dollars! WITH our dollars, they need to consider their benefactors.
Libya has about six million people who are sitting on LOTS of oil. They don't need US money.

All Obama did in Libya was keep people from being slaughtered.

It was Bush and the Republicans who ignited Islamic Hard Core Fever in the Middle East. By creating a hard core right wing Islamic Government in Iraq. From there that spread.

The worst is that they want to do that here with Christianity. They want to turn America into a hard core right wing Fundigelico right wing theocracy.

Bush and the Republicans destroyed the Iraqi government without asking the people of Iraq. They had guns pointed at the people and could have forced any government on them. And why not? They destroyed those people's government. Bush and the Republicans forced the Iraqis away from a government they supported. Iraq didn't ask for help. In fact, the Iraqi army fought us to protect their own country -- from us.

After Bush and the Republicans pretty much destroyed Iraq, they proved to the Middle East that being a bully is good. That you can win with force. That you don't need to care what those people want because you have more fire power.

The majority of Libyans may not like the government they end up with, but that's their decision. Unlike Iraq. In Iraq, Bush and the Republicans took that decision away from the people. This is why in Iraq, they threw shoes at Bush, but in Libya, they put up billboards thanking Obama. The right wingnuts can't see the difference. It's because they are bullies. Right wingnuts don't like being told what to do. But they don't understand why people they bully don't appreciate what they are doing for them.

Well, we saw what American right wingers did for people in Uganda. What they did for Iraqis. American right wingers with all their terrible failure should be the last people to talk.

Obama kept people from being slaughtered.

Right wingers stood by and watched Iraqi Christians get slaughter AND DID NOTHING. They didn't even bring them here. They just left them to die. Of course, "let him die" seems to be the new Republican mantra.

So.... what is Obama doing for Christians in the ME (since you want to point out the failures of Bush)? Is he stopping the slaughter in Pakistan, Afganistan, Iraq, Turkey, Egypt, Tunisia, Libya, or any other African or ME nation? Has he even mentioned this in any of his saturated air time? Has he been critical of any islamic movement the way he criticizes Jews and Christians when they are attempting self-preservation? Seriously, who is doing the "attacking"?

What can he do? Republicans tore through the Middle East like a bull though a China shop. Then left this country bankrupt and the military depleted. This isn't the infinite country with infinite money and infinite poor to use as cannon fodder. Republicans squeezed everything they could out of this country. And they assume they can just keep squeezing.

Well, they can't. There isn't that much left to squeeze. And for some strange reason, they want to keep it that way. They know an educated population will never accept their far right wingnut religious ideology. That's why they are so against education. It's not about what is good for the country. They just want to bully the rest of America into submission.

When I think about what is good for the country, I think equal rights, education, jobs, a strong defense, a good economy, a clean environment.

Republicans have a different take. They think they are preparing the country for the return of Jesus. That there really will be a "rapture". This is why they support Israel. That "really good" Christians are only wanted if they are ignorant and will float up into heaven. They think they are fighting to SAVE America from those minorities.

And the Republicans who don't share those views? They believe that the country should be treated like a great big corporation. That companies should rule. That only rich people know how to spend money. They believe rich people will "take care of them" as long as they toe the line and work hard. They also don't believe in education. Education is "just a piece of paper". That government is bad. Government wants to take over your life. Government wants to take everything you have and leave you to live in a piano box while poor people live it up on food stamps and large screen TVs.

The right wing has deluded themselves so much, they work to defeat anything Obama does and then call him a failure.

And what has the right wing done in the last 20 years that they can be proud of? They have been challenged with that question again and again and they so pathetic, they are reduced to trying to take credit for what Obama has done. Getting Bin Laden. Why do more than 100 Republican congressmen and senators call the stimulus a failure when they take credit for creating thousands of jobs that come directly from the stimulus they say failed? It didn't fail for them.

And when did it become acceptable to yell out "let him die" and applaud executions?

The initiative in Libya is NATO. What part of that don't you understand? Even we had to send troops.

What I want to know from my own government is why the hell is NATO yanking our freaking chains?

