Libya Goes Islamic And We Helped Pave The Way

islam isnt like aids....
Seriously i think you neo-cons have a problem with people having free will to choose.

Did the people choose...or did a few choose for them??

THe people of course. The error is in thinking that democracy means the same thing to them as it does to us.

Maybe this will help.

Sultan Knish a blog by Daniel Greenfield

The one fundamental virtue of democracy is that it is the widest possible means of distributing power within a system. And that leads to a system that is only as good and bad as the sum of its voters. It is possible to have a democracy of cannibals, so long as the majority agrees that's the way to go. Or a democracy in which a quarter of the population has no legal or civil rights whatsoever. So long as that is the expressed will of the majority.

Democracy is a tool. It is a means, not the end. During the Bush Administration, democracy was treated as an end. The embedded assumption was that the average Arab-Muslim wanted the same things we did. A condensed version of the American Dream with jobs and freedom for everyone. And when given a chance at a voting booth, tyranny and terrorism would blow away like smoke, as a liberated electorate would choose leaders who would give them these things.

Like all tools, democracy is defined by its users. Give a gun to a maniac and he will shoot up a store. Give it to a responsible man, and he will use it guard his home. The difference is not in the gun, but in the values of the wielder. Offering democracy to the Muslim world will not reform it. Its tyrannies are not the problem, but a symptom of the problem. If the Muslim world were truly ready to reform, it would have already reformed itself by now. And all the Soros front groups and US and EU funded grass roots organizations won't change that. Their 0.001 percent of angry college students will provide the impetus and legitimacy for what will turn into an Islamist takeover. That's democracy for you.

I guess I missed the part of the OP's article where the people voted in this transitional leader, and the theocratic government he's determined on behalf of the masses.

Did the people choose...or did a few choose for them??

THe people of course. The error is in thinking that democracy means the same thing to them as it does to us.

Maybe this will help.

Sultan Knish a blog by Daniel Greenfield

The one fundamental virtue of democracy is that it is the widest possible means of distributing power within a system. And that leads to a system that is only as good and bad as the sum of its voters. It is possible to have a democracy of cannibals, so long as the majority agrees that's the way to go. Or a democracy in which a quarter of the population has no legal or civil rights whatsoever. So long as that is the expressed will of the majority.

Democracy is a tool. It is a means, not the end. During the Bush Administration, democracy was treated as an end. The embedded assumption was that the average Arab-Muslim wanted the same things we did. A condensed version of the American Dream with jobs and freedom for everyone. And when given a chance at a voting booth, tyranny and terrorism would blow away like smoke, as a liberated electorate would choose leaders who would give them these things.

Like all tools, democracy is defined by its users. Give a gun to a maniac and he will shoot up a store. Give it to a responsible man, and he will use it guard his home. The difference is not in the gun, but in the values of the wielder. Offering democracy to the Muslim world will not reform it. Its tyrannies are not the problem, but a symptom of the problem. If the Muslim world were truly ready to reform, it would have already reformed itself by now. And all the Soros front groups and US and EU funded grass roots organizations won't change that. Their 0.001 percent of angry college students will provide the impetus and legitimacy for what will turn into an Islamist takeover. That's democracy for you.

I guess I missed the part of the OP's article where the people voted in this transitional leader, and the theocratic government he's determined on behalf of the masses.

Interesting how all these libs don't have a problem with any of these countries not having elections to determine theocracies should rule.

Last edited:
All Obama did in Libya was keep people from being slaughtered.

It was Bush and the Republicans who ignited Islamic Hard Core Fever in the Middle East. By creating a hard core right wing Islamic Government in Iraq. From there that spread.

The worst is that they want to do that here with Christianity. They want to turn America into a hard core right wing Fundigelico right wing theocracy.

Bush and the Republicans destroyed the Iraqi government without asking the people of Iraq. They had guns pointed at the people and could have forced any government on them. And why not? They destroyed those people's government. Bush and the Republicans forced the Iraqis away from a government they supported. Iraq didn't ask for help. In fact, the Iraqi army fought us to protect their own country -- from us.

After Bush and the Republicans pretty much destroyed Iraq, they proved to the Middle East that being a bully is good. That you can win with force. That you don't need to care what those people want because you have more fire power.