This is to the tune of billions if not trillions of dollars when we add it all up just to assassinate Ghaddafi.

That's all this was about. But it sure cost a hell of a lot of money that none of our countries can freaking afford.

Something is rotten not in Denmark but in Tripoli.

No, NATO negotiated for over 3 days on Libya mission.
Germany used its temporary UNSC vote to abstain from the vote and removed its NAval ships from NATO task-forces in the Mediterranean.
Poland, Turkey and others also were against whole Libya thing.

All whilst NATO was negotiating about Libya mission, France and UK already were bombing Libya from Italian airbases and Italy threatened to deny landing on these airbases if no NATO agreement could be reached.

It was French-UK jets bombing Libya without any US/NATO involvement.
NATO finally got involved to limit the mess and not get the buttjoke in-front of whole world.
So, you have to take history precise. That the US dropped most bombs in the end is simply a tribute to US's capabilities.

I think you are mistakenly taking a time line from when NATO battled over who would command the no fly zone later in March.

Operations had already commenced as the NATO coalition weeks before.

This is even from Wiki. And you have to remember that only a few days before the United Nations had passed the no fly resolution.

Commencement of NATO operations

On 19 March, nineteen French Air Force aircraft entered Libyan airspace to begin reconnaissance missions, and flew over Benghazi to prevent any attacks on the rebel-controlled city.[44] Italian Air Force planes reportedly also began surveillance operations over Libya. In the evening, a French jet destroyed a government vehicle.

Shortly afterward, a French airstrike destroyed four tanks southwest of Benghazi.[45] US and British ships and submarines fired at least 114 Tomahawk cruise missiles at twenty Libyan integrated air and ground defense systems.[46]

Three US B-2 Spirit stealth bombers flew non-stop from the US to drop forty bombs on a major Libyan airfield, while other US aircraft searched for Libyan ground forces to attack.[47][48] Twenty-five coalition naval vessels, including three US submarines, began operating in the area.[49] NATO ships and aircraft began enforcing a blockade of Libya, patrolling the approaches to Libyan territorial waters.

All Obama did in Libya was keep people from being slaughtered.

It was Bush and the Republicans who ignited Islamic Hard Core Fever in the Middle East. By creating a hard core right wing Islamic Government in Iraq. From there that spread.

The worst is that they want to do that here with Christianity. They want to turn America into a hard core right wing Fundigelico right wing theocracy.

Bush and the Republicans destroyed the Iraqi government without asking the people of Iraq. They had guns pointed at the people and could have forced any government on them. And why not? They destroyed those people's government. Bush and the Republicans forced the Iraqis away from a government they supported. Iraq didn't ask for help. In fact, the Iraqi army fought us to protect their own country -- from us.

After Bush and the Republicans pretty much destroyed Iraq, they proved to the Middle East that being a bully is good. That you can win with force. That you don't need to care what those people want because you have more fire power.

The majority of Libyans may not like the government they end up with, but that's their decision. Unlike Iraq. In Iraq, Bush and the Republicans took that decision away from the people. This is why in Iraq, they threw shoes at Bush, but in Libya, they put up billboards thanking Obama. The right wingnuts can't see the difference. It's because they are bullies. Right wingnuts don't like being told what to do. But they don't understand why people they bully don't appreciate what they are doing for them.

Well, we saw what American right wingers did for people in Uganda. What they did for Iraqis. American right wingers with all their terrible failure should be the last people to talk.

Obama kept people from being slaughtered.

Right wingers stood by and watched Iraqi Christians get slaughter AND DID NOTHING. They didn't even bring them here. They just left them to die. Of course, "let him die" seems to be the new Republican mantra.

So.... what is Obama doing for Christians in the ME (since you want to point out the failures of Bush)? Is he stopping the slaughter in Pakistan, Afganistan, Iraq, Turkey, Egypt, Tunisia, Libya, or any other African or ME nation? Has he even mentioned this in any of his saturated air time? Has he been critical of any islamic movement the way he criticizes Jews and Christians when they are attempting self-preservation? Seriously, who is doing the "attacking"?

What can he do? Republicans tore through the Middle East like a bull though a China shop. Then left this country bankrupt and the military depleted. This isn't the infinite country with infinite money and infinite poor to use as cannon fodder. Republicans squeezed everything they could out of this country. And they assume they can just keep squeezing.

Well, they can't. There isn't that much left to squeeze. And for some strange reason, they want to keep it that way. They know an educated population will never accept their far right wingnut religious ideology. That's why they are so against education. It's not about what is good for the country. They just want to bully the rest of America into submission.

When I think about what is good for the country, I think equal rights, education, jobs, a strong defense, a good economy, a clean environment.

Republicans have a different take. They think they are preparing the country for the return of Jesus. That there really will be a "rapture". This is why they support Israel. That "really good" Christians are only wanted if they are ignorant and will float up into heaven. They think they are fighting to SAVE America from those minorities.

And the Republicans who don't share those views? They believe that the country should be treated like a great big corporation. That companies should rule. That only rich people know how to spend money. They believe rich people will "take care of them" as long as they toe the line and work hard. They also don't believe in education. Education is "just a piece of paper". That government is bad. Government wants to take over your life. Government wants to take everything you have and leave you to live in a piano box while poor people live it up on food stamps and large screen TVs.

The right wing has deluded themselves so much, they work to defeat anything Obama does and then call him a failure.

And what has the right wing done in the last 20 years that they can be proud of? They have been challenged with that question again and again and they so pathetic, they are reduced to trying to take credit for what Obama has done. Getting Bin Laden. Why do more than 100 Republican congressmen and senators call the stimulus a failure when they take credit for creating thousands of jobs that come directly from the stimulus they say failed? It didn't fail for them.

And when did it become acceptable to yell out "let him die" and applaud executions?

Are you nuts?

Holy toledo kid get a grip. What the hell does the stimulus have to do with this thread?

Why is it I envision you in your jammies singing "I'm koo koo for coco puffs" whilst posting?

Sheesh.

Democrat/Republican Chickenhawks are very entertaining. They'll come up with all sorts of bizarre justifications for their illegal wars. Gaddafi/Libya was no threat to anyone,let alone the U.S. It was another war for oil for sure. Now lets just hope we at least see some cheap oil of out of the deal. I expect to see gas prices drop dramatically. If not,this war was just another huge fail.

The era of cheap oil is over. I think global oil production has peak.

Libya is one of the most religious countries in the Middle East (Tunisia is another). It makes perfect sense for Islam to be an integral part of the country. (It makes more sense than the Islamic Republic of Iran, where people are religious, but it tends to be a private thing).

Goes Islamic

? :eusa_eh:

It's been Islamic for a long time. :)

It is not going to go Christian or Jewish :)

Uhhhh, not their government.:cuckoo:

Uh, yes. Just a different interpretation of the Sharia. A spin off, but that's what they all are at the moment.

Not one of the 57 Muslim countries are instituting Sharia exactly the same as the others. :eusa_shhh:

Funny.....Iraq didn't institute Sharia Law as soon as Saddam was gone. Seems to me most of them want Democracy, not theocracies. History tells us that in a vacuum the strongest and most aggressive groups snatch control over the government.

Why is it that every one of these other countries that are overthrowing totalitarian rule are going full Islamic fundamentalist?

It's like Obama wants this.........I wonder why......Is is because he wants this or is he just an idiot....unable to foresee the unintended consequences?

Do you have to wonder?

What I wonder is if our Secretary of State travels to these god forsaken hell holes with some real good body guards. Because if she doesn't I shudder to think what they will do to her.

Have you looked at Hillary lately???

Ewwwwwww!

Libya is one of the most religious countries in the Middle East (Tunisia is another). It makes perfect sense for Islam to be an integral part of the country. (It makes more sense than the Islamic Republic of Iran, where people are religious, but it tends to be a private thing).

That explains why the rebels went around slaughtering rape victims about a month or two ago.

Qaddafi thought it would be cool if he sent out his troops to rape and pillage. A bunch of their women came up pregnant and the rebs saw fit to slit their throats for them to prevent their bastard children from being born.