The majority of Libyans may not like the government they end up with, but that's their decision. Unlike Iraq. In Iraq, Bush and the Republicans took that decision away from the people. This is why in Iraq, they threw shoes at Bush, but in Libya, they put up billboards thanking Obama. The right wingnuts can't see the difference. It's because they are bullies. Right wingnuts don't like being told what to do. But they don't understand why people they bully don't appreciate what they are doing for them.

Well, we saw what American right wingers did for people in Uganda. What they did for Iraqis. American right wingers with all their terrible failure should be the last people to talk.

Obama kept people from being slaughtered.

Right wingers stood by and watched Iraqi Christians get slaughter AND DID NOTHING. They didn't even bring them here. They just left them to die. Of course, "let him die" seems to be the new Republican mantra.

So.... what is Obama doing for Christians in the ME (since you want to point out the failures of Bush)? Is he stopping the slaughter in Pakistan, Afganistan, Iraq, Turkey, Egypt, Tunisia, Libya, or any other African or ME nation? Has he even mentioned this in any of his saturated air time? Has he been critical of any islamic movement the way he criticizes Jews and Christians when they are attempting self-preservation? Seriously, who is doing the "attacking"?

Democrat/Republican Chickenhawks are very entertaining. They'll come up with all sorts of bizarre justifications for their illegal wars. Gaddafi/Libya was no threat to anyone,let alone the U.S. It was another war for oil for sure. Now lets just hope we at least see some cheap oil of out of the deal. I expect to see gas prices drop dramatically. If not,this war was just another huge fail.

I'm angry that NATO is yanking our chains. Now I've been a good camper over Afghanistan. I know we had to go in and clean out that vipers nest. I'm bi. Not that way. I have dual citizenship. So I can really be double pissed off now.

I'm maxxed. And I'm pissed off. And I'm freaking spitting bullets that I watched an assassination of Ghaddafi and then watched the left prance around like it was Christmas oh pardon me Winter Solstice day because they killed a man that they only within the past few months deemed as evil.

To the tune of a freaking billion dollar hit job. While America is dying.

Cue twilight zone music. It's crazy.

Democrat/Republican Chickenhawks are very entertaining. They'll come up with all sorts of bizarre justifications for their illegal wars. Gaddafi/Libya was no threat to anyone,let alone the U.S. It was another war for oil for sure. Now lets just hope we at least see some cheap oil of out of the deal. I expect to see gas prices drop dramatically. If not,this war was just another huge fail.

I'm angry that NATO is yanking our chains. Now I've been a good camper over Afghanistan. I know we had to go in and clean out that vipers nest. I'm bi. Not that way. I have dual citizenship. So I can really be double pissed off now.

I'm maxxed. And I'm pissed off. And I'm freaking spitting bullets that I watched an assassination of Ghaddafi and then watched the left prance around like it was Christmas oh pardon me Winter Solstice day because they killed a man that they only within the past few months deemed as evil.

To the tune of a freaking billion dollar hit job. While America is dying.

Cue twilight zone music. It's crazy.

BAM! No need to add anything. Thanks.

obama_akbar1.png

Obama Akbar......

Thanks to the wisdom of Barrack Hussein Obama we can count another country to be added to the list of fledgling theocracies.

Democrats are worried about the GOP installing a theocratic government here, but Obama is helping install them all over the Middle East.

Pretty soon every country in that region will be an enemy of the U.S. and of Israel.

New Rulers In Libya Installing Sharia Law

2011831133143303580_20.jpg

The transitional government leader Mustafa Abdul-Jalil set out a vision for the post-Gadhafi future with an Islamist tint, saying that Islamic Sharia law would be the "basic source" of legislation in the country and that existing laws that contradict the teachings of Islam would be nullified. In a gesture that showed his own piety, he urged Libyans not to express their joy by firing in the air, but rather to chant "Allahu Akbar," or God is Great. He then stepped aside and knelt to offer a brief prayer of thanks.