Yes, it's religion of peace.:cool:

obama_akbar1.png

Obama Akbar......

Thanks to the wisdom of Barrack Hussein Obama we can count another country to be added to the list of fledgling theocracies.

Democrats are worried about the GOP installing a theocratic government here, but Obama is helping install them all over the Middle East.

Pretty soon every country in that region will be an enemy of the U.S. and of Israel.

New Rulers In Libya Installing Sharia Law

2011831133143303580_20.jpg

The transitional government leader Mustafa Abdul-Jalil set out a vision for the post-Gadhafi future with an Islamist tint, saying that Islamic Sharia law would be the "basic source" of legislation in the country and that existing laws that contradict the teachings of Islam would be nullified. In a gesture that showed his own piety, he urged Libyans not to express their joy by firing in the air, but rather to chant "Allahu Akbar," or God is Great. He then stepped aside and knelt to offer a brief prayer of thanks.

"This revolution was looked after by God to achieve victory," he told the crowd at the declaration ceremony in the eastern city of Benghazi, the birthplace of the uprising against Gadhafi began. He thanked those who fell in the fight against Gadhafi's forces. "This revolution began peacefully to demand the minimum of legitimate rights, but it was met by excessive violence."
Libya's transitional leader declares liberation - Yahoo! News

To you liberals.......we told you so.:eusa_whistle:

You see victory yet we're losing the war on terror and paying for it with U.S. dollars.

Idiots.

Islamic Sharia Law--same thing as what Iran did 40 years ago--now just a different day.

obama_akbar1.png

Obama Akbar......

Thanks to the wisdom of Barrack Hussein Obama we can count another country to be added to the list of fledgling theocracies.

Democrats are worried about the GOP installing a theocratic government here, but Obama is helping install them all over the Middle East.

Pretty soon every country in that region will be an enemy of the U.S. and of Israel.

The transitional government leader Mustafa Abdul-Jalil set out a vision for the post-Gadhafi future with an Islamist tint, saying that Islamic Sharia law would be the "basic source" of legislation in the country and that existing laws that contradict the teachings of Islam would be nullified. In a gesture that showed his own piety, he urged Libyans not to express their joy by firing in the air, but rather to chant "Allahu Akbar," or God is Great. He then stepped aside and knelt to offer a brief prayer of thanks.

"This revolution was looked after by God to achieve victory," he told the crowd at the declaration ceremony in the eastern city of Benghazi, the birthplace of the uprising against Gadhafi began. He thanked those who fell in the fight against Gadhafi's forces. "This revolution began peacefully to demand the minimum of legitimate rights, but it was met by excessive violence."
QUOTE]

You see victory yet we're losing the war on terror and paying for it with U.S. dollars.

Idiots.

I'm no fan of Obama but this was done as well or better than Bush (the good one, not the complete idiot) did in the first Gulf War. I considered that a success with the only mistake being the severity of the sanctions afterward. This was even better. The impetus was not us or even the UN, THEY rebelled. Then they ASKED for help from the UN who complied. Then we got involved.
Now perhaps you're not aware of it but we KNOW that Libra was a training and support center for terrorism. We've known it a long time. The upside here is that the cost was zero in human life or limb, we'll probably get some decent economic advanatage out of it and a very good foothold intel-wise.
As far as Sharia law goes, that's like being surprised that England or Spain have judeo-Christian laws. What were you expecting - Buddhist law?
This one looks fine to me. It's not going to be enough to overcome the failure that is the rest of Obama's presidency but those of us who don't form all our opinions based on "Obama success = must somehow be bad", see it as a success for America.
As far as the cartoon showing this makes Islamic Jihad happy or that they like Obama, laughable. Obama is more feared by Jihadist than any president in history. He may be a failure at home but by luck or design, the guy has outperformed all expectations.

Last edited:
..... Thanks to the wisdom of Barrack Hussein Obama we can count another country to be added to the list of fledgling theocracies.