"This revolution was looked after by God to achieve victory," he told the crowd at the declaration ceremony in the eastern city of Benghazi, the birthplace of the uprising against Gadhafi began. He thanked those who fell in the fight against Gadhafi's forces. "This revolution began peacefully to demand the minimum of legitimate rights, but it was met by excessive violence."
Libya's transitional leader declares liberation - Yahoo! News

To you liberals.......we told you so.:eusa_whistle:

You see victory yet we're losing the war on terror and paying for it with U.S. dollars.

Idiots.

Yes, I've been saying this for a while now. The muslim brotherhood is now considered a legitimate political party in Egypt. They will be in all the deposed countries soon enough.

obama_akbar1.png

Obama Akbar......

Thanks to the wisdom of Barrack Hussein Obama we can count another country to be added to the list of fledgling theocracies.

Democrats are worried about the GOP installing a theocratic government here, but Obama is helping install them all over the Middle East.

Pretty soon every country in that region will be an enemy of the U.S. and of Israel.

The transitional government leader Mustafa Abdul-Jalil set out a vision for the post-Gadhafi future with an Islamist tint, saying that Islamic Sharia law would be the "basic source" of legislation in the country and that existing laws that contradict the teachings of Islam would be nullified. In a gesture that showed his own piety, he urged Libyans not to express their joy by firing in the air, but rather to chant "Allahu Akbar," or God is Great. He then stepped aside and knelt to offer a brief prayer of thanks.

"This revolution was looked after by God to achieve victory," he told the crowd at the declaration ceremony in the eastern city of Benghazi, the birthplace of the uprising against Gadhafi began. He thanked those who fell in the fight against Gadhafi's forces. "This revolution began peacefully to demand the minimum of legitimate rights, but it was met by excessive violence."

You see victory yet we're losing the war on terror and paying for it with U.S. dollars.

Idiots.

Yes, I've been saying this for a while now. The muslim brotherhood is now considered a legitimate political party in Egypt. They will be in all the deposed countries soon enough.

Mubarak was the only one holding them in check. Obama removed Mubarak. Obama has now given free reign to the MB.

Thanks so much to the swine in the WH.

And if I hear one more CBC asswipe up here talk about the MB as being a secular organization I am going to seriously file a lawsuit with the CRTC.

I've had it with lies.

ETA; For those that might think I'm blowing wind out my ass we have tribunals up here that you can go to without spending a dime of your own money.

I have never done it before. But I'm really starting to think I should.

Last edited:
Valuable experience to gain for someone working in todays world to learn on the job.
See the posibiltys if we were to give ,The Community organizer & chief a second term. He could end up learning to be, Executive Branch Director of The United States of America before his term ended!

Mubarak was the only one holding them in check. Obama removed Mubarak. Obama has now given free reign to the MB.

And if I hear one more CBC asswipe up here talk about the MB as being a secular organization I am going to seriously file a lawsuit with the CRTC.

I've had it with lies.

You go girl!

Does anyone even understand what the heck we are involved in over there right now? I don't want to come off mamby pamby isolationist here, but I swear I have no freaking idea what on earth we are doing being involved in "Arab Spring" and literally helping depose and assassinate leaders of foreign countries.

To the tune of billions we don't have.

I've had it with lies.

You go girl!

:lol:

I'm currently looking forward to a winter with programming choices on one channel that includes Battle of the Blades, Hockey Night in Canada and Coronation Street twice a day.

At some point I'm going to freaking lose it, and Lord help whatever politician who is babbling on about Arab Spring and that nice batch of fellas called the Muslim Brotherhood is in my way.

I'll let you know when.:eusa_angel:

It was Bush and the Republicans who ignited Islamic Hard Core Fever in the Middle East. By creating a hard core right wing Islamic Government in Iraq. From there that spread.

The worst is that they want to do that here with Christianity. They want to turn America into a hard core right wing Fundigelico right wing theocracy.

Bush and the Republicans destroyed the Iraqi government without asking the people of Iraq. They had guns pointed at the people and could have forced any government on them. And why not? They destroyed those people's government. Bush and the Republicans forced the Iraqis away from a government they supported. Iraq didn't ask for help. In fact, the Iraqi army fought us to protect their own country -- from us.

After Bush and the Republicans pretty much destroyed Iraq, they proved to the Middle East that being a bully is good. That you can win with force. That you don't need to care what those people want because you have more fire power.

The majority of Libyans may not like the government they end up with, but that's their decision. Unlike Iraq. In Iraq, Bush and the Republicans took that decision away from the people. This is why in Iraq, they threw shoes at Bush, but in Libya, they put up billboards thanking Obama. The right wingnuts can't see the difference. It's because they are bullies. Right wingnuts don't like being told what to do. But they don't understand why people they bully don't appreciate what they are doing for them.

Well, we saw what American right wingers did for people in Uganda. What they did for Iraqis. American right wingers with all their terrible failure should be the last people to talk.

Right wingers stood by and watched Iraqi Christians get slaughter AND DID NOTHING. They didn't even bring them here. They just left them to die. Of course, "let him die" seems to be the new Republican mantra.

You're so full of shit.

Obama is allowing Christians to be slaughtered in Iraq.

He's allowing Iran to slaughter demonstrators.
He's allowing Syria to slaughter demonstrators.

Obama didn't stop anything from happening.

All he did was hand another country over to the radicals.

Does anyone even understand what the heck we are involved in over there right now? I don't want to come off mamby pamby isolationist here, but I swear I have no freaking idea what on earth we are doing being involved in "Arab Spring" and literally helping depose and assassinate leaders of foreign countries.

To the tune of billions we don't have.

We're helping destabilize the region so it will cause huge increases in gasoline prices and energy prices so Obama and his cronies can destroy Capitalism.

You're so full of shit.

Obama is allowing Christians to be slaughtered in Iraq.

He's allowing Iran to slaughter demonstrators.
He's allowing Syria to slaughter demonstrators.

Obama didn't stop anything from happening.

All he did was hand another country over to the radicals.

I swear some days all Obama is doing is pulling an Ernest P. Worrell "is that a rabbit over there" move.

At least Ernest was a comedic genius and didn't cost us jack shit though. Last I heard it was a billion. For Libya you know not more than a couple of weeks Libya alone.

A billion? Seriously, how could that amount of money been able to be redistributed in the U.S.?

How much per household could have gotten from that billion that it cost the American taxpayer to assassinate Ghaddafi?

All we've done in Libya is create future enemies that will stab us in the back, then sell their Oil to China. What the heck, Obama and his cronies gets to "feel" good for a few days, so it's all worth it.

Meanwhile Karzai from Afghanistan is claiming he'd back Pakistan in a war between Pakistan and the USA....One thing is clear - Obama's foreign policy is a mess.....

His domestic agenda is miserable failure too..... I guess it's time for the Dems to scream RACISM!!!!

This is primarily France's and to lesser degree UK's mess. USA might have dropped most bombs, but USA did not initiate Libya. NATO only got involved in Libya to limit the mess.

Karzai in Afghanistan, who says, he would back Pakistan against USA in a war was not installed by Obama.

obama_akbar1.png

Obama Akbar......

Idiots.

Um...they were already Islamic. Glad to have been able to inform you.

islam isnt like aids....
Seriously i think you neo-cons have a problem with people having free will to choose.

Remember when they kept showing pictures of the women in Iraq with purple fingers because they got to vote freely? Well, what are they voting freely for?

Apparently, there are some here not too happy to have the people in the ME and North Africa make their own decisions IF those decisions are not what we want.

All we've done in Libya is create future enemies that will stab us in the back, then sell their Oil to China. What the heck, Obama and his cronies gets to "feel" good for a few days, so it's all worth it.

Meanwhile Karzai from Afghanistan is claiming he'd back Pakistan in a war between Pakistan and the USA....One thing is clear - Obama's foreign policy is a mess.....

His domestic agenda is miserable failure too..... I guess it's time for the Dems to scream RACISM!!!!

This is primarily France's and to lesser degree UK's mess. USA might have dropped most bombs, but USA did not initiate Libya. NATO only got involved in Libya to limit the mess.

Karzai in Afghanistan, who says, he would back Pakistan against USA in a war was not installed by Obama.

Karzai knows which side his bread is buttered on.

Obama is killing our foreign policy with his drone campaign.

If everyone thought we were a pariah under Bush....we are absolutely hated now.

Forum List

Back