..... To you liberals.......we told you so.:eusa_whistle:

Idiots.
Obama could have allowed Gadafhi to murder 1000's of innocent civilians or continued providing support to a host of unpopular right-wing dictators in North Africa and the Middle East!

The problem is that such approaches have already been tried with the Shah of Iran and Saddam in Iraq by former Administrations - and America is still living with the consequences of some misguided decisions made 60 years ago.

The reality is that America is no longer in a position to continue imposing dictatorships who may be friendly to the US, but increasingly unpopular with their own people!

Last edited:
obama_akbar1.png

Obama Akbar......

QUOTE]

Idiots.

I'm no fan of Obama but this was done as well or better than Bush (the good one, not the complete idiot) did in the first Gulf War. I considered that a success with the only mistake being the severity of the sanctions afterward. This was even better. The impetus was not us or even the UN, THEY rebelled. Then they ASKED for help from the UN who complied. Then we got involved.
Now perhaps you're not aware of it but we KNOW that Libra was a training and support center for terrorism. We've known it a long time. The upside here is that the cost was zero in human life or limb, we'll probably get some decent economic advanatage out of it and a very good foothold intel-wise.
As far as Sharia law goes, that's like being surprised that England or Spain have judeo-Christian laws. What were you expecting - Buddhist law?
This one looks fine to me. It's not going to be enough to overcome the failure that is the rest of Obama's presidency but those of us who don't form all our opinions based on "Obama success = must somehow be bad", see it as a success for America.
As far as the cartoon showing this makes Islamic Jihad happy or that they like Obama, laughable. Obama is more feared by Jihadist than any president in history. He may be a failure at home but by luck or design, the guy has outperformed all expectations.

Nope. He's performed just as I expected.....miserably.

Yes, it's no surprise that Libya is shifting to a government based on Sharia Law immediately because that has been the trend in that region. They promised the males in Libya 4 wives so of course they love it. The ladies may not agree, but since when has Sharia Law taken women's opinions into consideration. Also banks aren't allowed to charge interest in a Sharia Law state. So now you see the incentive.

Everyone could see this coming (except Obama supporters). This is why interceding in Libya and not Iran where Sharia Law is already installed in their government gives one pause.

Why is the life of a Libyan protester more important then an Iranian protester???

Easy. If the goal is to help the growth of radical Islamic-fundamentalism in the Middle East, then doing what Obama did makes sense. However, if you want to prevent that you simply stay out of it and allow it to run it's course without interference. The Libyan rebels were a rag-tag group of idiots that couldn't have won anything without our help and now they're committing murder in the streets killing rape victims and installing Sharia Law.

It's hilarious to see how naive folks are. Every country in the Middle East is becoming a worse threat then before yet they and Obama are celebrating. And folks on the left are swallowing this without batting an eye simply because nobody is reminding them about 9/11 and it's causes. It is an utter failure and they can't even recognize it.

It's amazing how quickly we can go from making headway in the war on terror to selling the farm in just a few years when you have the wrong person in the White House. Egypt, one of our strongest allies in the region for the last 40 years is now our enemy. Pakistan is now our enemy. Libya soon will be in the mix with them. Turkey, Tunisia, Afghanistan, Iraq, the list goes on and on.

Soon we will have no influence at all and Israel will be on their own. Then they'll cut off the oil and our economy will collapse. We'll end up having to wage war on a unified Islamic Middle East just to survive, thanks to our short-sighted Democrats.

I've heard so many say;"Of course they went toward Sharia Law".

No shit Sherlock. That's the point.

How can a person say something so stupid.

Last edited:
I heard some interesting things this Sunday on Meet The Depressed.

Leading from behind is good.
Failing in negotiations with Iraq is a victory.
The dollars and blood that we spent there is not important. We just want to claim victory and leave, high-fiving on the way out.

I knew from the day that Obama was elected that he'd sell us out in Iraq. I could never suspect that he would actually use our military to assure the growth of radical Islam. I didn't think he could get away with it, but he has.

I suppose if you're willing to believe anything this Administration dishes out it seems reasonable to shirk our responsibilities and aid the growth of Islam. If we're gonna go down we might as well go down in flames.

Forum List

Back